Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shendow View Post
    As stated in the post right before, the grip CD is 15, whereas tendons last 18 seconds, so if you kill it right before tendons, you will still have a grip.

So you guys say that it's not a good strat to deal with a grip during burn phase, I gues I will have to convince my RL to ajust it.

But as I said, timing is crucial, and sometimes the add does not stack/die as quickly as we need, and we find ourselves having to deal with a grip during burn phase anyway. We usually start the stacking right after a grip or a little before. Is that the right moment according to you guys?

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 02:03 PM ----------

Bump (1st page is flooded by topics being locked ><)

The grip comes once every 32 seconds and the burning tendon burn lasts 23 seconds technically, it's just pretty much unattackable for the first 4-5 seconds.

As long as you kill the Corruption less than 9 seconds before the tendon exposure you're fine.

Edit: Scrap that. Didn't realise 10 and 25 had different timers for Fiery Grip. Thought the only difference was 1 vs 3 grips.

In that case I have no idea how to handle it. I would imagine getting it low and let DoTs tick away and kill it during the start/middle of the tendon is probably really efficient.
    Last edited by Malefic; 2012-03-03 at 03:43 PM.

As i posted before, as the grip is inc have your algamation tank pick up the bloods, break the stun and have a non dotter get corruption low, then use your alg tank to kill it just before it casts during the tendon.

Thats really all there is to it, you could also do it with dots but we found that unreliable and they ended up dieing to early/late.

On 25 heroic we have 2 arcane mages and an sp on the grip on the 1st 2 plates. same people + an ele shaman on the 3rd just for safety since hp is reduced.

To avoid grip during tendon we simply leave the corruption on 400-500ish k or so and have it predoted by everyone when amalga thingie is about to explode. So it dies on its own during tendon. Worst case scenario now with the buff assign someone to keep an eye on its hp simply if its not going to die during tendon just cast 1-2 times on it shouldn't be to high anyway if its doted properly.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2012-03-03 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    Have your amalgamation tank kill the corruption doing tendon burn (make sure it's low beforehand), tank it near where it spawns till plate phase is over. Have a healer stand on the opposite side to prevent rolls (Deathwing doesn't roll if you have at least 1 person on each side). Once the phase is over just drag the new amalgamation up to the wall along the side (where there is no bloods floating).
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-03-03 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Edit: Scrap that. Didn't realise 10 and 25 had different timers for Fiery Grip. Thought the only difference was 1 vs 3 grips.

In that case I have no idea how to handle it. I would imagine getting it low and let DoTs tick away and kill it during the start/middle of the tendon is probably really efficient.
    Must admit, I had no idea 10mans had a different timer either. Was pretty damn confusing to see some people suggesting you kill it before the tendon - started to even worry I had missed something big. Thought I had missed some other tactic that people used to deal with the corruptions. D:

Anyhow, as mentioned above, the best way to deal with them to my knowledge is to get the channel started roughly at the same time as the 4th grip happens, break the grip leaving the corruption low (but not dead yet) and killing it as late in to the tendon phase as possible. In the best case scenario you kill it when there's less than 15 seconds left on the tendon, meaning the next cast happens after the tendon has closed already.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Deleted
    what we do on 25man is to time it correctly and dot it up right before the big add dies and lets dot finish it off during the tendon phase. that way you wont have to deal with a grip during the dps burn

Deleted
    when u soak the bloods with the amalgation the last grip before the tentacle dies should be over. then, depending on the hp, either dot the tentacle or let the tank finish it approximately 3-4sec after the tendon is vulnerable. u wont get any grips during the burn phase this way and everybody can fully dps the tendon.

1. wait with the amag and drag it in to reach 9 stacks a few seconds before a grip (tank watches grip timer). this will mean the melee finish the amag while the casters break the grip. next grip will come about 5 seconds before tendon burn ends. The corruption should be at low hp after this grip, if it is not you should have DPSed it more earlier or you can ask casters to dot it up.
    2. tanks/healers/anyone you want should kill the corruption when next stun timer is smaller than 8 second. this will reset the fiery grip timer back to full duration.