Deleted

Best places for solo World PvP?

As a hunter i like hunting others, though it's pretty hard to find places, where you can 1on1 or 1on2 other good geared players (in World PvP!).

There are two places for me currently:
    - the whole Tol Barad region outside of the main battle
    - the spawning point in Blasted Lands where players get ported when they want to access Outland

The second place is fun, espically that some horde players spawn with their flying mounts there and think they can escape. Glyph of Concussive Shot is devastating vs flying mounts, it slows them down to 50% instead of only 225% - 246% what can be done with a normal concussive shot, that's a BIG difference. The glyph makes that place so much fun.

Maybe it's not fair, as I basically hit them like a rogue, unexpected and maybe even before their loading screen is gone. But hey, if I try to attack the few people that are PvP flagged in their duel areas, I'm killed like 10v1 each single time. No mercy for me bein brave and going there... lol ;-)

Anyway, where do you solo World PvP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp.

Because World PvP is about exploiting the fact that Blizzard aren't on hand to balance the sides, so roflstomping level 80s trying to get their 100 Wintergrasp wins achievement is lots of fun. Other places include just outside the Deeprun Tram portal, much like the Blasted Lands portal above.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Yeh but I'm rather into hunting lvl 85s... one shotting others isn't such a great satisfaction to me anyway.
    Best thing of course is when they fight back and you win a close encounter...

There is no World PvP. The only "world pvp" is high level player killing low level chars or full s11 pvp players killing blue/green/pvp people.

I never saw ganking where the attacker has any chance of dieing. World pvp is only played with unfair situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze. View Post
    There is no World PvP. The only "world pvp" is high level player killing low level chars or full s11 pvp players killing blue/green/pvp people.

I never saw ganking where the attacker has any chance of dieing. World pvp is only played with unfair situations.
    Pretty much sums it up. If you are waiting where people load in to go to outlands and killing them "before they finish loading in" you aren't doing it for the challenge. Might as well drop the pretense.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    as others have stated, world pvp is pretty much dead. I play on pvp server, NerZhul, and it is a rare occasion where pvp outside Tol Barad happens. Occasionally doing Firelands dailies, but even that has died to nothing now.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    some people still do the firelands dailies. lots of fun there, the flames and lava seem to increase the victims´ rage tremendously, never got more flamewispers than while ganking there.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a habit for people to do the PvP dailies in Grizzly Hills, that maybe a good area to sneak a kill or two. It also works for PvE realms, since the Venture Bay quests flag you for PvP.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    STV ( good old days ganking lowbies)

i regularly go to honor hold and gank the ally there with some guildies (im on frostmane horde)

feels good when i think of the grief the people playing those gay specs give me.

and i do the 2nd sopt you mentioned as well

Deleted
    Molten Front... It's completely.... MOBBED with folk running around, get some good World PvP there... and ALOT if you're on a PvP server.... like.... alot alot....

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    Molten Front... It's completely.... MOBBED with folk running around, get some good World PvP there... and ALOT if you're on a PvP server.... like.... alot alot....
    it used to be.....the first month or so it was mobbed and i killed so many people. me and my guild used to setup gank squads and then the alliance would set up counter gank squads...it was so much fun.

now its just abandoned or the only people there are alts so undergeared its not even worth killing them.

i still get some good kills in TB in between battles, particularly when the alliance controls the island and they are doing their farming there. i also enjoy killing people on the dark moon island. how dare they steal my wreckage nodes!
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

RAMKAHEN!!!! best place to do solo pvp.. on my rogue.

nothing is more fun than ganking bitches in ramkahen. DONT FORGET TO SAP THE GUARDS!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd tell you to come to Emerald Dream, but you're EU. =/
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Wintergrasp.

Because World PvP is about exploiting the fact that Blizzard aren't on hand to balance the sides, so roflstomping level 80s trying to get their 100 Wintergrasp wins achievement is lots of fun. Other places include just outside the Deeprun Tram portal, much like the Blasted Lands portal above.
    lvl 80s in WG? I only ever see lvl 85s camping in WG fortress killing every siege before it even reaches a wall. It's impossible to win if even 1 person of the other faction is there.

10+ Year Old Account
    We get the odd hunter or so with about 25kHP.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1