Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is probably one of their greatest promotions ever.

The players I feel bad for are those stuck on dead servers that have been hanging around hoping Blizzard would do something. I know I would wanna choke someone if I got stuck like that while watching others that quit being able to start up and get the heck out for free.I personally understand why Blizzard is doing it, but tbh I think its something that is just a short term thing. Anyone that comes back will realize that the reasons they quit still exist, and probably won't stick around too long. Meanwhile you take the risk of alienating some of your loyal customers and having them quit.

Damn this seems*desperate, still*isn't*getting me to come back unless the friend that rez's me pays for my subscription too.

too bad I don't want to jump around in*orgrimmar again, other wise it would be a good deal.

Great idea

Love it---->*
    Quote Originally Posted by Thuran View Post
    Tip for people who have quit, and who are considering this just for the "free" 80.

1 - wait until April 1st
    2- Activate it.

Why? Because that way you will NOT register as a part of Q1 and thus not be a tool to help blizztivision pretend their game is doing better than it is. You get your char for 15 bucks, and if you quit your sub right away, it will still end in time for you to not be part of Q2 either ^^

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 11:05 PM ----------

Oh and those on dead servers, the content presented to you is all you deserve if you are not willing to Xfer then i doubt you have the dedication to be part of a hardcore guild anyways.

Deleted
    That 5th of march date sucks, I was really hoping we could have the guild stop playing for a month, then use scroll to get off this god damn 20ppl server

Ahhh, the sweet smell of a desperate Blizzard trying to keep the dinosaur alive. The Q2 conference call is going to be sweet in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sythalamide View Post
    Love it---->*

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 11:05 PM ----------

Oh and those on dead servers, the content presented to you is all you deserve if you are not willing to Xfer then i doubt you have the dedication to be part of a hardcore guild anyways.
    It seems pretty harsh to penalize players for not xferring on a server that died when they have no control whatsoever in causing the server to die. Not everyone can afford to xfer out of a server, especially if they have multiple toons needing to be moved. Not to mention that WoW is particularly expensive when it comes to character transfers. A different mmo I used to play only costs $15 + $5per extra toon. WoW costs, what, $25 per toon?

If nothing else, the free xfer is only eligible for the toon that got boosted to 80 which means you can't xfer your 'main' toon, and any other alts. In other words, players can't really rely on this system alone to get out of a dead server, unless they're willing to abandon all other toons.

If you send someone a scroll, do they have a chance to start a new character first and then boost to 80 or does the page say 'Hey you've been ressed! Now pick which character to boost!' before they log in?

Deleted
    Great but...why wyverns? They're hideous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catracie View Post
    If you need a resurrection send me a pm.
    What jesus would have said in 2012..

(just a joke no religious leanings or bias intended by this post, jeez have to watch what you write in 2012!)

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    You ARE given 280% flying, and i got a Swift Purple Windrider already in my spellbook when i checked.
    To think I payed collectively 50k gold for that across my alts, so happy I quit when I see crap like that.

OT: Reeks of desperation and is more likely to piss of old customers that stuck with them as I never seen Blizzard give paying customers anything extra for simply being long time customers.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-03-07 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    I can send out Scrolls to Draenor EU/Horde (although I think you can transfer/faction change to wherever you want, not just to the sender's realm/faction). If you pay for a month, I will pay you 10k gold to get you started (after I get the mount). PM me if you are interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone knows if promotions such as this and RAF are still not allowed for portuguese players?

EDIT: answered my own question already :P

Only residents of the following countries may send a Scroll of Resurrection invitation: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine and United Kingdom.

If any european lad or lass would like to come back to the game PLEASE send me a pm and i'll send you a scroll, it would make me a happy tophat cat :3
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2012-03-07 at 09:00 AM.

If anyone wants a scroll sent their way, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    The word DESPERATION comes up here How long are we now from F2P for this game? Realistically? Mere months?
    I don't know but the only ones being desperate over here are the usual WoW bashers that daily trash talk the only mmorpg worth playing over the last 7 years for more than a few weeks...

Go play the duds instead.

It is sound business to promote your products and it is a 20.000.000 million ex-market they address (even more). I too would be worried if I were that Blizzard hater on daily forum posts.

Just 10 weeks of witnessing the latest "wow killer" in action, this promotion couldn't come better to restart the original again.

Watch the upcoming weeks with a hyped MoP, Diablo 3 to earn you money and I bet you there is even more Blizzard promotions upcoming.

I can only wonder what the ceiling for WoW will be if the RMAH will be included in Wow in the coming years...

30.000.000 players ?

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    ...not within this year or the next? It is foolish to think this leads down the F2P path. Why on earth would Blizzard make WoW F2P?
    Yeah why on earth would they when they are the only game on the market that successfully combines the F2P payment method with a subscription fee and not only have their customers accept it but defend it at the same time.

Are all countries eligible to cast the Scroll of Resurrection?

Only residents of the following countries may send a Scroll of Resurrection invitation: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine and United Kingdom.
    What's wrong with other countries? Why does it matter where I currently reside?

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Are all countries eligible to cast the Scroll of Resurrection?

What's wrong with other countries? Why does it matter where I currently reside?
    I live in Brazil, and even though it's not on this list, i could send a SoR... so, i guess you should just try to.

EDIT: But reading again i guess this is the EU list of eligible countries... so, i don't know ehe

as others have said, instead of throwing instant 80's at the people getting recruited and realm transfers, where is this kind of reward for players that have been playing loyally for years?.Why should my noob friend get a free level 80 and a character transfer he wont understand what it does, because he played for a few months and got to level 50, when i have many level 85's and really cba to level more but i want more 85's.Blizzard derping dat derp.