Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    They pretty much do the same thing a therapist does.

Tell you vague and indistinguishable answers that you already know, with just a hint of positivity so that you'll show up again for next month's session.
    This is really nothing new. Devs have been talking like this for years. The major reason for this is that anything they say, and I do mean ANYTHING, becomes gospel. Gamers take anything said in a concrete manner to be absolute. When things don't pan out as planned, devs get crucified for going against their "word."

If they say nothing, people say they don't care. If they talk, people say that they are pandering and overly generic.

Devs are in a lose-lose situation in terms of community communication and interaction. This isn't a defense of BW specifically. Take a look at the way in which WoW's blues get treated as well.

I rather like these Q&As. Mailbox and the GTN on my ships? Yes, please. Bioware doesn't have to tell us anything if they don't want to. They're doing it in good faith that at least some players will be excited. Frankly, some people will never be happy. Bioware could say Monday they're giving all players who are currently subscribed another free month and people will still find something to whine about. SWTOR could even go free to play by the end of the year (which I doubt) and people will whine about that. A rich person like Warren Buffet or Bill Gates could hand out a million dollars to everyone tomorrow and people will still whine about that even if there are no strings attached. There's always something. If you hate the Q&As, then stop reading them. They're a nice bonus at the end of each week. It's due to people complaining that made Blizzard withdraw from telling the players anything, and when they do, they get a lot of backlash for it. Look at what happened with Ghostcrawler. Guy spent his time on the forums trying to explain things to the players and keep in touch with us. All the whiners chased him into a closet and now we're lucky to be told anything outside of a blog or the odd post that Zarhym, etc may misquote or misunderstand. I personally hope Bioware keeps up with this. It keeps things interesting and it's nice to know what they're working on. WoW's gotten so boring and we hardly learn anything new anymore unless there's a press release or the PTR is about to go up.

As for the moddable gear, Bioware said last week there were 4 pages of changes to crafting professions. All we know is that we're getting new schematics (crystals, etc), orange gear is now crittable with an augment slot, and all professions should be endgame worthy. Beyond that, we know nothing. How do we know they won't give us the schematics that resemble the endgame gear? How do we know many of the new schematics won't be moddable gear? How do we know existing craftable green gear won't be turned into moddable gear? How do we know augment slots won't be addable to non-craftable gear? The sky is falling mentality gets old rather quickly. -.- This is no different that people arguing over the whole MoP thing with WoW right now. Until something is announced or on the PTS, we know nothing. Things are always in flux until they're released, and even then they can change. Don't assume. It only makes an ass of u and me. (And yes, I wrote you intentionally as u.)

I am not a fan of GTN on my ship. Not at all. As for mail, I am all for mail that doesn't contain items passing to my ship. Takes the suspension of disbelief a bit too far to have packages magically show up in my ships mailbox. Now if they only arrived when I was at a planet/fleet then it wouldn't be that obnoxious. However, no way to GTN. What will be my reason to ever set foot on fleet? A chance to spend commendations, train a skill or two? It simply leads to even less interaction with other players and we suffer from this lack already.

Good to see they will finally fix the friends list. I just wonder how long my account will be inactive between the time running out and 1.2 There does not seem to be any hint as to when. With GW2 beta and such coming I doubt many of those I know waiting on 1.2 are going to come back. It needs to be soon.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Looks like 1.2 will make or break this game for a lot of people. My only question, since game start in fact, has been - LEGACY DETAILS! WHERE ARE THEY!?

I'm glad that they are doing this Q&A session every week but the constant "See patch 1.2" as the go to answer is getting a little tedious.

Something people are totally missing: the only craftable orange slots are chest, helm and legs. At the moment, you're only looking at an extra 84 stats.

There are no patterns to make orange gloves, belts, boots, bracers or weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by BeingRepressed View Post
    Something people are totally missing: the only craftable orange slots are chest, helm and legs. At the moment, you're only looking at an extra 84 stats.

Except BW said they are adding more crafting stuff in. We have no idea what they will be putting in.

I think its safe to assume that in SWTOR... Crafting will be king. (so long as you can raid/pvp for t4.)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Personally I would be happy if the patch didn't come out till April. This is a huge patch, huge.. They have just recently started taking applications to test this patch from lvl 50 players which is a smart thing. Hell anyone can see the obvious benefits of letting the community ravenously test content the way only they can. My concern is that there simply isnt enough time left in this month to give this patch the test run it needs. They really need to knock this one out of the park. Its going to add a LOT of highly anticipated features and content and simply can not afford to be rushed.

That said regardless of what it does or doesn't do it wont be enough for everyone and that's fine. However, if they do the job they need to do they WILL gain players that are on the fence as well as some who have stepped away for a bit. I just wish those that have decided it was not for them would just drop it already. I really dont understand the fascination with endlessly bashing something you have found is not for you but then I often forget we are dealing with less than mature individuals in most of these cases.

Deleted
    They will likely add other craftable orange pieces to make complete sets. I'm looking forward to it, but having crafted gear be completely superior to dropped gear due to augments is going a bit overboard. I'd rather have them equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    no news about server transfers? anyone on PTR with some updates maybe?

There are patterns for orange weapons, for an armstech. Only available at 400 though. And while there may be no recipes for orange belts, gloves or boots, there are some in existence, so it wouldn't be a stretch to think that they might be added in later as recipes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    [...]
    Less important:
    - Grey alignments are getting gear some day in the hopefully near future
    [...]
    I was one of those who asked this question and I consider it fairly important from a roleplaying (the RP in MMORPG) part for secular (read: non-Force user) class. I hope near future is close enough.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    no news about server transfers? anyone on PTR with some updates maybe?
    According to an earlier post, server transfers are scheduled for late April.