Thread: Want

Damn teasers ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Browser game? Hm Just found this
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219721p1.html

The browser-based Game of Thrones MMO will be developed at Artplant and built using Unity, similar to Bigpoint and Artplant's Battlestar Galactica Online. It is currently scheduled for a closed beta test in summer of 2012.

Not sure how I feel about a browser-based game... But I'll keep an eye on it for sure. I'm mainly excited for the RPG coming out soon though.

Deleted
    well the strategy game was weak.. ill remain optimistic though.

Browser doesn't promise too good, have never heard of the company that makes it, and the RTS wasn't something to cheer for. But I'm reading the book and going to watch the tv series after, so I guess I might as well keep an eye on it.

Norwegian MMO! Exciting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yay, another fantasy MMO...

Remember when all FPSs were WW2 games, thats what the MMO genre is now but with fanstasy games.

Game of Thrones is severely overrated, I don't know what the hoohah about it is all of a sudden. It is to fantasy genre what the Spartacus series are to historical genre: same old stuff with a dose of TITS AND JUPITER'S COCK (replace jupiter with medieval). Since you can't very well UNF UNF UNF UNF UNF in an MMO, I don't see how Game of Thrones Online would stand out from the rest of the crowd.

Of course it could be a browser-based, medieval-themed sex sim...
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

I don't see how you can incorporate into an mmo what makes Game of Thrones special.

It really is an IP, like Dune, that should have been left as books (or movies if done right).

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never have problems with browser based games, I loved RuneScape for years (until like 2007 when they ruined the game QQ), but I can't see any situation where this game won't be 100% terrible. To be good I actually think you need to throw money at it, since politics is a huge deal you want the story to be great and storytelling to be great. Otherwise you'll have another terrible fantasy-MMO running around slaying mobs.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    Of course it could be a browser-based, medieval-themed sex sim...
    Hmm... you may be on to something there...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".