Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Same thing happened to me, at lvl 27 I got bored on my Sith Assassin until I respecced. Leveled him 5 more levels and decided, this character wasn't for me. I've played a rogue-ish style all of WoW. I think its time for something new, and while this is certainly new and not total copy of a Rogue its just too familiar while also completely different. So I played my Republic Jedi Sage for a while and am loving him at lvl 25 and my new Sith Warrior that I just started. So all it takes is a respeccing or maybe a different character and it can be improved by alot. The Sith Inquisitor story was good until I had to get ghost power which was a little farfetch'd for my tastes. I liked the fact my master was stuck in Khem'Val though, those sections of dialogue were hilarious.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiar View Post
    I want to like this game, I really do.

but everytime i get to 28 i stop playing.

been a week now, everytime i log on them i kill something and just get stupidly bored of it and log out.

could it be the class that I picked to play?

I'd like to pvp, but pubs seem to win everytime.
    Nah, it gets tiring when you feel as if you have to cross vast distances to do something only to have to go all the way back to advance the quest line. Worse most of them just feel as if your doing anything. Combat just isn't fun. Too many lackluster abilities compounded by an unfriendly interface and not fun combat. I am trudging through it for the stories but damn... I spend over a third of my time just going from and too (time it, its depressing)
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiar View Post
    I want to like this game, I really do.

but everytime i get to 28 i stop playing.

been a week now, everytime i log on them i kill something and just get stupidly bored of it and log out.

could it be the class that I picked to play?

I'd like to pvp, but pubs seem to win everytime.
    Space daily and pvp for a few levels. You'll get rank, valor, ship comms and exp. Get to lvl 30-32ish, blow alderaan away and finish chapter 1.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Feeling the same thing. I'm up to 36 i think, the story just got alot more boring for my commando. And to me the story is all. I just played the D3 beta, i can't wait for the real thing to come out. Anyway there are other games i'm pursuing now.

Just try slogging through til 40-ish, then the planets get much much nicer. Belsavis, Corellia & Voss have the level 30-40 planets beat, hands-down.

Quote Originally Posted by atrixx View Post
    I'm treating the game like other BioWare RPGs. The multiplayer aspect just isn't all the well developed right now. So it falls back on the questing/storyline game play. From that perspective it is amazing, but going through the same typical MMO quests gets old quick. I love my Inquisitor, but just can't get another character leveled since once you get away from class specific stuff it gets boring quick.
    Treating the game like its KOTOR 3 that can have some interaction with ppl is the best way to look at it imo. The mmo side of the game can miss the boat depending on the server and faction you picked. As far as lvling additional toons I know I skipped tons of quest chains purposely to make sure there were new things to do if I made other toons.

Dont force yourself to play if you dont like it and keep trying to force it then it will only get worse. Mybe you just haven't found parts of the game you like yet, but this might not be the game for you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I think that this is not the game for you m8.
    You always can try another char, but i don't think that this will be different for you

10+ Year Old Account
    I am struggling with the same issue. All of my characters are stuck at 20 and I just can't seem to commit myself to moving past it so far. I don't know if it is the time commitment required or the week I lost from being so sick but...I just haven't gotten back into it yet.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That first city in Alderaan is solid buzzkill. The designers really overcompensated for the new speeder skill. It wasn't too bad on Tatooine, but I believe they were going easy on players because many would not be able to save up enough for the speeder skill until they were almost ready to leave. But Alderaan had no redeeming gameplay. The beautiful graphics do nothing for the fact that the quests are garbage, and you're left with a 5+ minute trip just to get to your quest area if you like to log off in a rest area (as many of us do).

Level up with PvP, Space Combat, and Daily flashpoints; power through your class questline once you're 33-34; and get the hell away from there. Taris is ugly as sin, but the quests bring back the fun story and gameplay.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Nah, it gets tiring when you feel as if you have to cross vast distances to do something only to have to go all the way back to advance the quest line. Worse most of them just feel as if your doing anything. Combat just isn't fun. Too many lackluster abilities compounded by an unfriendly interface and not fun combat. I am trudging through it for the stories but damn... I spend over a third of my time just going from and too (time it, its depressing)
    The game rewards playing smart with your time and planning routes to/from quest objectives. Take every quest you come across. By the time you finish questing in an area, your Quick Travel is usually off cooldown and you can go turn them all in. Rinse and repeat.

This doesn't apply to heroic quests, obviously. If you save those in your log until you're nearly done with a planet (finished your class quest) you can do them all at once and head out, or skip them completely. Once you get a rhythm going it's no big deal.

Otherwise, yes, there is a lot of travel. Planets are big. That's a good thing, believe it or not.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    If the story isn't getting you hooked, I don't know what will. Maybe it just isn't the game for you...
    The story in SWTOR is the weakest of all Bioware games with possible exception of Neverwinter Nights.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Ah, the Alderaan wall. I'm familiar with it, and the havoc it can bring on your leveling progress. Hit in on my Gunslinger and stopped playing for two weeks. Hit it on my Sorc and IA, and then just deleted the damn things. Hit on my Warrior, but by this point knew my enemy for what it was and just pushed through it. Something about that stupid planet just makes me want to shove a hot poker through my eye/log off and never log back in. My Mercenary had been on Ald for about 3 weeks, just standing around begging me to progress her story line, and so far I just can't bring myself to do it. I will, eventually, and she'll be my 3rd 50, but for now I just can't.

My advice is to just take a deep breath, plot through that and Taris as fast as possible, then relax as the game picks back up.

Deleted
    You sound like you are in the stage where what you want and what is cannot co exist. You want to love the game but you simply dont

I have it happen to me all the time if i see a movie that is super highly rated, and people i generally respect and like are in it. I am suppose to like it, afterall director A, actor B and writer C did it. Inception was that latest movie for me, i simply have to accept that i dont like it, despite the fact that millions adore it

Deleted
    And why can't i keep playing DRIV3R?

Wow = game
    Driver 3 = game

Everytime a player quits/stops playing wow = threads (alot of them if 1mil people do it at the same time)
    Everytime a player quits/stops playing Driver 3 = Not a single shit was given that day.

People forget these things are just games.

Same place, after logging over 350 Hours on SWTOR, I can't find myself leveling another toon, got to about mid 28s...

This game hit the same endgame as WoW did for me except at a much quicker pace. Not much to do after Full Rakata Gear.

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

10+ Year Old Account
    what Alka said.
    got to 50, raided 2-3 days / week, very casual.
    got 'bis' gear.
    did daily quests for... not sure for what.
    pvp...
    then tried to start a new toon.
    never gonna happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason most get bored of this game so quick is because most are used to WoW and everything you can do in the game,yea yea i know "WoW is 2ez and recycled content is for the lulz"...well its still the most played mmo and with MoP on the horizon its going to remain that way for year(s) to come.Do yourself a favor and just drop your SWtoR sub and just go back to WoW and save yourself some time and money.Many can deny or argue/debate this but in the end its just the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hate you willferal

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    what Alka said.
    got to 50, raided 2-3 days / week, very casual.
    got 'bis' gear.
    did daily quests for... not sure for what.
    pvp...
    then tried to start a new toon.
    never gonna happen.

Worst part is I have SWTOR paid off until April and haven't logged in for about 2-3 weeks now. I Also have WoW paid off until Nov. (The 1 Year Free D3 thing) and haven't logged in since SWTOR came out. ATM I don't have the urge to play either because both games are stuck at a stand still in content.

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

10+ Year Old Account
    These types of threads are funny, totally stealth-tactic flame bait imo. Why does anyone ask complete strangers for advice under the pretense they need coaching as to why they dont enjoy something as if its some cosmic fallacy to not do so? Its really OK to not like SWTOR, its really OK to not like WoW. In fact, you could ask us why you dont like Underwater Basket Weaving and get the same answers that are in this thread.