2400 glad this season?

....? Is it

Depends on the BG. But i've been seeing a huge amount of gladiators struggling to hit 2200 with 300 games lol. Dunno whats going on.

This would depend on your battlegroup..

Deleted
    mmr is fucked so probs

on the less popular battle groups 2400+ will most prob be glad or damn close to it

groups with higher pops of pvpers ie: KT , Illidan , Darkspear etc will be alot higher

for my server i believe glad cut off last season was 2700+

Depends on the bg, but some it could be. There were some 2400 glads last season and that was with the inflated teams at the top from pre mmr fix. And a lot of top end players aren't playing for real yet until toward the end and they'll do their push. Just like almost all of the top players transferred to kt for the competition. It's better than sitting glad/r1 all season. Tough for the people just trying to get 2200 though, r1 teams at 2k-2.2k mmr.

I'm a 2500 player, and hitting 2.2 and 2.3 is really a joke for me. I play on Blood atm, and if 2.4 is glad maybe i should stop hopping teams ><

So many people exploited mmr and then camped rating last season. In theory with the mmr reset cutoff should be lower but wait till the end of season win traders to push it up again.

you cant even start making these threads when the season has 5-6months left. if 2400 is really glad then it takes 3 hours to farm a team up going like 45-0 which is easy on non popular bgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guaranteed method to determining Gladiator cut-off if the season ended today: (Which by the way we're only halfway though the season assuming it goes for the average period of time)

Step 1.: Make a garbage 3s team on an 85 alt.
    Step 2.: Play and lose 20 games. (I recommend going in with no gear)
    Step 3.: Check what position your team is ranked.
    Step 4.: Multiply the rank of your garbage team by .005 (Alternatively, just know that every 200 teams adds 1 glad slot)
    Step 5.: Find the team that is closest to the number you just got without going over. For example, if your number is 23.997, you still look at the #23 team
    Step 6.: The team who is ranked at the number you just got is the bottom of Glad range. Congrats!

Works for 5v5 too!
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2012-03-05 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Missing zero
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Guaranteed method to determining Gladiator cut-off if the season ended today: (Which by the way we're only halfway though the season assuming it goes for the average period of time)

Step 1.: Make a garbage 3s team on an 85 alt.
    Step 2.: Play and lose 20 games. (I recommend going in with no gear)
    Step 3.: Check what position your team is ranked.
    Step 4.: Multiply the rank of your garbage team by .05
    Step 5.: Find the team that is closest to the number you just got without going over. For example, if your number is 23.997, you still look at the #23 team
    Step 6.: The team who is ranked at the number you just got is the bottom of Glad range. Congrats!

Works for 5v5 too!
    This is true, but teams will always be more active near the end of the season, you can't really predict what glad is going to be at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    This is true, but teams will always be more active near the end of the season, you can't really predict what glad is going to be at this point.
    Which is why he said "if the season ended today" - given the OP is asking a question nobody can answer beyond a wild guess, this is the most quantitative solution available ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    While rating might vary, it is a good bellweather to figure out just how far up the ladder you need to be.

I have no idea what the impact of all the changes that have come this season will be on the pool, but I bet there's way fewer glads this season than last.

TL;DR: While the rating is unknown, it's not likely that if the season ended today and glad cut off is 25th on the ladder that it will be 50th at the end of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Could be, MMR is lower than other Cata seasons.

I've been meeting glads at <2k MMR on my alts.

Too many people hopping between teams right now and mmr being fucked so all the glads are around 2.2k-2.4k, probably going to change later in the season when people stick to one team.