Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ive got a couple of questions about this whole thing -

If I invite my second, inactive account, and then make a char that I'm gonna boost to 80 on a server thats different to the one I've got my mains on, will the free realm transfer also let me transfer it over accounts?

Because if thats the case, hooooo mama thats awesome.
    If not, eh, 15 quid for an 80 is still pretty nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Adds another mount to the collection which is a good thing, Well sorta anyway.
    A least the last one was a unique designed 2 seater rocket, that was actully a good mount, I just don't think wow's graphics are good enough for these spectral mounts to be a justified reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jademalo View Post
    Ive got a couple of questions about this whole thing -

If I invite my second, inactive account, and then make a char that I'm gonna boost to 80 on a server thats different to the one I've got my mains on, will the free realm transfer also let me transfer it over accounts?

Because if thats the case, hooooo mama thats awesome.
    If not, eh, 15 quid for an 80 is still pretty nice.
    Technically, if you own both accounts, then it should be possible.

I think that's a different paid service, but either way.

let me get this point straight: "A FREE upgrade to Cataclysm -- regardless of your friend’s original box level" you buy a vanilla account, you play for 30 days, you stop playing for 30 days, get a rez scroll, done: now you saved buying 3 expansions, have a free server transfer, char boost to 80, your friends gains a mount, (free month?). that's it?? if it is, then you gain more stuff simply by stop playing the game, rathen than being a loyal customer.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedIllidan View Post
    LOL Blizzard must be desperate.
    Well if your the CEO of blizz and the shareholders are on your ass or you might be out of a job you might try desperation too, I know I would. The only thing that makes me scratch my head is no veteran awards for current players WTF is that. Most mmo's do that nowadays I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravel View Post
    Sub numbers must be dropping hard this quarter, the policy of handing everything on a plate seems to be working out for them.

The main reason for this is that it is the 7th of March, anyone that subs back now will count for Q1 even if they unsub straight afterwards.
    Very smart way of jacking the numbers up! Well it just goes to show burning crusade was the best xpac by far.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovamaestro View Post
    let me get this point straight: "A FREE upgrade to Cataclysm -- regardless of your friend’s original box level" you buy a vanilla account, you play for 30 days, you stop playing for 30 days, get a rez scroll, done: now you saved buying 3 expansions, have a free server transfer, char boost to 80, your friends gains a mount, (free month?). that's it?? if it is, then you gain more stuff simply by stop playing the game, rathen than being a loyal customer.
    "To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have previously subscribed to World of Warcraft for at least 30 days and their account must have become inactive on or before March 4th,2012."

And how you know how hardcore player some ppl has been when they quit
    (>^^)> Pandas

This is freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ovamaestro View Post
    The account being resurrected must have been active before March 4th, so that would be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Technically, if you own both accounts, then it should be possible.

I think that's a different paid service, but either way.
    I haven't used it before, but I think that server xfer and acc xfer are the same service.

Also, does anyone know if a faction transfer changes the spectral mount? I'm guessing its just a standard one type for each faction job.

So, I guess one thing we know for sure ... Mists isn't being released until after this promotional period*

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but as of a few minutes ago, the button is active in-game now on the social window.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i scroll a friend and he accepts then uses a gamecard does that still count? Or does he have to pay for the month via battletnet website?

Anybody? Does the resurrected account receive the mount too?

15+ Year Old Account
    I was wrong, woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by ANewStart View Post
    The main reason for this is that it is the 7th of March, anyone that subs back now will count for Q1 even if they unsub straight afterwards.
    Very smart way of jacking the numbers up! Well it just goes to show burning crusade was the best xpac by far.

This the obvious reason but for those people who have been stuck on low pop realms for ages waiting for a FCM must be livered.

Two question as I'm not finding the answer to these:

1. My wife unsubbed a few months ago and likes this idea of getting an instant 80. *She already has an 85 druid, and a 55 mage. *But she really would prefer to play a hunter next , but doesn't have one created on the account. *Is she going to be able to create a level 1 hunter and boost it to 80 if she gets a scroll of rez from me?

2. She accepted one scroll of rez from me in the past. *And I believe in the past it wouldn't let an account do this again. *But the q/a kinda seems like it will. *Has anyone seen a clarified answer to this?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Dunno about the in-game button, but you can already send invites from your account management.
    For real? I was actually being a smartass about it because all of my accounts are currently inactive. I was basing it on assumption due to the thread/announcement title.

I'm just waiting on my buddy to get back to me so he can send me an invite. MAGE INC!

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by punksandskins View Post
    Anybody? Does the resurrected account receive the mount too?
    No sir, only the person resurrecting does, and it's only a single mount per scroll, so if you send one, pick your target character carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    For real? I was actually being a smartass about it because all of my accounts are currently inactive. I was basing it on assumption due to the thread/announcement title.

I'm just waiting on my buddy to get back to me so he can send me an invite. MAGE INC!
    Aye, and according to a poster above us (Ganrokh), the in-game button is functional as well now.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-03-07 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Adding the poster's name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ANewStart View Post

Clearly the reason it's been done, but old school players who brains won't be conned into resubbing to a wow that hands everything out on a plate.