Deleted
    Guess I'll add this for the sake of it.

On Skype, go to Tools - Options - Advanced - Hotkeys.
    There's an action there called "Toggle Mute (Push-to-talk)".
    What this does is switch the current setting of your microphone over for the time being that it is pressed (if you've bound it to a key)
    At default, your mic is unmuted, pressing it will cause your mic to mute itself while pressed (which is the opposite of what we want).
    If you mute your mic by default, it will then unmute your mic when you hold down the button, turning it into a push-to-talk button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofsie View Post
    Dafuq? What the actual fuq?!?!
    I have no idea xD
    Found it on google while searching new Queen material xD

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's a bad excuse. If you offer a service, you can't make it poorly just because it's not your main function. Isn't Wow a PvE game with PvP?

MSN is a text-chat program with terrible voice chat...
    Vent is a voice-chat program with terrible text-chat...

In fact, I can't think of a single chat program, voice or text based, that's good for both functions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you like Doodles don't you?
    * Blushes
    welll um... uh.... I.... yeah.
    * sighs
    But there is a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No, but if you offer motorcycles, you can't sell them broken because "we mainly sell cars".
    ... I am not even sure we are talking about the same thing anymore.

Where have skype done this? It's chat program is not the best, because it is a voice-chatting program, not a typing-chat program. And considering what it could be (Looking at you, Live Messenger) Skype's chat feature is super good. You can add groups of chats, have one-on-one chats and even write to people while talking, in groups and solo.

If you do not want to be annoyed by constant pinging, you should tell people to stop spamming you and stop blaming the program.

Deleted
    Do you ever have a limit on how much pink can be spread? :P
    Yes, today is fluttershyday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Your points make no sense at all.

If I make a company that sells automobiles, should I then be shunned because I do not sell motorcycles?

Skype is a program made for the computer to talk to your friends instead of always writing. It is one of the only programs where you have free voice chats (No push-to-talk), and the program is completely free. I can't see anything wrong with it.

You're complaining that your free food is not your favorite food.
    You're the one saying it's the best program in the world though, which it definitely is not.

The sound quality is horrendous.
    It adjusts the volume of the rest of your system unless you expressively tell it not to (And even then it still does).
    I keeps popping up with conversations that I had days ago as if they were new.

Best program in the world? Hardly.

Oh, you like Doodles don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
    * Blushes
    * sighs
    But there is a problem.
    Heh... I knew I knew that look.

So what's the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caumen View Post
    Yes, today is fluttershyday.

[IMG]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/108/1/c/batter_in_the_confetti_cannon__again__by_iaomai-d4wkzkj.png[/IMG
    Pinkie Pie covered in butter?

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Heh... I knew I knew that look.

So what's the problem?
    Well...
    * His ears flop
    I always chicken out at the last moment to tell her... but then there is somthing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
    * Blushes
    * sighs
    But there is a problem.
    What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Storeandersfn View Post
    Skype's sound is clearer than any other free program I've used.
    It adjusts the volume of the rest of your system unless you expressively tell it not to (And even then it still does).
    I find that rather convenient actually. I like hearing the person on the other end of the line. If Skype turns my crap down too low, I can just turn it back up. It's not hard.
    I've honestly never had that happen before, so I can't really say anything about it.

No, Skype is definitely NOT the best program. But it's definitely one of the best completely free programs.

And no, Vent is not free. Someone needs to pay for a server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill be back in like 5 to 10 min.

Well...
    * His ears flop
    I always chicken out at the last moment to tell her... but then there is somthing else.
    Eh, you'll work up the guts for it eventually. I know I did...

What's the other matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    ... I am not even sure we are talking about the same thing anymore.

Where have skype done this? It's chat program is not the best, because it is a voice-chatting program, not a typing-chat program. And considering what it could be (Looking at you, Live Messenger) Skype's chat feature is super good. You can add groups of chats, have one-on-one chats and even write to people while talking, in groups and solo.

If you do not want to be annoyed by constant pinging, you should tell people to stop spamming you and stop blaming the program.
    My point is, if you're going to offer a service, don't ignore it because it's not your main function. I see no point in using its chat when IRC is tons better. Hell, I can't even use the Skype's video chat, so I really shouldn't care I guess.

Deleted
    You're the one saying it's the best program in the world though, which it definitely is not.

Best program in the world? Hardly.
    Do not put words in my mouth. It is one of the best programs I have housed on my computer, not the best in the world. That price goes to Steam.

The sound quality is as good as your soundcard and internet can provide. I have a very good soundcard and a very fast connection, my voice is clear as glass and I never have problems with audio quality (Only if the person I am talking to have a very bad mic.)
    It adjusts the volume on your computer when you enter a call because the computer recognizes it as a sound program, and allows it to. You can tell your computer to not do that (Like I've done), and it will never do it again. If it continues, you did something wrong.
    It pops up with conversations days old if you have not recived them properly, which is an internet concern.

I have yet to see any of you actually attack the program, and not your own equipment... I mean, really now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Pinkie Pie covered in butter?
    It's cookie dough!
    Last edited by mmoc4c2ce9ba14; 2012-05-07 at 03:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caumen View Post
    It's cookie dough!
    [IMG]http://martybpix.deviantart.com/art/Pinkie-Pie-Smile-Face-286740084?q=gallery%3Apinkieism%2F28790668&qo=413[/IG]
    Even better! \o/

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god yeah, is there a way to fix this? After talking to someone, I went back to Spotify, and couldn't figure why with Spotify's volume at maximum, my speaker's volume at maximum, I could still barely hear it. I went to my volume mixer, and Spotify was up rather high, so I was confused. I adjusted it ever so slightly, and it started blaring out of my speakers because everything was turned up to max and all of a sudden, everything clicked.

Man, I really wish there were some good games to stream that Ruom hadn't already played. I just can't come up with anything I have that's any good - I'd play something blind, but I wouldn't know what -to- play blind.