Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tantojutsu View Post
    IIRC, in the second Assassin's Creed game you came upon a room full of statues of assassins from the past. I always thought that room served as hints / examples for time periods and locations for future games in the series. I'm fairly certain there was an Asian statue, and I want to say it was Japanese.

Anyone else remember the room I'm talking about?
    Yeah I remember that room and I thought the same thing. I was thinking they were hints to future AC games and that those statues were the main characters. I mean why else would they put those there?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Victorian London, 1800s.

Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty, Jekyll and Hyde, Sweeney Todd.

Dark winding alleys, narrow roof tops, full of corruption, disease and squalor. perfect setting for templars to reset.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Industrial revolution England or sometime in scandinavia. The Wild West also seems like a good idea.

Assassin's Creed 3 Online Problems

Is anyone else having issues even connecting to play online?

Whenever I try to play it says "Ubisoft Services are unavailable", and puts me into Limited Mode.

Well, I then try to play online, and it won't even let me connect.

I have not a single issue with any other game..is it AC3?

Also I have a PS3 is that helps.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 07:17 PM ----------

If anyone could help that'd be fantastic :x
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    they talk about going back 70k years during AC3.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Taking place during the Napoleonic wars would be cool since AC3 setting was cool.

World War I and II, the Wild West, The Japan Meiji Restoraton

Modern day Middle East. The main character using the Animus is now the main character overall. No more memories. All here and now.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Russian revolution and communism, Cold war Era, london in the 1800's, wild west, or france during napoleon's rule. and i would also like to see what happens in current times after AC3 another huge cliffhanger

Can no one at all help me with my connection issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

How have Ancient Egypt and Feudal Japan been done to death? I can't think of more then a few examples of either.

Japan would be a brilliant setting, so would China!

The French Revolution would be perfect.

Victorian/Industrial Revolution era England = perfect.

Wild West is a cool idea but I'm not 100% sure!

Russian Revolution?

I don't know much about major events in Spanish history, but Spain could be a cool setting?

I like the idea of India.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I can't believe nobody mentioned this.
    Ancient Rome...
    In fact I'm almost 100% sure that they will do an Ancient Rome setting at some point. Imagine becoming a gladiator or talking with Julius Caesar/Cleopatra.
    The only problem is that we've already seen Rome as a city.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-11-05 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished AC3, and all I have to say is that there better be a AC4, for a couple of reasons. One, because the games are awesome, and two, because I would hate if the series ended the way AC3 did.

Also, why are the counter button and the pickup weapon button the same? Oh look, a big guy is swinging a huge axe at me, I'll just counter it and... oh wait, instead I'm bending over to pick up a musket, leaving my skull completely exposed.

Did anyone else not really like the ending and was expecting something else? I liked conners story alot but the way they ended desmonds was ehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Just finished AC3, and all I have to say is that there better be a AC4, for a couple of reasons. One, because the games are awesome, and two, because I would hate if the series ended the way AC3 did.

Also, why are the counter button and the pickup weapon button the same? Oh look, a big guy is swinging a huge axe at me, I'll just counter it and... oh wait, instead I'm bending over to pick up a musket, leaving my skull completely exposed.
    How can that actually happen? Don't you have to be out of combat to pickup a weapon?

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I can't believe nobody mentioned this.
    Ancient Rome...
    In fact I'm almost 100% sure that they will do an Ancient Rome setting at some point. Imagine becoming a gladiator or talking with Julius Caesar/Cleopatra.
    The only problem is that we've already seen Rome as a city.
    They won't do ancient Rome as one of the main games for 2 reasons. 1. Exact reason you just said, we've already been there. And 2, a LOT is known about ancient Rome in Assassin's Creed already. I imagine they'd go to a time/place that they haven't really touched yet. Apparently, Rome has a super badass grandmaster assassin named Brutus. He was so awesome, that after he died the order tried to use the Shroud of Turin to bring him back, because they believed he could truly defeat the Templars.

I gotta say. I liked the ending, but only as an opening for another game. If later Ubisoft says this is all there is I'd be a little disappointed. I expect an AC4.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-11-05 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course there will be an AC4, AC: Divinations, AC: Procrastinations, AC: Nephewhood, or whatever they end up calling the next one. Maybe Assassin's Creed: Actually 6?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I just cant get past the lack of ambient music in this game. Surely there are others out there that feel the same as i do? As far as i can tell most people are complaining of the glitches and bugs..but in my opinion,the biggest problem with AC3 is the total lack of ambient music outside of fights and missions.

Personally,its slowly destroying the game for me..im starting to lose interest. Its completely souless..theres no feeling of enchantment or wonder. You move from mission to mission and no zone has any character or ambient feeling. Just sound effects of nature or the random chit chat of city life.

Some players prefer it that way..i can understand that,everyone is differant. However,in past AC games you could just lower the music volume to 0 if you preferred it that way..in AC3,the music volume option is pointless..since there isnt any music most of the time lol.

Frustrating stuff..i hope its a glitch and Ubi come out with some sort of patch,but i have the OST and i doubt that will happen. Honestly compare http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qX_WOD4EaI or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvZHAT7xHO4 to the souless,standard sound effects that play during free roam in AC3.

Tis honestly the worst thing they have done to this series..they removed the music and its soul in the process. Anyone out there feel the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed that in the playthroughs I've seen. Feels... "odd" for lack of a better word.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Although it was a bit badly written, the ending actually makes sense.
    It was pretty obvious that Desmond and his group of buddies won't be able to finish what the First Civilization had failed. Also Desmond is the most boring character in the game, so killing him actually opens the possibility for a better main character. And there is the possibility of going back 70 000 years to see how to defeat Juno, so only good things are ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is something I don't understand about the ending.

The First Civilization failed to protect Earth from the solar flare or w/e it was. Why did releasing Juno save the Earth. Assuming she caused that green Aurora Borialis thing (I assume it was a shield of some kind?), why couldn't the Precursors do something similar?