Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeblin View Post
    It may prevent you from /tar burning tendons because the one still hidden might be targeted but boss2 works no matter on which side you stand; I mostly stand on the right side and we always go for the left tendon and it always works.
    It failed me sometimes so I think there is some issue with LoS or range. Running closer to the tendon makes it always work.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindlad View Post
    Some reasoning to why it sometimes doesn't work, regardless of having a proper targeting macro:

The boss is ultimately split into 2 equal sides - left and right, and there is almost a "LoS blocker" line between the two straight in the middle. You can never be standing in the middle, you are always physically located either on the left or right. And while that blocker does not prevent you from dpsing things on the other side, it does prevent you targeting things on the other side via macros.

So if you are opening up the left tendon - your macro with the creature name (not boss2) will work flawlessly if you are also standing on the left side and will do jack if you are standing on the right side.
    This is the correct answer as to why ti fails, boss2 will ALWAYS work. Aside from the one post in this thread pretending it doesn't, I've never heard of boss2 failing. You will get more DPS by spamming a macro with it as well, it's not just for ease of targetting, you can target and cast on the tendons before they're even visible with a macro (like 1 GCD extra worth).