Poll: Broken?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Worst season so far in terms of balance

and i've played in all 11 of them

Deleted
    fair combat?
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ghing_kids.jpg

there is no fair combat unless you play against your mirror. Mirror means btw not just the class but same specc, same gear, same enchants. Otherwise someone will have theoretical advantage.

Fair combat is a fairy tale

PvE items ruining PvP, again.
    MMR exploits still going on with Blizzard not giving a duck.
    Ladders are full of boosted people. Recently Blizz banned some of the boosters but it really doesn't stop them for continuing boosting.
    It's possible to play to 2,8k+ in the first weeks of the season and then just sit there till season ends, Blizz should make a change that you can play in many teams but only your highest team is qualified into title cutoff.
    Overall the balance in PvP has been terrible whole Cataclysm.

Mage (frost) mastery should be changed or nerfed atleast.
    Warriors do decent damage when they can actually hit the target without being stuck in novas and other cc's.
    Rogue damage is way too high. Smokebomb is STILL retarded.
    Resto Druids are like trees, useless. Fixed (yeah sure) in 5.0 but it shouldnt take a expansion just to fix in 1 spec.
    Warlocks Demon Armor should get nerfed.
    Resto Shaman overlords.
    Triple DPS x-------D

These are just my opinions and I don't state them as facts.
    People still believe that MoP will fix PvP?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If you want broken pvp, go back to Vanilla where T3 raiders demolished BGs or Mages could 1shot bears and the entire system revolved around grinding 18+ hrs a day.
    Yes and I thought that the point of expansions and patches was that we would go ahead, like tbc and actually LK aswell instead of going backwards like in cata.

Most people mentioned it already, healing is still very powerful, heals critting for over 50% of someones hp... I mean srsly. They gave some classes too much cooldowns, when I saw the cata skills I was like mm yeah because thats what rogues needed, more cooldowns for PvP. Same for mages, they had good control in LK, why give them even more. Other then strong healing all classes are doing an insane amount of damage by now, most of them have a good array of cc aswell.

The thing that is most hilarious of them all is that rogues have too choose between ShS and prep in MoP but that they get more new cooldowns, blizzard did a great job right there. This isn't even in beta ofcourse so I'm of the thought that they will fix this, don't wanna derail the thread with 100 people quoting me on this and saying omg dude pre beta stop whining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    PvE items ruining PvP, again.
    MMR exploits still going on with Blizzard not giving a duck.
    Ladders are full of boosted people. Recently Blizz banned some of the boosters but it really doesn't stop them for continuing boosting.
    It's possible to play to 2,8k+ in the first weeks of the season and then just sit there till season ends, Blizz should make a change that you can play in many teams but only your highest team is qualified into title cutoff.
    Overall the balance in PvP has been terrible whole Cataclysm.

Mage (frost) mastery should be changed or nerfed atleast.
    Warriors do decent damage when they can actually hit the target without being stuck in novas and other cc's.
    Rogue damage is way too high. Smokebomb is STILL retarded.
    Resto Druids are like trees, useless. Fixed (yeah sure) in 5.0 but it shouldnt take a expansion just to fix in 1 spec.
    Warlocks Demon Armor should get nerfed.
    Resto Shaman overlords.
    Triple DPS x-------D

These are just my opinions and I don't state them as facts.
    People still believe that MoP will fix PvP?
    But they are facts bro : P

And yeah..really doubt MoP will fix PvP. So many new talents and class changes, they'll spend a full year trying to balance it and then its time for the next expansion already. Where they will fix all the problems that MoP brought. Repeated into infinity.

Props for trying to fix the PvE / PvP gear issue tho Blizz. Took them a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkzeon View Post
    PVP is almost fine right now. Very much specs are viable in PVP. Its cool.
    However some things need to be HOTFIXED
    I talk about the state of mages and ferals. They are extremely OP.
    Rogues are not that broken. Yes they got new weapons the first day of the season and the trinket that critted you for 50-60k each time they opened (prenerfed Vial). But the class itself is fine.
    Also we have warriors. The class with 1 pvp spec that can be replaced with any other class to get more profit.

And all this crap is not HOTFIXED...
    I like how you didn't mention resto druids anywhere in ur post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    I like how you didn't mention resto druids anywhere in ur post.
    He's obviously a Rogue, seeing as Mages and Ferals are mad OP and Rogues are fine. Rogues are at such high rating because of their class that they never meet resto druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    He's obviously a Rogue, seeing as Mages and Ferals are mad OP and Rogues are fine. Rogues are at such high rating because of their class that they never meet resto druids.
    well then i don't see why he's complaining.

Nah, I think it's fine. Sure it can be challenging, specially as a spriest, but I'd rather have a challenge then just get bored facerolling my way to victory. Not sure if anyone in this thread actually played pre-bc but mages could only one shot someone every 3 minutes. Now shadow priests? All I had to do was tab SW:P everything around me as they tried to break through my shield and all the heals from the crazy strong VE. That was if they survived through the full Psychic Scream. PvP is more balanced now than it has ever been.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broken and unbalanced are synonyms now?

No wonder all the problems we have today.

MoP looks to address all the big flaws except trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove some of the control Frost Mages have and give it to Warriors.
    Nerf the damage a Rogue and Blood Death Knight deals.
    Buff the damage a Moonkin and Enhancement Shaman deals.
    Nerf the synergy a Warlock and a Shaman have.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I think a really big part of it is also the amount of CCs in PVP. Almost every class has at least 2 forms of CC, and I think we need to reduce the amount. Like if you are in a BG, having a Medallion is pretty much useless because you are going to get CCd again immediately after you use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    BOSS IS TANKED BY 1 TANK, OTHER TANK JUST JERKS OFF TILL THAT ONE ADD COMES OUT LOL SO FUN
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Dear sir, would you kindly stop saying such retarded bullshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Nerf the damage a Rogue and Blood Death Knight deals.
    They did. Vengeance is no longer triggered by players.
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restorection View Post
    Simple question. Yes or No. For any reason, do you think PVP is Broken(Unbalanced)
    What EVER made you think WoW PvP is broken? The very idea is preposterous!

Honestly though, WoW PvP was always broken. The only thing that changes with it is what's broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what happens when you conflate broken and unbalanced?

People disregard otherwise constructive feedback.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time I think it is okay. Sometimes I don't.
    I think BGs are actually ok, Arenas are not. I play Feral/Disci and my mate (the priest) full geared with S11 Conquest stuff. But, for example, today there was a Combo DK/Feral and the DK had not a single PvP item and I CC'ed the Feral for like 15 seconds straight but still the PvE DK managed to kill my priest on his own for 3 matches in a row. Or when a Rogue hits me for 20k+ in Bear Form with Barkskin activated. Those are the moments when I just log out of the game and don't come back for at least a day. I would love too see PvP balanced/fixed. And I think the changes (removal) of Resilience is a step in the right direction.

TLDR: Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    You know what happens when you conflate broken and unbalanced?

People disregard otherwise constructive feedback.
    Yes. The game is much better off now PvP-wise than it has been before. Of course there are problems, and in a ranked system every problem will seem "gamebreaking", but the game is actually far from broken. Due to the massive amount of lvl 85 alts, class/comp balance is really hard to gauge from representation now, because (just like in PvE) a hypothetical 1% advantage will make many many players switch to that class/comp, making the problem seem worse than it actually is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Yes. The game is much better off now PvP-wise than it has been before. Of course there are problems, and in a ranked system every problem will seem "gamebreaking", but the game is actually far from broken. Due to the massive amount of lvl 85 alts, class/comp balance is really hard to gauge from representation now, because (just like in PvE) a hypothetical 1% advantage will make many many players switch to that class/comp, making the problem seem worse than it actually is.

List in any way how the game is better now then in Season 7? When you had beastcleave instead of triple DPS. When Warriors were also good, and Resto Druids were also good and Ele shamans were also good and in fact almost every spec had a place and no class was left out. When you had less then a 40% chance to fight a rogue team instead of a 60% chance. WHEN SMOKE BOMB DIDNT FUCKING EXIST! When Paladins and Druids were respected arena healers!

There is only one thing that might be considered an improvement over S7, and that is arguably having Rated BGs, but really with smoke bomb rush down and casters aoeing things down, and the horrible experience that is flag carrying, and the need to do them to get the max points possible, I cant see Rated BGs as a positive.

Also no one is rerolling for a 1% advantage, respecing maybe in pve, but in PVP cmon. Were stubborn ass holes, Im still playing warrior as is every other warrior who didnt jump ship when the D(ic)K class was created. The resto druids are still playing resto, and its like a 400% disadvantage right now, not a 1% advantage. Rogues went from a 1-1 ratio with warriors in high end arena 2 seasons ago to a 6 to 1 ratio now, and in your mind that happened because everyone rerolled rogue? Well even if that was the case then clearly the class is so easy and overpowered that anyone who picks it up gets high rated and obviously should be nerfed.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Broken and unbalanced are synonyms now?

No wonder all the problems we have today.

MoP looks to address all the big flaws except trinkets.
    Cata LOOKED to address all the big flaws in PVP too and look what happened with it. It's even more broken than it was during S8 when everyone had 70% + crit and all the ArP+similar effects. Right now the only differences in abilities like a Maxed ArP Killing Spree and Smoke Bomb is the spell animation. I used to be able to 1 shot Full Wrathful Plate in 1 Killing Spree...I'm able to do that once again within the Smoke of 1 Bomb.

---------- Post added 2012-03-05 at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    List in any way how the game is better now then in Season 7? When you had beastcleave instead of triple DPS. When Warriors were also good, and Resto Druids were also good and Ele shamans were also good and in fact almost every spec had a place and no class was left out. When you had less then a 40% chance to fight a rogue team instead of a 60% chance. WHEN SMOKE BOMB DIDNT FUCKING EXIST! When Paladins and Druids were respected arena healers!

There is only one thing that might be considered an improvement over S7, and that is arguably having Rated BGs, but really with smoke bomb rush down and casters aoeing things down, and the horrible experience that is flag carrying, and the need to do them to get the max points possible, I cant see Rated BGs as a positive.

Also no one is rerolling for a 1% advantage, respecing maybe in pve, but in PVP cmon. Were stubborn ass holes, Im still playing warrior as is every other warrior who didnt jump ship when the D(ic)K class was created. The resto druids are still playing resto, and its like a 400% disadvantage right now, not a 1% advantage. Rogues went from a 1-1 ratio with warriors in high end arena 2 seasons ago to a 6 to 1 ratio now, and in your mind that happened because everyone rerolled rogue? Well even if that was the case then clearly the class is so easy and overpowered that anyone who picks it up gets high rated and obviously should be nerfed.
    Funny thing about what's in bold is that I actually DID play my Warrior frequently until my time expired (AS a Prot FC..which is both a gift and a curse.) Because Arms is fucking JOKES alongside Fury for worst Melee DPS in PVP. My Resto Druid, however... is the WORST POSSIBLE PVP healer-class, yet, I fucking love the playstyle...sure I have to work like 300% harder than any other Healclass due to shit defensive cooldowns and my healing being vastly inferior to the other heal classes.
    Last edited by Asatru; 2012-03-05 at 09:56 PM.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

of course its broken. its been that way since kalgan was hired.