10+ Year Old Account

Is it necessary to have more than 1 cooking or fishing character?

Hi all,

Quick question; is it worth it or even needed to level cooking on more than one character? What about fishing? I have many alts and just wanna know if I need to bother with those on more than one. Thanks.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Nope, it's not really, you may want to level them on the char (if any) you collect acheivements on if you do. There are quite a lot of cooking and fishing based acheivements.

I can't think of any reason why you would need either on multiple characters. The dailies can be easy experience when you are leveling though, and I often grab them for that if nothing else. :S

You need cooking to drop feasts, so yeah.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makoblade View Post
    You need cooking to drop feasts, so yeah.
    Yah, maybe if one intends to raid on every alt they have. Also, the chances not a single person has feasts in a raid seems slim. The only time I see that being an issue is in the RF since a guild can plan raids accordingly, and the RF is so lolworthy it's not like a feast will make or break it...

...thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by Vidur; 2012-02-29 at 05:06 PM.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Vidur View Post
    Yah, maybe if one intends to raid on every alt they have. Also, the chances not a single person has feasts in a raid seems slim. The only time I see that being an issue is in the RF since a guild can plan raids accordingly, and the RF is so lolworthy it's not like a feast will make or break it...

...thanks for the replies.
    It's more of a self-reliance thing. I know some other people used to rely on my priest for feasts/flasks. When i had to swap to my mage for the better of the group, others had to pick it up but you can tell they either hate it or really don't care about wasted resources.. (lol).

As such, i just took it (cooking) up on my mage.

to the OP, Cooking is required only if the character you're raising it on actively raids (or wants to be reeeeeally nice to 5 mans/BGs), otherwise it's just fluff and you always farm the mats on the old char then ship over to the new one.

I like to level cooking up on my alts so they can make their own buff food; saves me the trouble of logging over to my main to make it.

That being said, I if your guild is already dropping feasts, you probably don't need it.

not really/ yes if u need to put food for the guild

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pass the time in queues fishing in pools helping my guild toward the X fishing pool achievements. Then during thanksgiving I level up every alt I have (usually level 10+) as high in cooking as the holiday will let me. FYI, keep making turkeys even if gray during thanksgiving, they still give skill ups to 430. It'll probably be 530 after Mists.

My clothies are enjoying being able to fish up deepsea sagefish.
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone. - Hobbes