Will two grapich cards double your performance?

When i googled it it was about no. It helps the other monitor of what i did understand. But that was in 2007 did not find any 2012 serach.

So will two graphic cards double your performance ?

They will increase performance between 0% and about 80%, depending on the game. For more popular titles, it's probably closer to 60%, but you could look up individual SLI vs non-SLI benchmarks for your favorite games online

If they use SLI or CrossFire, i would say + 50% performance.
    Just two graphic cards without connection don't work together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like said above , no 2 graphic cards wont give you double the power, they will give a considerable upgrade over one single card but not double, I still say stay away from dual cards they can give you a real headache with some games due to lack off drivers or bugged configs, i personally prefer 1 single powerfull card.

10+ Year Old Account
    they are getting better, current gen scaling is 80% or higher, in fact scaling is near 100% in some cases, iirc Asus did a test with 580's and the 4 way SLI xpander for the R3 using crysis 2, 1 card got 30 fps, 2 cards got 60, 3 cards got 90 and 4 cards got 120,

so the scaling is good, certainly better then it used to be

A lot depends on the game, how well was it optimized for SLI/CrossFire also how close is it to be CPU bound rather then GPU bound.

For example lets say your playing Game X on a Geforce GTX 550. Lets say Game X really becomes CPU bound if you if you have a GTX 570 or better (ie 570 / 580 produce almost the exact same fps). You add a 2nd 550, you will not see it double your it will hit that point where its really got all it needs from a GPU and the FPS caps out.

Depending on how well it was optimized you can expect on average a 60% - 80% increase in frame rates.