Poll: What is your experience with Naut's on your team?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I've seen a lot of Nautilus' laning, they seem to insist on going duo top with me when I play AD bruiser Nidalee (a strong solo top) instead of jungling, then then almost every time without fail they go 0/6/0 within 10 mins feeding the lane hugely.

One (1) Nautilus I saw jungle, he basically carried us to an easy win.

I used my one time refund on naut, just couldn't get into him, his Q is stupid should pull them all the way to you like blitz, he just feels so slow and cumbersome, slowest AA timer in the game, his aoe slow and his ult are nice though, but not enough to make me want to play him.

Edit I was trying to lane with him, maybe that was the problem looking at the replies in this thread, alas was looking for a tanky cc machine for botlane but it just wouldn't gel for me

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Nautilus is soooooooo slow. 300 base movement on a melee bruiser type character is a joke. Granted he can pull people to him but the CD on his anchor is too long to use it like that repeatedly in one fight. He pulls people to him, hit them for the root, waits a second then pops his AoE slow which lasts 2 seconds, then most champions in the game can just walk away from him without bothering to use ghost or flash. The only really solid use for nautilus is jungling and ganking from the jungle, he can set up ganks like crazy and clear jungle creeps super fast since he can use the anchor on terrain and pull himself around the jungle. Hitting terrain with the anchor is a 50% reduced CD on the anchor.
    Boots of Mobility for jungling at least is a must just for that. Also anchor imo is not supposed to be used for champions, when chasing at least. Use it on terrain, much lower cooldown and along with e and possibly red you got most of the champs.
    EDIT: Forgot to mention the passive root
    Also people that state nautilus is a sucky solo top, I just believe he is really hard to master. A safer approach is jungling.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2012-03-02 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naut is a really amazing tank champ, when I play with my friends ill sometimes play him when we need a tank. I get a fairly decent amount of kills, amazing amount of assists and I rarely die. Try going Resist boots (Tabi or Merc Treads whichever youd need) > Warmogs > Sunfire > Build resistance as needed, usually Thornmail for carries and FoN for casters. If you want a little extra "Umph" from your W shield build another Warmog or two and youll be a force to be reckoned with.

10+ Year Old Account
    My overall problem with him is that he feels too slow. Regardless of the actual numbers, everything about him just feels slow. Also his passive has no indicator, making it very annoying for you and the enemy. He's very enjoyable to play as long as you don't factor in meta-game shenanigans.

Riot just needs to slow the fuck down with champion releases. I know they're instant cash-cow for them, but it's really boring the crap out of the roster when they just give new champs better versions of old champ abilities. Fiona isn't at all unique or interesting, just another generic auto-attack hero. I'm literally looking at Yi, Xin Zhao, and Jax, and just being completely disgusted at the blatant unimaginative crap they threw up for Fiona's abilities.

They literally responded by releasing a fast, glass cannon (Fiona) after releasing a slow, wrecking ball (Naut).

I don't ever play rated or draft pick, because there's nothing interesting about people using generic setups and banning champs for no reason other than it being OP or a counter to their dream comp.

Where's my random-pick match Riot, I'm tired of playing poker with champions, especially when you just keep adding the same card with a different design on the back. Many champs are never played, or only played, simply because they pop up on the weekly lineup. They don't show up, people go back to using FoTM champs that require no debate on whether they're a buy or a pass.

I'm just glad they didn't nerf Shen back into oblivion, otherwise I'd be taking another vacation from LoL.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-03-03 at 12:52 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

You should not lane twitch, you should jungle him and gank alot so you force them to buy purple wards. not viable but alot more fun then lane twitch
    N

Deleted
    Everyone blames twitch for everything, from my experience, lol.
    I've seen bad and good Nautiluses, like with any other champion. Personally I think he fits my playstyle really well too. Great champ imo
    He is very annoying if played right