Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Best part about LoL. If you aren't playing the game exactly like everyone thinks you should, you're wrong.

Doesn't matter how well you do. Good luck playing outside the meta. Laning Rammus is fine, btw. Unless you're playing at the highest level, it shouldn't matter.

I miss the days before season 1 .. Where the AD carry would be mid, no questions asked! And no one knew what jungle was! Everybody just ran to the lanes and had FUN .. Not playing with the current meta game, where, if you stray from the path, thou shall perish in the flames of hate!

Quote Originally Posted by Xelius View Post
    I miss the days before season 1 .. Where the AD carry would be mid, no questions asked! And no one knew what jungle was! Everybody just ran to the lanes and had FUN .. Not playing with the current meta game, where, if you stray from the path, thou shall perish in the flames of hate!
    the gold old days where I thought ashe HAD to be mid and was overpowered with these long range arrows (I managed to catch them all!) and I didn't know how to use the zonyah's ring and was the only one on my team who kept dying to karthus ult although I had the ring

being a noob was so innocent...

people used to mock for jungling period. i did nothing but warwick jungle from beta onward. eeeeveryone cried every time that i was forcing a lane to solo. people cried about it in dota allstars too.

basically do what you want, jungle would still have a stigma if not for professional tournaments.

"meta game" talk is for the pros basically. it reminds me of the tekken/sf scene where people talk about tier lists and a korean player shows up to the regional tournament and makes everyone look like soccer moms who never held a joystick in their life with a D tier character.
    Last edited by Gentlepenguin; 2012-03-05 at 01:06 PM.

Can you lane Rammus? Sure. Is it ideal? Not even close.

Rammus loses all of his early game power if you don't jungle him. With Power ball and taunt he's got some exceptional ganks, something you can't pull off well if you are laning. He needs some farm, so you can't place him bottom as a support, and he can't mid vs an ap so if you lane him he'd have to be solo top, and he's just not going to outclass any of the strong top champions.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Quote Originally Posted by Makoblade View Post
    Can you lane Rammus? Sure. Is it ideal? Not even close.

Rammus loses all of his early game power if you don't jungle him. With Power ball and taunt he's got some exceptional ganks, something you can't pull off well if you are laning. He needs some farm, so you can't place him bottom as a support, and he can't mid vs an ap so if you lane him he'd have to be solo top, and he's just not going to outclass any of the strong top champions.
    Well, I usually go bot with a good carry, and stack a Philosopher's and a HoG pretty quick to help with gold. But with Flash, I can get in with a powerball, then taunt+DBC, and if my carry is any good, I usually end up with an assist at level 3-4. With DBC and Armor and MR runes, and Fortitude quints, I can actually get into the minion pile and get some last hits without being in much danger. Philosopher's, health potions, and heal ftw.

Recently i was forced into the role of solo top rammus in a ranked game i had first picked said i woudl jungle and picked rammus then along comes pick #3 and the dudde insta locks maokai grabs smite n jsut says i junlge over and over in the end i gave up reasoning with him set up for solo top and did surprisingly well theres nothing like taunting a tower diving nocturn then running him right upto the tower makign him flash out only to die from your ignite. So in some ways it is viable it's jsut he does well in the jungle too and people like to have tanky jungles with bruiser champs top atm the meta is allways changing it wasn't that long ago that tanks were allways solo top and assasins were in the jungle
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Well, I usually go bot with a good carry, and stack a Philosopher's and a HoG pretty quick to help with gold. But with Flash, I can get in with a powerball, then taunt+DBC, and if my carry is any good, I usually end up with an assist at level 3-4. With DBC and Armor and MR runes, and Fortitude quints, I can actually get into the minion pile and get some last hits without being in much danger. Philosopher's, health potions, and heal ftw.
    If you're jungling him, you'll be getting the same result except you can have a support/non-item reliant character getting the experience while you're in the jungle getting your own supply of gold & exp. The general message is just laning Rammus is a waste of his potential and he does much better in jungle. Try Leona if you want to lane. Same premise of Rammus in lane except she executes it much better.

I had an argument with someone about Jungle Cass the other day on this same premise. Rammus can lane really easily and isn't a bad laner, he's just 10000000x better in the jungle. Cass can jungle, but she's 10000000000x better in a lane. It's like when you see a Shaco laning.. if there's a jungler already then I never play Shaco... unless I'm troll AP/Counter Jungle Shaco.

I am afraid lol(and kind of these forums) community are full of wanna be pros, they only accept the pros standard of play and do not understand how hugely different solo and team play is different, in an un-organised team , rammus is a great laner, especially vs a AD heavy auto attack based champion and team due to his passive, however people cannot look past the fact that he is played mainly as a jungler by top teams and thus will scorn you for laning as him, even though his cc makes him a g threat especially in solo que.

So yes play him as much as you want and let the haters hate. O ya teemo is a troll pick, but just watch TheRainMan play him

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Try Leona if you want to lane. Same premise of Rammus in lane except she executes it much better.
    Totally. Much better kit in lane for Leona too.

Hmm. Two recommendations. Might try Leona. I just had my heart in Rammus since I played him from the start since he was so indestructible. Even got the Molten skin. But maybe it's time to expand.

Pesonally i would probably be sceptical to someone in my team going lane rammus (You didnt say what lane you are going?)
    But I'll assume your going some sort of supportish (Later on, you will only get into normal/ranked games where everyone follows the meta
    Tanky top
    bruiser jungle
    top5 AP carries mid
    ad carry+support bot

But as people before me has pointed out; jungle rammus is the one of the best junglers out there, he lacks potention to farm (hes not the best "farmed" champ either)
    And in jungle, he's ganks are so good(argueable the best ganker atm) ;
    Goes in with insane movement speed and slows (600ish speed and 50% slow?)
    Taunts for 2 seconds (on average)
    Tanks towerdives (enables easy kills in mid when their carry is low and hugging the tower).

If you got any more questions im more than willing to respond!

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Hmm. Two recommendations. Might try Leona. I just had my heart in Rammus since I played him from the start since he was so indestructible. Even got the Molten skin. But maybe it's time to expand.
    Leona is very good if the team supports her. She has 2 stuns and AOE snare. Tough, of course. But she also can farm in the lane a lot easier (&safer) than Rammus. Great in bot with a strong carry. When Leona engages in bot, it's a kill more often than not.

If you want to play a tank role but do so in lane, Leona is pretty darn fun. Singed too but requires a bit more skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Leona is very good if the team supports her. She has 2 stuns and AOE snare. Tough, of course. But she also can farm in the lane a lot easier (&safer) than Rammus. Great in bot with a strong carry. When Leona engages in bot, it's a kill more often than not.

If you want to play a tank role but do so in lane, Leona is pretty darn fun. Singed too but requires a bit more skill.
    Nautullus is acully stronger than Leona in terms of bot lane support/tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    I am afraid lol(and kind of these forums) community are full of wanna be pros, they only accept the pros standard of play and do not understand how hugely different solo and team play is different, in an un-organised team , rammus is a great laner, especially vs a AD heavy auto attack based champion and team due to his passive, however people cannot look past the fact that he is played mainly as a jungler by top teams and thus will scorn you for laning as him, even though his cc makes him a g threat especially in solo que.

So yes play him as much as you want and let the haters hate. O ya teemo is a troll pick, but just watch TheRainMan play him
    I'm afraid the LoL (and kind of these forums) community are full of inadequate players who scream "play what you want man it dont matter at all." OP was wondering whether lane Rammus is good. Lane Rammus can work. A lot of unconventional and less than optimal things can work in solo que with shitty and unorganized players. The point is that he's still a better jungler. This isn't about us being pros or not, Rammus is a better jungler than he is a laner and by laning him you're wasting part of his potential.

Teemo isn't a troll pick. He is a situational character who can counter certain champs and win specific matchups with his blind, shrooms, and kiting ability. TRM doesn't play Teemo much anymore.

@ OP. You have to branch out eventually. I started LoL with the mindset I was going to play Ashe till lvl 30 since I love the female archer character types. Bought her Frejilord skin and was ready to roll. I got to like lvl 16 before I began branching out and falling in love with different characters.

I prefer Leona over Nautilus. More reliable engage & lockdown. Plus her early game damage is actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by kinkey View Post
    Nautullus is acully stronger than Leona in terms of bot lane support/tank.
    I haven't played him yet. :s

All the Nauts I saw were horrible lol.

The reason for this is mostly due to people being stuck in the meta, and until a pro player decides that laning Rammus is amazing, it will continue to be this way. But the real reason, the reason most of those bitching don't actually understand, is that he is just a waste to have out of the jungle. Power ball and taunt are INSANELY good ganking tools that provide much more to the team when you are a jungler ganking lanes. Not to mention, he's rather mana hungry early on, and blue buff is almost a must.

So basically continue as normal and ignore those who complain, find another hero as you seem to be doing, or learn to jungle.