Resto druid gearing question!!

Hello everyone,

I need some help gearing my resto druid. Currently, I am using 4 pieces of T13 resto gear with T13 balance helm, however, I dont think that's the best way to gear my druid. I was told that balance legs are the best offpiece. But I've noticed a lot of the top ranked druids are all either wearing 5 pieces T13 resto OR 4 pieces T13 with T13 balance gloves/VP gloves.

EDIT: My question is which is the best/correct way of gearing?

Thanks ahead!
    Last edited by snugglewump; 2012-03-02 at 06:00 AM. Reason: left out the question i wanted to ask.

It's not going to make a noticeable difference, but theoretically the best offset is one that allows you to switch from a set piece without mastery to an offset piece with mastery. And that would be the robes.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though, the difference is really not very significant.

I'd argue the best offset would be gloves, since moonkin gloves provide a red socket while resto gloves give a blue, thus allowing for 10 more int. They also provide haste instead of spirit, allowing for more reforging elsewhere.

If u have access to t12 hc will be nice .

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...acwin/advanced
    Plan to switch t13 heroic when i get 3 set keeping t12 hc 2 set bonus .

The top druids are using t13 heroic but before pre nerf and progression all were t12 4 set 6/8 hc .. then went 3set t13 hc but i have seen some druids madness kill Pre nerf still keeping t12 hc it's so awesome
    Last edited by nooty; 2012-03-02 at 12:25 PM.

"Most" people are either using the balance gloves or legs as their offset, unless do full 5/5, but thats really not something you should aim for.
    Get the balance gloves for the red socket instead of a blue, aswell as balance gloves got haste/mastery and no spirit.

Happy healing!
    gallery . twitch . twitter

queue:

Deleted
    Yup, using the Boomkin gloves, no spirit, haste + Mastery + Red socket = win.

Do people feel that it would still be beneficial to use 4 pc t12 if 3 pcs are Heroic while still in a normal helm? Or just use 4set t13 norm?

Deleted
    Personally i made the switch asap, I obviously can't go back in time and re-evaluate the whole thing with a keeping T12 perspective. And tbh with the current (and future nerfs) it hardly matters, it's all been done both ways.

Tbh for resto Int is King, the set bonus on T13 is a bit meh, but in general more int is always better imho atleast.

It's probably quite close if only 3 pieces are 391. I've been hanging on to 4pc T12 since they are all 391, at least until we start seeing more heroic T13 tokens. Firebloom (T12 proc) is almost always ~4% of my total healing, which is pretty big, and the item level difference from 391 to 397 isn't large enough in my opinion. But with one piece being 378, I would say it might be better to just make the switch to T13.

Deleted
    Oh indeed, but the futher thru t13 content we get the less its safe to assume the person in question has heroic T12 items.

Besides, my intitial point of "it being all int based" still stands, I don't do theorycraft maths, but i bet quite a bit of gold that always taking the items with more int on is still a pretty safe way to go*, especially considering the DW Mace will be more of a boost than any other set bonus discussion for most ppl on most fights.

*excluding the DW mace, it's simply the only weapon to take.

There are no way that moonkin legs are your best offpiece as a resto druid. Moonkin legs have less intellect and less total secondary stats. To me going with gloves seems like the best options since you trade a blue socket for a red socket.

Awsm, thanks for the help