15+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Seeking a quote from The Iron Lady

I am writing a project, and I really need a quote I once heard in the movie with Margarat Thatcher called The Iron Lady. She said something about being hated for making the hard decisions, but in the end people would understand it and appreciate you for it. Tell me if you know it, or perhaps know how I can find it.

Would be really great if the real Margarat Thatcher said it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's the script. Maybe you can do a search and find what you're looking for.

http://twcguilds.com/assets/screenpl...-iron-lady.pdf

Deleted
    I was a generous soul and went at got it for you. I THINK this is the one you're after:

"Don’t they know if you take the tough decisions, yes people will hate you today but they’ll thank you for generations."

Taken from the script, page 92.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stony Steve Lemon View Post
    "Don’t they know if you take the tough decisions, yes people will hate you today but they’ll thank you for generations."
    if she ever did say this, then she got it slightly wrong. it should have been
    "Don’t they know if you take the tough decisions, yes people will hate you today but they’ll thank and still hate you for generations."
    she was good in a lot of ways, but she really did screw our economy up for many many years after she left office.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    if she ever did say this, then she got it slightly wrong. it should have been
    "Don’t they know if you take the tough decisions, yes people will hate you today but they’ll thank and still hate you for generations."
    she was good in a lot of ways, but she really did screw our economy up for many many years after she left office.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm no Thatcher fan. I'm from the North of England, and there are communities there that still haven't recovered from what she did. The calls from some on the right for her to receive a state funeral when she dies are a) possibly the most divisive ideas ever conceived and b) completely silly for that reason.