Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmp View Post
    So instead of trying to make good content so people will stay they are trying to get old people back by giving some shit perks, very disappointed.
    The content will be new to people who are coming back. They're hoping to offset people leaving WoW due to boredom(for whatever reason) with new players who they hope will find it new and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    It's actually no longer in my game when I logged back on to take an SS to show where it is. Dunno why. I guess maybe it disappears after you use it once. However, it said you can use one per day when I initially did it.
    How convenient.*

Just seems like this is either BS or you got lucky and somehow accessed something that isn't supposed to be live and they then hotfixed it server side. I'll lean towards BS.

EDIT: multiple people saying they "saw" it but now it's "gone." So maybe my former guess is true. Y'all got lucky and the switch was flipped early (then fixed).

I have 4 accounts on my Battle.net
    I haven't played 3 of the 4 in over a year.
    I HAVE been active on 1 until 2 weeks ago.
    Does my (Battle.net) "Account" qualify for the Resurrection Scroll?

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Deleted
    Go blizz, its giving stuff to people.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 4 accounts on my Battle.net
    your 3/4 accounts do, not the 1 recently played on. you can probably send an invite from the active account though to the other accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1080 View Post
    How convenient.*

Just seems like this is either BS or you got lucky and somehow accessed something that isn't supposed to be live and they then hotfixed it server side. I'll lean towards BS.
    However, several other people have posted here saying the same as I just did.

Sweet. Tried Scroll of Res yesterday but it was down. So activated without it. Also transferred char -_- /facepalm
    Last edited by Mysta; 2012-03-06 at 08:30 PM.
    [110][110][110][110][110][110][100][90][90][85][59][70]

Quote Originally Posted by jt1080 View Post
    How convenient.*

EDIT: multiple people saying they "saw" it but now it's "gone." So maybe my former guess is true. Y'all got lucky and the switch was flipped early (then fixed).
    I really don't think it's BS. Everything makes sense, we saw strings in game files that were data mined long ago about the new Scroll of Resurrection system. Along with the Spectral Gryphon/Wyverns, it's just a short matter of time before it is officially announced. I'm not sure of all the specific details, but I really doubt that it's BS by any means.

Those are some pretty crazy nice incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    However, several other people have posted here saying the same as I just did.
    Yep, edited my post. Seems like it was mistake. I'm sure it will get activated today though at some point. Probably once website/account*maintenance*is done.*

they should give something back to the people who have actually been subscribed during these tough mmo times.

Absolute bs that the quitters get some carrots while the loyalists get shoved aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnor View Post
    your 3/4 accounts do, not the 1 recently played on. you can probably send an invite from the active account though to the other accounts.
    The 1 account that I've been active on is currently inactive itself. Haha.

I was just curious as to whether or not they limit you to your Primary Battle.NET account or if you can Resurrect your SUB-Accounts.

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Looks like I'll be ressurrecting my old account with mym lvl 80 shammy on it rofl :P

I don't think it is really a sign of desperation, I think that they are trying to get ahead of the curve. Offer people the free upgrade at end of expansion before a new one instead of offering it after that way you are giving someone something that is still somewhat relevant. I think it is a better business model. Their recurring subscription income is far more profitable than their xpac sales so this gives them the cheaper to hopefully hook them.

And I'm trying to resist going back to wow. This made it even harder X_x

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, i think people are missing a point here, its a BOOST, not an entirely new character, if it was a totaly new toon, why would it qualify for a faction change and realm move? you would just surely create it on the realm they play anyway...seems so anyway we shall not know until the official announcement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    You all may ridicule this choice, but I guarantee this is going to do some serious damage control for them in terms of subscriber count loss. I expect they're looking to improve on last quarter's subscriber count difference and this is certainly going to help a ton in that.
    more pointedly, we are in march and subs taking this now will mostly be counted in q1 even if they unsub quickly, unless they cxl before 7 days.

Always look at the calendar timing of moves like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Ok, i think people are missing a point here, its a BOOST, not an entirely new character, if it was a totaly new toon, why would it qualify for a faction change and realm move? you would just surely create it on the realm they play anyway...seems so anyway we shall not know until the official announcement
    Oh for sure bro. I have this 65 Mage that I'd LOVE to see @ 80+ I just gotta wait for a buddy of mine to get home from work to send me an invite back. THIS'LL BE FUN!!

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Wonder how many people you will need to resurrect for the mount :/ all my friends pretty much still play WoW..

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Spend an expansion revamping 1-60 content. Free level boost to 80.
    This is so true! I hate how they spent so many resourses revamping old world, then they made you breeze through it in like 2 days??