Deleted

Should I start playing again?

Hello. I played SWTOR at the end of december for like 2 weeks. for some reason I got bored and stopped playing. I have a level 36 mercenary which I enjoyed to its fullest. Now I am bored again since I'm waiting for GW2 and got a bit bored of BC2 and BF3. So I thought that I maybe should start playing SWTOR again for some months or so until GW2.

so my questions.

1. Should I start playing it? Buy 1 month, not expensive. Or do you think I'm so bored and desperate of any game that I'll still be bored after 1 week of swtor?

2. The main reason why i quit playing was because I realized that I didn't want to be in a guild and raid many days a week to become good. I'm more interested in pve to be honest, but I do play pvp as well. So since I'm not 50 yet I don't know, but I assume you have to raid to get some good gear ( I did hardcore raid in WoW but I realized that it took to much time which I don't want to experience in swtor) ?
    Can I please hear your experience at level 50? Is it worth playing or should I just forget about it?
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2012-03-02 at 12:28 AM.

Wait for 1.2 to drop if you are worried, they are adding a lot with it, but if you want to catch up to 50 before it drops then go for it.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Wait for 1.2 to drop if you are worried, they are adding a lot with it, but if you want to catch up to 50 before it drops then go for it.
    could you please tell specific what ''good'' things that will come in 1.2 that would made me play it then? will they add new events and stuffs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    could you please tell specific what ''good'' things that will come in 1.2 that would made me play it then? will they add new events and stuffs?
    There's no source out yet, but here http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/27/st...game-crafting/

Deleted
    Should I start playing again?
    If you need to ask this on a forum, then no. You shouldn't.

Details are a bit sparce atm as to everything that is coming, but I believe there is a new raid and warzone.

If you checkout the current 1.1.5 PTR patch notes (another thread here) which have some really nice changes to PVP.

Maybe wait a week or so as 1.2 is going up on the PTR soon and they will have the full patch notes available until then. But even then, I have been 50 since late Jan or so and I always find something to do even with the somewhat lack of content.

Just need to take it for what it is and realize that it just launched and not expect it to have everything.

If you do, come back and want to tryout Republic side come to Infinite Empire server (PVP), I have a rather casual guild (although we do raid and pvp) and could throw you an invite.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    frankly if you quit already 2 months into the game, no I do not think you should play again. You obviously lack any form of patience and will just get flustered and leave again in a month. Wait for the patch maybe and try again but really. 2 months and you quit and are asking if you should come back? that has got to be some kind of record.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    frankly if you quit already 2 months into the game, no I do not think you should play again. You obviously lack any form of patience and will just get flustered and leave again in a month. Wait for the patch maybe and try again but really. 2 months and you quit and are asking if you should come back? that has got to be some kind of record.
    well I didn't left because I lacked impatience. I left because 1. I realized that I didn't want to raid 24/7 at 50 and 2. I couldn't find out what else to do at 50. That's the problem.

well I didn't left because I lacked impatience. I left because 1. I realized that I didn't want to raid 24/7 at 50 and 2. I couldn't find out what else to do at 50. That's the problem.
    I'm so fucking tired of this argument. What do you do in any MMO at max level? You PvP or Raid. Or hang out with your guild and screw around.

Why do you think there isn't anything to do at max level in this MMO compared to every other mmo currently on the market? I mean really.

ENdgame is more than fine for release. 10 bosses that can be cleared on Nightmare, PvP that gives consistant rewards after the patch, apart from the still slightly frustrating Battlemaster Bags. There is also the codex unlocks and datacrons (and if you follow a guide your setting yourself up to get burned fast anyway)

Battles on Illum is pretty consistant, at least on my server they are pretty good and can last for hours on end. Might be blessed with a decent Illum balance at primetime though.

MMMO's will always be about the grind and its always the same. Raids, PvP, crafting or achievements/codex w/e else they might be calling it on other games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm so fucking tired of this argument. What do you do in any MMO at max level? You PvP or Raid. Or hang out with your guild and screw around.

Why do you think there isn't anything to do at max level in this MMO compared to every other mmo currently on the market? I mean really.
    ohoj chill down mr rage kid. I am not arguing at all. I came here to ask what kind of things you can do at 50, like: do a quest to get epic weapon, get some rare mount or what ever. you need a doctor

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    ENdgame is more than fine for release. 10 bosses that can be cleared on Nightmare, PvP that gives consistant rewards after the patch, apart from the still slightly frustrating Battlemaster Bags. There is also the codex unlocks and datacrons (and if you follow a guide your setting yourself up to get burned fast anyway)

Battles on Illum is pretty consistant, at least on my server they are pretty good and can last for hours on end. Might be blessed with a decent Illum balance at primetime though.

MMMO's will always be about the grind and its always the same. Raids, PvP, crafting or achievements/codex w/e else they might be calling it on other games
    Alright thank you for the answer. Is it easy to do the raids with random people?

Alright thank you for the answer. Is it easy to do the raids with random people?
    Well normal mode is like lfr in WoW so yeah. Hardmode is also puggable when you got some more gear (which you get from normals)

Normal mode is basically as entry level as you can get. Can do it in your leveling gear as soon as you hit 50. You can also do dailies on Illum where 1 gives you an epic enhancement with different stats to choose from. Belsavis dailies gets you a lvl 50 epic mod. Not sure where armoring comes daily wise, but you can buy them for 8 daily commendations each from Illum

Oh and @Chomag. If you dont like questing much, then this game is ofc not for you. From your post I get alot of spacebar action during voice overs

The abilities is exactly like wow now after the fix if you put the ability delay to 0.0 seconds, which I assume you did when you played? Also put on detargeting while clicking open environment and voila, you got the wow combat system :P
    Last edited by Sangomah; 2012-03-02 at 08:36 AM.

ohoj chill down mr rage kid. I am not arguing at all. I came here to ask what kind of things you can do at 50, like: do a quest to get epic weapon, get some rare mount or what ever. you need a doctor
    Can I say you need a doctor because you didn't bother to search for what is coming in 1.2 and you can't be bothered to make your own decisions, instead you come make this flamebait of a thread? And then implying that I'm raging is just silly.

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 03:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    No, it's not. WoW's combat mechanics were interesting. Swtor's ones don't have that something, that magic touch that makes them fun. Yes, strictly mechanic-wise they seem similar but they're not. I guess that's where the Blizzard developers' art at making games comes into play while the BW devs' don't have that skill.
    Heh. Personal Opinions are Personal Opinions. Welcome to real life.

Wait for the 1.2(1) patch to drop. I know many who are looking at 1.2 to come back; mostly because they are bored and need an excuse; but I would wait for the patch following 1.2

1.2 brings some needed changes to the game but we have more promise/believe/hype than we have concrete evidence of what that will be. We also do not know when. Currently I am hoping for a miracle patch.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: That is a decision you'll have to make for yourself, threads like this go off topic quickly. Feel free to go through many of the various threads here or externally to help with your decision.

Thread closed.