Deleted

what is the best netbook to buy <£400

just to clarify, netbooks are smaller than notebooks and laptops, usually around the 10-12 inch range and they do not have an internal CD/DWD rom drive.

the best netbook I have found online (amazon) is the Acer Aspire One, 11.6 inches, duel core 2GB RAM.

anyone know any better netbooks for under 400pounds? or any cheaper ultrabooks?

thanks for any help

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by armscow View Post
    just to clarify, netbooks are smaller than notebooks and laptops, usually around the 10-12 inch range and they do not have an internal CD/DWD rom drive.

the best netbook I have found online (amazon) is the Acer Aspire One, 11.6 inches, duel core 2GB RAM.

thanks for any help
    I'm selling an Acer Aspire One aod250 (10.1 inch, dual 1.6/1.6 1gig ram) for 200 USD in the states, I dunno about over there but the price on them has dropped alot since tablets destroyed the market for netbooks for the most part. If you don't mind shipping costs, then you may find a cheaper deal over here, even with them.

400 british pounds is about 633 USD atm, so that would give you quite alot of flexibility, in fact I'm going to look at an Alienware M11x Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300 1.3 GHz
    2GB DDR3
    160GB HDD
    11.6" 1366x768 (720p) WLED
    NVIDIA GeForce 1GB GT 335M
    HDMI port
    DisplayPort
    No optical drive
    WiFi N
    8-cell battery
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Warranty still on it until March 2013

And while it's a rare and fairly exceptional deal (if it's in good condition) he's selling that for 450 USD.

Just gotta be patient and scour ads, until you find something that meets your needs and meets your budget.
    Www.facebook.com/magelordx
    Feel free to add me if you wish

I think with $400 you can get a decent netbook. I bought Lenovo ThinkPad X120e for $600 but as I was reading the review there is a Acer ao722-0022 for $380. IMO its good, dual core, 4gb ram, 500gb drive and win7. Any way you can read through the reviews and see if you get one.

I read the reviews here in4mnation.com/best-netbooks-2012/
    All the best

Quote Originally Posted by armscow View Post

thanks for any help
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834214604

maybe a bit more than 400 but if you want something that's good and will last you.. I just got one and it seems 'solid as a rock'

I bought an LG X130 4 years ago for 225 euros and it has held up well. I mean, yeah it is pretty slow, with a 1.7GHz Intel Atom and 1GB RAM, but it does everything I need it to, and the battery life is effing amazing. I've managed to eek it out to twelve hours (I kid you not), and this is years after buying it. Even with watching movies and surfing the internet wirelessly I still get a good 8 hours out of it.