If you have the legendary, you should really know this by now:

"Tarecgosa's Wrath" is NOT all of the damage the proc does in your recount/combat log/parse. I still see people complaining about "my legendary only doing like 300k extra damage" in a fight when they clearly do not understand the mechanics of it. Notably a mage in my guild with the legendary is consistently underperforming, and when confronted, he retorted something ridiculous about CoC doing more damage than his legendary, which was why I, as a warlock without the legendary, was beating him regularly. I was in shock. Please, please, please, if you have spent the time and effort with your guild to get this item, at least understand the absolute basic mechanics of it. It's depressing, seriously. Thankfully a huge portion of the legendary-wielding community seems know this, but it still amazes me that people don't understand it this long after it's been available, especially people who actually have the legendary.

/rant

Tarecgosa's Wrath is the spell that procs when your legendary copies a tick of a DOT.
    When the staff copies a direct damage spell, it will show up in the combat log as the exact same spell (e.g. shadow bolt, fireball, starfire).

Educating them is more useful than ranting, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never noticed anyone thinking that all of their legendaries damage comes from "Wrath of Tarecgosa" . Although I have gotten whispers from people without the legendary saying that it "sucks and does no damage".