Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Assign every of your healers to 3, resp. 4 fixed targets they have to heal during purple. No crosshealing and no AE heal is allowed.

We also struggled long with this boss, it was a piece of cake when we applied that strategy. With the 5% nerf now, it is really not hard, as most damage (except on the tank) on a single target comes from being fixated by the adds during black, and the 5% nerf mutliplies with the number of adds attacking your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nikotin View Post
    Seems to be fixed.
    What do you mean fixed? WOG gives stacks or Beacon gives stacks?

We had often had random explosions from the tank yesterday, maybe our pally isn't up on the fixes O_o
    (though at least one of the wipes was a new shadow priest trying to help and casting healing hymn XD)

In my opinion, see what happens if you try to two heal it. The fight is designed to be 2 healed, so often a third healer isn't really doing anything besides adding stacks quicker in purple phase. The most challenging throughput phase (red yellow black) can be healed through with two healers along with a tank 4pc and good coordination of raid CDs, so I don't really see why you even need a third healer.

For reference, this is what my raid does (I am the resto shaman)

Setup:

Tank - Feral Druid

Healers - Holy Pally, resto sham (you should run with holy pally disc priest)

Dps - Whatever really, anyone who can aoe well is good, casters have a slight disadvatange when the mana void comes down, but its no biggy

Oozes:
    Basically, We NEVER kill purple, and kill yellow all the time except when there is red and green, when we kill green.

black — blue — green — purple; can kill either black or green here, we usually kill green
    black — blue — green — red;
    black — blue — purple — yellow;
    black — green — red — yellow; The hardest part to heal, we usually get through it fine with a spirit link and a frenzied regeneration from our feral tank after the spirit link totem is gone
    black — purple — red — yellow; Many raids kill purple here, but we found it easier to just kill yellow and heal carefully with purple up
    blue — green — purple — yellow.

In my opinion this is a very fun fight to heal on heroic mode, as it requires some hectic throughput situations as well as careful healing selections. You actually have to think when you heal this, rather than just spam your aoe 'rotation' on most other fights. Fights which make you think are good, but unfortunately are few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritton View Post
    Honestly in my group we only kill purple in one combination.
    Looking at the possible combinations in heroic mode:

•black — blue — green — purple; Eliminating Purple is an option here, but will result in everyone taking mass damage from the adds and green since they have to spread out. Since they are spread, you cannot effectively AOE heal or DPS the adds. We kill Green / Black here depending on if we have adds up already
    •black — blue — green — red; Purple is not an option, obviously, we kill green.
    •black — blue — purple — yellow; In this situation kill purple results in twice as many adds as normal. This is possible to kill purple, but takes A LOT of DPS away from teh boss in order to control the adds. If you just kill Yellow and stack, kill the adds and don't over heal, this one is easy.
    •black — green — red — yellow; Again.. purple not an option, kill Green.
    •black — purple — red — yellow; This is the only one that we kill purple on
    •blue — green — purple — yellow. Killing Purple here would result in very fast damage to every ranged player in the raid. Since you can't stack to heal through it, its a lot of hard to heal damage. Kill Yellow here. The damage from a green without yellow is very easy to heal through.

Honestly.. I would recommend just having your healers practice more. Assign the healers to specific people to avoid over-heals. Make sure they are familiar with which abilities of theirs trigger the debuff, and which don't.
    This is exactly how our guild dose it with relative ease. I know our dk tank has an addon as well that will say which ooze is the betrto kill each time for raid finder / normal / heroic and even some tips to make it through the phase. I'm sorry I don't recall its name however.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've got 2 great healers, but frankly they struggle when we need to leave crazy healing combinations up, trust me, purple takes a little practice, but if far easier once you get it!

Also, if it's possible, i'd use 2 healers rather than 3, i also feel we've got pretty great DPS also, but when we've got black+yellow up, we often need to tear our rogue off the boss to kill the NEXT target ooze, since it takes the rest of us ages to get 2 waves of adds down.
    I've also heard that the enrage can be tough on yor', but i don't know we've never had that issue :P

It's all about the communication, and a good set of raid frames on which stacks of deep corruption, and the duration of the debuff is easily tracked.
    As far as i can tell, our druid kinda relaxes, and spot-heals using nourish and healing touch, as well as putting rejuv on our hunter's pet, followed by a swiftmend, so the group can be affected by efflorescence without stacking us up.
    Our holy paladin sticks to spot healing with divine light, as well as building up holy power using beacon (builds no stacks) by spamming heals on our hunter's pet, then uses the holy power on word of glories, as these will not apply stacks either.

Apart from that, they'll freely heal up to 3 stacks, then chill, if someone need's an extra heal, one of our healers will call out on vent, before healing the target up to 4 stacks, at which point, we hope they don't die

Sorry for the wall of text here, but after finding this and getting my raid group to read over it, deep corruption became completely easy to handle for us

Druid
    Leader of the Pack gives no stacks (Feral Spec).
    Savage Defense gives no stacks.
    Frenzied Regeneration gives no stacks, even with Item - Druid T13 Feral 4P Bonus (Frenzied Regeneration and Stampede).
    Swiftmend gives 1 stack, but Efflorescence gives no stacks.
    Rejuvenation gives 1 stack for the initial cast only, not for ticks.
    Wild Growth gives 1 stack per person healed.
    Lifebloom gives 1 stack per cast, no stacks for Bloom instant heal, no stacks for ticks and no extra stacks when lengthened by Healing Touch/Regrowth/ Nourish with Empowered Touch talented (although the heal used to extend it will add a stack).
    Tranquility gives 1 stack per tick. (Raid Wiper!)

Paladin
    Heals received via Beacon of Light give no stacks.
    Guardian of Ancient Kings gives no stacks.
    Lay on Hands gives no stacks.
    Word of Glory gives no stacks.
    Divine Storm gives no stacks.
    Divine Shield does not clear stacks, and does not prevent further stacks from being generated.
    Holy Radiance gives 1 stack per person healed, HoT ticks do not add stacks.
    Light of Dawn gives 1 stack per person healed.

Priest
    Desperate Prayer gives no stacks.
    Echo of Light gives no stacks (Holy Priest Mastery).
    Guardian Spirit gives no stacks.
    Prayer of Mending gives no stacks.
    Vampiric Embrace gives no stacks (Shadow Spec).
    Power Word: Barrier gives no stacks.
    Divine Aegis gives no stacks.
    Devouring Plague gives no stacks.
    Holy Word: Serenity gives 1 stack.
    Prayer of Healing gives 1 stack.
    Lightwell gives 1 stack per click (not per tick).
    Penance gives 1 stack per channel (not per tick).
    Power Word: Shield gives 1 stack, even without Glyph of Power Word: Shield.
    Binding Heal gives 1 stack to the target and 1 stack to the caster.
    Circle of Healing gives 1 stack per target healed.
    Holy Word: Sanctuary gives 1 stack, and 1 extra stack each time a player leaves and re-enters the AoE heal.
    Renew gives 1 stack for initial cast only, no stacks for ticks and no extra stacks when lengthened by Serenity Chakra (although the direct heal used to extend it will add a stack).
    Holy Nova gives 1 stack per person healed.
    Atonement gives 1 stack per heal, including 1 stack per tick of Holy Fire (Raid Wiper!).
    Divine Hymn gives 1 stack per tick. (Raid Wiper!)

Shaman
    Earth Shield gives no stacks.
    Healing Stream Totem gives no stacks.
    Spirit Link Totem gives no stacks.
    Heals from Feral Spirit give no stacks.
    Stoneclaw Totem with Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem gives no stacks.
    Earthliving Weapon gives no stacks, although Unleash Life will give 1 stack.
    Chain Heal gives 1 stack per person healed.
    Healing Rain gives 1 stack, and 1 extra stack each time a player leaves and re-enters the AoE heal.
    Riptide gives 1 stack for the initial cast, not for ticks.

Death Knight
    Death Strike and Blood Shield (Blood DK Mastery) give no stacks.
    Death Pact gives no stacks.
    Rune Tap gives no stacks, even with Glyph of Rune Tap.
    Blood Parasite gives no stacks.

Hunter
    Chimera Shot gives no stacks.
    Spirit Mend gives 1 stack on initial cast, not for ticks

Mage
    Evocation with Glyph of Evocation gives no stacks.
    Mana Shield gives no stacks.
    Mage Ward gives no stacks.
    Ice Block does not clear stacks.

Rogue
    Recuperate gives no stacks.

Warlock
    Healthstone gives no stacks.
    Drain Life gives no stacks.
    Fel Armor gives no stacks.
    Death Coil gives no stacks.

Warrior
    Enraged Regeneration gives no stacks.
    Blood Craze gives no stacks.
    Victory Rush with Impending Victory gives no stacks.

Other
    ALL trinket procs, weapon procs and set bonuses generate no stacks.
    Grounded Plasma Shield (Engineering Tinker) gives no stacks.
    Mythical Healing Potion, and other health potions give no stacks.
    Dense Embersilk Bandage, and other bandages give no stacks.
    Gift of the Naaru (Draenei Racial) gives 1 stack on initial cast, not for ticks.

Taking no credit for the above info, all credit goes to jjanchan of wowhead.com
    Last edited by Kaga; 2012-03-03 at 03:01 PM.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

purple is by far one of the easiest slimes too keep up.
    N

Quote Originally Posted by Lorre View Post
    Holy going disc and shielding (Remove glyph as it counts for a stack) helps quite alot for purple phase.
    shield gives a stack with or without the glyph.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.