Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Many Trinkets, handle it !

Hey, so i could use some advice as far as trinkets goes for Demo. I'm aware Will of Unbinding is BiS but as far as the second slot goes my choices are :

LFR Cunning
    Moonwell Chalice
    DMC : Volcano
    Normal Insignia of the Corrupted Mind (haste proc trinket from Yor'saj).

I'm aware some of them are situational, specially cunning, but wich trinket is suposed to be the best on single target? I'm guessing cunning is best for multi target fights but i could be wrong. Thanks for the help .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Hey, so i could use some advice as far as trinkets goes for Demo. I'm aware Will of Unbinding is BiS but as far as the second slot goes my choices are :

LFR Cunning
    Moonwell Chalice
    DMC : Volcano
    Normal Insignia of the Corrupted Mind (haste proc trinket from Yor'saj).

I'm aware some of them are situational, specially cunning, but wich trinket is suposed to be the best on single target? I'm guessing cunning is best for multi target fights but i could be wrong. Thanks for the help .
    Moonwell Chalice is really strong but makes for a "harder" rotation as you have to track it's cooldown along with that of metamorphosis.
    Check this out: http://simulationcraft.org/432/Warlo..._Trinkets.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    Moonwell Chalice is really strong but makes for a "harder" rotation as you have to track it's cooldown along with that of metamorphosis.
    Check this out: http://simulationcraft.org/432/Warlo..._Trinkets.html
    Completly missed that chart, my main isn't my lock >.>. Thanks a lot ! What those datas are based on exactly though? Just curious because i'd imagine some trinkets would be stronger in certain situations, such as Cunning in AoE. Thats where im confused.

I know MWC is really good, been using it on single target, terribly annoying to have to hold on Meta CD though >.>.

ICM is going to be very slightly behind MWC but enough that you could use it with little discernible difference in practice if you dislike the MWC rotation

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 05:07 PM ----------

dont forget the simc comparisons only evaluate procs and don't include passive stats which MWC is pretty lacking in comparison to DS trinkets

Deleted
    Forgot that last part, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    ICM is going to be very slightly behind MWC but enough that you could use it with little discernible difference in practice if you dislike the MWC rotation
    I wouldn't guarantee that; every time I sim it, it seems like the two swap positions. I'd say that once you have 4pct13, *most* of the time IotCM will be the stronger option.
    Verily, thou shalt rejoice in the house of the tentacle.

Personally, I like iocm (normal) better over MWC. *Its less annoying by far, and much more fun to play when you get those 1.2s shadow bolts that are critting for like 80k.

I can tell you my dps has gone up (along with my DG's damage) by a noticeable amount by changing out MWC for H IotCM. It also makes Demo a bit more fun, not having to wait for Meta to line up with MWC is really nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    I can tell you my dps has gone up (along with my DG's damage) by a noticeable amount by changing out MWC for H IotCM. It also makes Demo a bit more fun, not having to wait for Meta to line up with MWC is really nice.
    This is the biggest argument I would say, makes for better quality of life really :P

I do agree with the fun part

since i swapped out my MWC it's been so much more enjoyable and i still deliver quite good dps

imo , WOU + COtC or WOU + IOTCM if u don't have COC

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything I have found puts Moonwell Chalice as 2nd BiS right behind WOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Vezrah View Post
    Simcraft begs to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Vezrah View Post
    Pretty sure cunning of the cruel NORMAL beats moonwell chalice, i'd assume heroic insignia is stronger than mw:c. Currently I have CoC and mw:c but if I get a will of the unbinding i'll drop mw:c just because I hate the idea of prolonging meta and i've done it for far too long.

Did they ever get the doomguard+haste to correctly sim?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy4 View Post
    Did they ever get the doomguard+haste to correctly sim?
    They do. EJ post #503, and the two above for buff related things.

TL;DR : there is no real fixed haste breakpoint where the doomguard gets additionnal casts in his duration window, due to the random latency that exists inbetween his casts (ie. he's not casting doombolts back-to-back).

Conclusion : you shouldn't really care about the doomguard as far as haste is concerned.

Even for the people saying MWC is a annoyance to paly with(it was a little) I hope you are all still using it when you paly Demo as a pre pull use.

Moonwell > Meta + Prepot > swap back to CoC or WoU(depends if you run CoC + Insignia or CoC + WoU on which you take off for prepull MWC)

But yea I would personally say LFR CoC and Insignia in your case for DS fights only because nothing is gonna work like the Sim will(not even ultrax if you get RNG fucked and get a fading light as you pet swap). Just my opinion on that.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that if you switch out MWC after you use it (for the pre-pull Mastery bonus) you don't get the Mastery bonus anymore, as Blizz fixed this in 4.2... Is this not true anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyllastus View Post
    I was under the impression that if you switch out MWC after you use it (for the pre-pull Mastery bonus) you don't get the Mastery bonus anymore, as Blizz fixed this in 4.2... Is this not true anymore?
    The buff disappears when you switch the trinket, however Meta snapshots the mastery so if you use meta before you switch trinkets it still gains the bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyllastus View Post
    Meta snapshots mastery, so while you lose the buff, meta keeps it.

If my count downs before pull were reliable I'd do it, but more than likely I'd get stuck with mwc
    Last edited by Monkeyy4; 2012-03-07 at 05:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Random, semi related, question: How much damage will a doomguard toss out if you combine hc IotCM with MWC? The most i've seen comming out of that pet so far is 1.11M dmg (just IotCM, no MWC)