Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Jewel crafting + Mining

Prospect, Make rings, Disenchant them, Get a alchemist to transmute.
    PROFIT

For gold you need to be a gatherer herb/mine IMO

above poster is correct........mine/herb

start your player with at least four 16-slot bags, collect as you level, mail to a alt to do the auctioning, plus you gain XP from mining/herbing even when they are grey.

you will make more gold leveling this way than any other profession, when you hit 85 you can drop one or the other and convert to:

mining/JC
    mining/BS
    mining/eng

herbing/alch
    herbing/inscr

overall you will find there is serious gold in low level mats and there is more gold to be made farming copper/tin/mithril/thorium/fel iron/adamanite/cobalt, etc.......than obsidium/pyrite....etc CATA ores

doing 2 gathering of skinning/herb/mining is where the gold is. you can build up your mats and gold to drop even both and with ease and pickup two crafting/enchancing profs.

starting a player as a JC/ench as seen in another post is fail.....fail....fail, unless you have a main feeding it, and even that is fail imo

herbs are about the same, have seen briarthorn going for 40-80g a stack (server dependent) compared to cinderbloom being down a 18g per 20
    Last edited by pinkz; 2012-03-12 at 07:54 PM.

Leather sells really well on my server, mainly the low level stuff too

Deleted
    Depends on your server.

Mine JC, especially if you have access to epic gems

Also depends on your server cause elementium prices just dropped on mine. Same with infernos. Used to sell for 600, now they are down to 90. Elementium used to be 150. Down to 35g a stack
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8