Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Rogues aren't Ninja Enough

I believe Rogue aren't ninja enough, therefore we need an ability like shadowstep but that works like warrior heroic leap but gives us the ability to jump onto higher buildings. What do you think? Or any other useless ability that makes us look cool.

perma stealth
    a true ninjer

Deleted
    I would suggest a dodge mechanic without cooldown and that costs energy. The energy generation would be dubbled or the cost of the dodge ability would have to be low in order to maintain a decent battle. Of course, the player could also choose to dodge around for a long period, consuming all energy generated.

I would also like a couple of thrown weapon abilities with low costs that give stacking conditions on the target. This way you could "ninja" around throwing shuriken and stealthing away. And finally I would like to see a lesser stealth mode for combat with a low cooldown there you fade for a very short time, but long enough to perform an Ambush or a cool new stealth ability.

When this happens, Rogues will totally be ninjas.

Well, ya finally got smoke bomb, highly ninja-esque.

Maybe you could have an ability to drop caltrops on the ground, like a trap, to immobilize enemies in a small area for 2-3 seconds.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're more along the lines of assassins, not ninja.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Insideme View Post
    perma stealth
    a true ninjer
    Technically rogues do have perma-stealth. If you mean staying stealthed even while attacking then thats just honestly ridiculous. That would make them OP beyond measure, even more OP than they are now rather..

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiver View Post
    I believe Rogue aren't ninja enough,
    I disagree. We aren't ninja, thus we are pretty much the correct level of not ninja.

Have u ever seen a ninja runing around with pair of daggers ?

Quote Originally Posted by KarlZ View Post
    Have u ever seen a ninja runing around with pair of daggers ?
    if you have ever seen a ninja running around, he was a troll ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity16 View Post
    if you have ever seen a ninja running around, he was a troll ninja.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtR2m20C2YM

I agree rogues aren't ninja enough. We need to dress as farmers and merchants instead of like batman. Think of how op we would be if we would just dress like those non click able farmers in AB. Someone comes to cap and BAM my sickle just lobbed off his head. then back to unclickable background for more farming.

Agree! Give us a ability so we can need on plate and all other non-agility stuff, maybe with a limit per week, lets say..5 items?

if rogues were ninjas, the class would be called "Ninja"

rogues are a very mixed group composed of:

• assassins
    • thieves
    • street fighters
    • spies
    • ninjas

so, by the end of the day, rogues have enough ninja skills. many more and the other aspects of the roguekind would be overshadowed.

Since when were Rogues supposed to be based on "ninjas"? There's no need to playout a gimmick.

TIL Rogues are ninja's not Rogues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxii View Post
    Agree! Give us a ability so we can need on plate and all other non-agility stuff, maybe with a limit per week, lets say..5 items?
    Lol'd

OT: as others have said, rogues aren't ninjas. they are rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ninjas were Rogues, not the other way around.

That said, the "Rogue" class covers a lot of bases. If you want to be a Ninja, go Subtlety.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually have always thought about rogues getting an ability like that. It'd be cool to give them more of a ninja theme, rogues in general are considered agile and able to climb things (outside of warcraft, even)..I was hoping for something similar to heroic leap myself. but if you let them climb buildings or jump onto them..I'm not sure mechanically how that would fit into the game. but regardless..I'd hope for more ninja-like abilities. unfortunately i'm not too familiar with how blizzard invisions their rogues to be..but it's up to them to how they define the class. doesnt seem likely to happen to me. shadowstep is probably the closest ninja-type ability you'd get. or killing spree.
    Last edited by ancat; 2012-03-06 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Ninjas were Rogues, not the other way around.

That said, the "Rogue" class covers a lot of bases. If you want to be a Ninja, go Subtlety.
    this, except that both sub and assassination cover ninjas well, not just sub. sub is slightly better for it though, so it should be a ninja RPer's mainspec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues aren't ninjas.