Purchasing a PC tonight

I'll be purchasing a PC from Ironside Computers tonight. So far their customer service has been phenomenal. One thing I like about them is that they suggest a build based on your needs, unlike some other companies who try and get you to buy the most expensive items on their list. They also allow you to order custom parts. For example, if you want the newest ASRock motherboard and it's not listed on their website, you can request it and they will order it and build it for you. Anyway! Lets get down to what I want will be ordering.

Case - Cooler Master HAF 912 (Mid Tower) [Level 2 Iron Tundra Ready]
    Intel Processor - [Overclockable] Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Boost (Quad Core)
    CPU Cooling - COOLER MASTER Hyper TX3 (I went with this one because it's cheap and I read some very good reviews on it. Plus I probably won't be doing any heavy overclocking. I would have went with the Hyper 212, but I can always change the TX3 out for it in the later future))
    Intel Motherboard - ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    Memory - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
    Primary Hard Drive - 500GB 7200RPM
    Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti 1GB
    Power Supply - Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
    Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-03-01 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere outside McDonalds, free internet
    How much do you prefer it would cost your build? do you have any max cost?
    What brand is it on the Harddrive?
    I would probly go with another video card. I don't really prefer the GTX, im using the HD 7950 3gb but that's probably to expensive for you. Can see if I can find the build where i was ordering from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippárn View Post
    I would probly go with another video card. I don't really prefer the GTX, im using the HD 7950 3gb but that's probably to expensive for you. Can see if I can find the build where i was ordering from.
    GTX 560ti is one of the best price-performance cards out there.

On topic: You probably wont find a cheaper mobo than that.

I have the same RAM, Video card, processor and power supply, so they are all good choices unless you want to go modular with your PSU. I can't vouch for the case, HDD (what brand is it?), mobo or CPU cooler but it looks like a solid build.

One last question. How much is it?
    Last edited by Blackspur; 2012-03-01 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    GTX 560ti is one of the best price-performance cards out there.

On topic: You probably wont find a cheaper mobo than that.
    Ofcourse its good but I doesn't prefer it, like the HD 7950 more

link to a build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4VaY

I'm not 100% sure what brand the hard drive is, but they do have other hard drives on their list. It was just a price issue if I picked any of their other hard drives.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes but they aren't meant to be similar, the 7950 is the AMD equivalent to the 580, and double the price.... And clearly price is a important point for him as he had to chose between HDD's to save a bit of money so why suggest a card that is clearly going to be too expensive?

Also you're English is terrible, and it's quite a chore to read what you are writing, if you are not a native English speaker then fine, but considering the page you linked with your parts was newegg prices then that's a another story.
    Last edited by Blackspur; 2012-03-01 at 02:36 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

well i like the gtx's better. soo. comparing a 450$ card to a 200$ card /facepalm.

the 560ti is a great card at your price point, get it you wont be upset with it at all, and great firmware support and a decent overclocking potential.

nice case, nice cpu, nice gpu, nice psu.

if there is an option for a asrock extreme 3 gen 3 z68 mobo that will save you a nice chunk of change for a similar mobo with a nice uefi bios.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    well i like the gtx's better. soo. comparing a 450$ card to a 200$ card /facepalm.

the 560ti is a great card at your price point, get it you wont be upset with it at all, and great firmware support and a decent overclocking potential.

nice case, nice cpu, nice gpu, nice psu.

if there is an option for a asrock extreme 3 gen 3 z68 mobo that will save you a nice chunk of change for a similar mobo with a nice uefi bios.
    I haven't decided on if I want the HAF 922 or HAF 912. I know if I get the HAF 912, I most definitely want at least two extra fans for it. As for the HAF 922, it already comes with 2 massive fans and I can always buy another 200mm fan for the side panel.. Just not sure which one I will go with. This might be a very odd question.. How much do you think the HAF 912 and the HAF 922 will weigh fully built? See, I have this folding table from Wal-Mart and I'm worried about putting too much weight on it. I mean, I have my old 2008 Alienware on it and it's pretty heavy, but I think the HAF 922 is slightly bigger then my Alienware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I haven't decided on if I want the HAF 922 or HAF 912. I know if I get the HAF 912, I most definitely want at least two extra fans for it. As for the HAF 922, it already comes with 2 massive fans and I can always buy another 200mm fan for the side panel.. Just not sure which one I will go with. This might be a very odd question.. How much do you think the HAF 912 and the HAF 922 will weigh fully built? See, I have this folding table from Wal-Mart and I'm worried about putting too much weight on it. I mean, I have my old 2008 Alienware on it and it's pretty heavy, but I think the HAF 922 is slightly bigger then my Alienware.
    I have the HAF 922, and its an average case at best, and I have absolutely no way of weighing my case I couldn't help you on that, it is quite hefty if you are planning on moving it a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    The 912 isn't a bad case at all, and isn't too heavy. I'm not going to go get a scale and weigh it, but I usually recommend case on the floor to avoid any accidents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but they aren't meant to be similar, the 7950 is the AMD equivalent to the 580, and double the price.... And clearly price is a important point for him as he had to chose between HDD's to save a bit of money so why suggest a card that is clearly going to be too expensive?

Also you're English is terrible, and it's quite a chore to read what you are writing, if you are not a native English speaker then fine, but considering the page you linked with your parts was newegg prices then that's a another story.
    no im not a native English speaker, and yes the most parts are from newegg because i'm going to buy them when im in USA next time,

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everybody is equally good when it comes to grammar, if you think it's a chore reading someone trying to speak your language then you're obviously not here to help.

Please have some manners, motherboard.org's Elric is an awesome person, he's got a nice vocalbulary but his grammar isn't good, people still like him.

no im not a native English speaker, and yes the most parts are from newegg because i'm going to buy them when im in USA next time,
    I think you're gonna encounter some import taxes if you're buying them in the US.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

I agree inux, pointing out someone's grammar mistakes is counter-productive. That being said, I agree with Blackspur's underlying message: Strippárn's recommendation was silly.

The OP is looking for a good mid-range card like the 560 Ti, Strippárn recommended the 7950... Those cards are not even in the same category; one is a average-priced card meant for mid-level builds, the other is a high-priced card meant for high-end builds, of course the second one is better, but it is also more expensive (and way out of the OP's budget).

That'd be like me suggesting a Ferrari to someone looking at a Chevy Camaro.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-03-01 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    i wouldnt go for that motherboard, it is good when it actually works but the quality on it is utter crap just look up on it and you don't wanna buy it. i bought 3 of them from the same series and i had to RMA them all. when i got the 4th i couldnt RMA it because the warranty didn't cover it, cpu pins was broken all over the place, so had to buy another one.

i would recommend a mobo from asrock, asus sister company. way better quality and works like a charm, i got the ASrock Extreme 7 Gen3, maybe a bit too much for you but maybe an extreme 5 or 3 would better suit your needs and imo they look way better if you are into those sort of stuff.

EDIT: didn't read your post too well, if you want a mobo in the same price range but which is better and stable i would recommend Asrock Z68 PRO3-M. its about 15$ more but you will get a better quality mobo.
    Last edited by mmoc7d0df3e4ba; 2012-03-01 at 08:23 PM.

The Extreme7 is definitely out of the OP's price range, the Extreme3 Gen3 has already been suggested (and is what I would also recommend).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    An Asrock motherboard is what I'd recommend. I personally have the p67 extreme 6 and does everything I want it to.

I went ahead and changed the motherboard to the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard like you all suggested. The customer service rep said it would be only 15 dollars more. And on the bright side, with this motherboard, I can always upgrade my CPU to a Ivy one. =D

15.34 dollars more to be exact. =D
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-03-01 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I went ahead and changed the motherboard to the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard like you all suggested. The customer service rep said it would be only 15 dollars more. And on the bright side, with this motherboard, I can always upgrade my CPU to a Ivy one. =D

15.34 dollars more to be exact. =D
    You can? O_o I didn't know Z65 Extreme3 Gen3 had LGA 2011
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    You can? O_o I didn't know Z65 Extreme3 Gen3 had LGA 2011
    Ivy is 1155. Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge-E are 2011....
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard