Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thing is about using SimCraft for this is you don't really wanna buy epic gems for something you won't use and you might not either wanna waste the token (if not already done). I think Nillo answered it already though with his item comparison. It is an upgrade but not a big one.

For my group it will go either to our Prot Pala or me next time Conqueror drops and since shoulders are not BiS for him either I'm not sure who should have them but I might grab them since I wouldn't replace them until Spine HC shoulders drop which we haven't killed yet while we obviously have Morchok on farm for his BiS shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by toddless View Post
    This thread derail much? lol

OT: Here is my debacle: Currently, I have the valor chest, which is technically BiS until heroic tier, BUT I have the Normal tier shoulders.

When the time comes for my guild to progress a little further, I'm going to have to convince them that I need a heroic chest token...and the Backbreaker Spaulders.

I've been tossing up and down in my head whether or not to take the normal spaulders now, and a normal chest token, take the small stat loss just to be ready to gear up from normal to heroic.

One of the posters in this thread had it right: Sim your character, it's the only real way you'll know what you need to do.
    You have me curious as you how you came to the VP chest is BiS. The shoulders from spine are significantly better than the normal tier and the goal is to have gear that has mastery on it. I understand the value of hit, but at the cost of mastery is not worth it. Plus tier has 576 STR with rare gems and the VP has 546 with rare gems. The shoulders are the offset piece for ret, but if you have tier shoulders and don't think you will get the ones from spine I would argue that the gloves would be your best non tier piece.

Deleted
    How can I actually sim this? I really have no idea.

http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/

Simulation program commonly used to evaluate how gear/buff/rotation changes will affect your character's output.