I doubt that why people have multiple characters with Alchemy? and Why Inscription?

There are any more profit than have multiple characters with another professions?

And Why Inscription can make a lot of money from glyphs because If I already learn glyphs then I don't want to buy them anymore.

Last question.

Mining or Herbalism which one can make more gold now?

Any info/advice is appreciated.

Alchemy?
    For sure.
    Multiple Truegold or Volatile Life Transmutes each day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, i'm doin 4 transmutes a day, would do more but i'm lazy, and farming the volatile life can be a hassle.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

There is no benefit to having multiple toons with Inscription. If people do this it's likely just for the shoulder enchant. Provides a cheap way to get your +80 stat and eliminates the need to farm Therazane rep.

Mining is way more profitable. The shuffle market prevents the prices of ore from crashing, and you get better random drops from nodes (gems, pets, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Montiugus View Post
    Mining or Herbalism which one can make more gold now?
    This was the only question i understood. Mining is probably more profitable, however herbalism can be as well (depending on your server). My server loves fortune cookies so i farm whiptail, blow em up, make fortune cards, send em to my cook and make cookies out of em. Cookies sell for at least 250g a stack on my server, sometimes even 300g + depending on what other food is priced at

That's more of a niche that i've found, though, and might not work for everyone. Ore shuffling will always happen so mining is probably a safer choice

Quote Originally Posted by Montiugus View Post
    Mining or Herbalism which one can make more gold now? Any info/advice is appreciated.
    I know you didn't state this as an option, but if your looking into a gathering profession for gold I'd go skinning. Max it out, grab some Potion of Treasure Finding, go to TB and farm the spiders there.

The biggest reason (that I see) for having multiple of any crafting profession is for any daily/weekly cooldowns. Alchemy happens to have just that and is incredibly cheap to powerlevel. In addition, there are 3 specializations for alchemy, so when I ever need potions, elixirs/flasks, transmutes I'll do it with whichever character has that specialization. You just don't get that with blacksmithing, leatherworking, inscription, or enchanting. Yeah, jewelcrafting could double dip with the daily quests to increase the rate at pattern acquisition and tailoring could increase the amount of Dreamcloth, but the versatility just isn't the same as with alchemy.

Deleted
    Inscription is by far my biggest money maker. Doesn't matter that people only buy the glyphs once; there are always people making new characters / trying out new specs etc. I see no advantage to having inscription on multiple toons though; other than the fact it's one of the easiest to level (imo) and means you don't have to bother getting the shoulder enchant rep.

I have one alchemist of each type to get the bonuses, it's a very easy prof to level and means I don't have to bother someone else when I need flasks / pots / transmutes etc.

i*have*6 xmute spec'd toons. its easy gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Inscription is by far my biggest money maker. Doesn't matter that people only buy the glyphs once; there are always people making new characters / trying out new specs etc. I see no advantage to having inscription on multiple toons though; other than the fact it's one of the easiest to level (imo) and means you don't have to bother getting the shoulder enchant rep.

I have one alchemist of each type to get the bonuses, it's a very easy prof to level and means I don't have to bother someone else when I need flasks / pots / transmutes etc.
    Glyphs are also much more expensive now that they are learned forever. They used to be only a few gold now they can be a few hundred depending on how you learn them.

Alchemy is good because of transmute CDs.

Jewlcrafting has daily quests and it is beneficial to have multiple jewlcrafters when new recopies come out to be able to learn more cuts faster.

Tailoring has cloth CDs but this is probably the least useful of the top 3.

Sometimes mining has CDs like Titansteel used to be.

Having multiple enchanters may get you more shards if you dont always have an enchanter in your group to DE BoP drops in dungeons.

I've had 2 toons doing transmutes though a couple expansions. It's almost like getting free gold.