30 28.85%
  • Skyrim

53 50.96%
  • Other

20 19.23%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    LoL is free is its worth investigating and giving a try (League of Legends)

As for MW3, I can't really give any good news about that.. all my friends complain about it and say its MW2 and have all sold it now so..

SC2, its a good game and worth having.. Though the only major enjoyment i get out of that is 2v2/3v3 with friends

Skyrim... Is amazing.

Starcraft 2 has a free trial. I suggest you give it a try before buying it, the multiplayer isn't for everyone (if you suck at it like I do).

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you are looking for a fun fast paced game to get into I would suggest Tribes Ascend. It is F2P, currently in open beta. I am not one for FPS' at all, (haven't really played many since UT2004) but I am finding the game to be amazingly fun. And being F2P even if for some reason you don't like it you aren't out anything, and can go on to buy one of those games you listed.

Video is early closed beta, a lot has changed since this video
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2012-03-03 at 07:28 PM.

Really no way to say either of the 3 is better as all 3 are different games. Its 100% personal tastes, and as we dont know yours, your going to have to pick on your own. All 3 are good games, and there are many other good games out there besides the ones u listed. So again its up 2 u.

Stay away from MW3. The oh so revolutionary lag compensation is atrocious. It literally punishes people with amazing latency and factors in "lag" for those people so that the lower latency people have a chance at you. This however leads to abuse as many people now flood their latency and then close it just as the game beginning giving them that "zero" lag by cheating the compensation system. The second issue with the game is the auto aiming. Its by far THE worse auto aim feature in any FPS to date. Literally you can be rounding a corner and that guy hidden around said corner, well his cursor begins to move. Then BAM! shot to the face. Thats just from a newbie perspective. From an intermeddiate player perspective the auto aim screws me up. When Im targetting a group of 2 people it always screws up the auto aim. Here is the scenario that I keep getting killed in. 2 guys clustered up. 1 has his weapon drawn the other is doing something else not paying attention. Im aiming down the sight on the guy with his weapon drawn and starting to aim at me....well the auto aim just aimed at the guy derping it up in the corner and thus moving my cross hair and getting me killed. The third issue is that as with MW2 in MW3 the shotgun range is ridiculous. Literally standing 30 feet away is enough for a shotgun to 1 shot kill you and thats on NORMAL mode not hardcore. The most notorious are the striker spammers.

A nice little video explaining lag compensation for all the wannabe elites that call everyone bad for not liking MW3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=reNPK8XD-k4

Just stay away from the game. Multiplayer is atrocious and the campaign is garbage. Nothing and I mean nothing can prepare you for the lameness that is MW3 Multiplayer.

AFTER 3 hours or so that I originally posted this message I decided to test lag compensation and how to break it so I can be on an even playing field with others that are doing it and those that get compensated positively....4-5 youtube pages up and downloading information and removing the explorer page at 1 sec left before match begins is how you do it......now ask yourself, IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO ALL THE TIME TO BE ON AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD?
    Last edited by Zechs-cenarius; 2012-03-04 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim. Trust me you won't regret it.

Would say sc2 with skyrim as second(although as a sc2 player since the release it's kinda a bias)
    Sc2 relies on it's multiplayer but that's not all about the 1v1s 2v2s etc. There are a decent amount of people who have it for the custom games and there are alot of those games that are fun. If u like playing online vs people and with friends or with people u will meet in sc2 it's a good investment. And besides that there is a huge community with people that love 2 teach and cast sc2. And ofcourse it's the biggest e-sport right now.
    I didn't like skyrim myselve but then again I don't like normal rpgs at all so stoped playing 20 hours after I got it. But alot of people like it cause it's a good rpg.
    As for MW3 I never liked cod and prefer battlefield wich feels a bit btr as a shoot although it never will be an unreal tournament wich I loved.

skyrim for sure.
    then get kingdoms of amalur.
    Get dead island.
    Get borderlands(full pack on steam like 20 bucks)
    Mass effect 3 in... about a week!...oh yes.
    and rent and play through rage at least once. great renter.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    SC2 gets boring fast, and if you play multiplayer once you get into higher ranks you will lose alot unless you stop treating it like a game and use guides etc and find every single detail about your race and strategies, and follow builds to the letter and not go off the plan by a single second, AKA not so much fun.

Skyrim is ton's of fun especially if you only play it every once in a while it lasts for a very long time, plus you can't beat the game anymore there will always be something to do so id definatly say you are getting your moneys worth.

MW3 is alot of fun, don't listen to all the people saying how bad it is, especially if they say something like "herp derp MW3 same as MW2" Yes it doesn't look as good as BF3, but it does look ALOT better than MW2, not to mention it uses a whole new engine, not upgraded engine, but completely new. and it honestly looks good graphically, again not as much as BF3 but it's fine for this day and age. Multiplayer is tons of fun, most people that don't like it are VERY bad and die alot or RAGE QUIT for various reasons. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this is you are getting it for the PC, it is filled with all kinds of bots and hacks etc, which is why Activision isn't really supporting it much on PC anymore.

I have SC2 and Skyrim. Not really a FPS fan and from what I've seen and heard about MW3, it's almost a clone of the past 3 games (I say almost because there are a few tweaks and changes).

SC2 is a good competitive game and probably one of the best RTS' on the market right now. If you're into being competitive or just like RTS', it's the way to go.

Skyrim you can't really compare. I've been an ES fan since Daggerfall so of course I enjoyed it. But the best way it's been described so far is it's a sandbox. You can't really judge it to be good/bad because you can play it in a plethora of different ways. I've personally logged almost 700 hours into it already and haven't even touched half the factions. The only time I would NOT recommend Skyrim is if you have a strong WoW mentality, ie; Carrot on a stick driven to maxing out character ASAP. If you do that, you'll be done with Skyrim in less than a day.

SKyrim is the best choice here, although I do not like it at all I think the combat is awful. From the looks of it, you like RPGs so that's the best way to go until tomorrow...and Mass effect 3 at midnight baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfPanzerkin View Post
    I have SC2 and Skyrim. Not really a FPS fan and from what I've seen and heard about MW3, it's almost a clone of the past 3 games (I say almost because there are a few tweaks and changes).
    This is incorrect, GOOD DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    This is incorrect, GOOD DAY!
    Usually backing up your argument with some sort of evidence helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post

I do not waste my time with petty arguments, i will tell people they are false when they are false, i am not a fanboy of any game but if someone says something that is false about a game i will point it out.

If you care so much about proof you would look it up yourself and see that i am right. but if not stop wasting your own time getting a hardon for wanting an argument about MW3 and find something better to do.

I SAID GOOD DAY!
    Last edited by MKing; 2012-03-04 at 06:50 PM.

BF3 = Reality Simulator Shooter
    Not even close to a reality Simulator shooter. Its a Vehicle Combat FPS nothing more.

He doesnt need to, Its not a clone simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    skyrim

FUS RO DAH!

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Skyrim is easily the best out of them. The other 2 are just mostly rehashes, so it may be better to buy SC1 and MW2 instead
    SC2 is as much of a rehash of SC1 as skyrim is of oblivion btw.

If you really want to pay full price, Kingdoms of Amalur > Skyrim IMO.
    If KoA didn't have a difficulty problem (i.e. a little TOO easy, even on the hardest mode) and they fixed the camera I'd put it as the best western RPG I've ever played.

I'd watch for cheap games on steam/origin and pick up some older games (like in the last year) you may have missed.

In the last few months I've bought
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Portal 2
    Dragon Age 2
    GTA IV
    Torchlight 2
    Burnout Paradise
    Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
    Bioshock 1 and 2

All of these together ran me about 60 bucks.

Saints Row 3 is 25 on Steam right now - another excellent title for a good price if you haven't played it.
    Last edited by Herrenos; 2012-03-05 at 03:17 AM.

If you want a multiplayer experience and a good action/rpg, id go with mass effect 3. The multiplayer co-op is fun as hell, played the beta a shit ton since the beta has been out.

For Xbox, Gotham City Imposters is a pretty fun COD like game but you also get some cool movement items like a glider pack,grapler, and ninja stealth bombs.
    Last edited by frogger237; 2012-03-05 at 03:32 AM.

I own all three, don't pick Modern Crapfare 3...my favorite online shooter was Counter-Strike, which you have listed, and a lot of that was because of the tactics...no it wasn't perfect, but this game is all about spawning in random as fuck positions behind your enemy and killing him. There are no tactics at all in the game, none, zlich, zero, nada. Crappy, crappy, crappy game, with minimal skill. The campaign was okay enough, though very short, but no one blows that much money for that.

Skyrim is a lot of fun. I haven't played in about a month now, I fully expect to return but I played every day for 4 or more hours for like a month and kinda burned myself out after hitting level 50 or so. If you have a decent screen/monitor, that game is worth it almost just for the exploration and visuals...so damn pretty.

Starcraft 2....well, you have a point about the whole asian thing, most people that are still playing matchups are playing it seriously and have been doing so for some time, even if they aren't world-class and are in the lower brackets, if they have enough games under their belt it's still going to take you awhile to catch up, as even if they are lacking in perfection most players have a pretty good idea of how to make effective builds, etc by now. That being said, you don't really have to play competitively at all, the campaign has a lot of replay value and beating it on the hardest setting forces you to play smartly and play correctly. There are lots of custom games, some of them are pretty good (desert strike is fun, I still play it), or you could play matchups against the computer...which, if you play fair, can be a challenge when learning the game.