Deleted

a strange keyboard issue :\

hello, i am having a very weird issue with my keyboard, its working fine typing in firefox, but on wow i cant type the letters c,h,v, if i press C it brings up the character window and V shows name plates etc, but if i open chat i cant type the letters :| anyone have any idea why?

edit: resseting pc fixes it, but its happened a few times now so would like to know whats causing it.

Update all your drivers, specifically for your chipset.
    NZXT Phantom
    ASRock Extreme4 Gen3 | I5 2500k | EVGA GTX 560 TI
    8gb Corsair Vengence | 60gb Agility3 SSD | 1tb Seagate 7200rpm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladria View Post
    Update all your drivers, specifically for your chipset.
    ok will do, but are you sure thats what cuasing it? its not a constant issue, and only affects the chat window in WoW, also lags when i press the buttons :\

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ok will do, but are you sure thats what cuasing it? its not a constant issue, and only affects the chat window in WoW, also lags when i press the buttons :\
    No, i'm not 100% but it is one of the best places to start. *Old or corrupted drives can do strange things to computers, things just like what your experiencing now. *One of my buddies in my guild had something similar happen only when he was playing WoW, his keyboard would just shutoff, he could use it if he logged off but in order to use it in game he had to reboot his computer. *It was fixed after we updated all his drivers.
    NZXT Phantom

Deleted
    No, i'm not 100% but it is one of the best places to start. *Old or corrupted drives can do strange things to computers, things just like what your experiencing now. *One of my buddies in my guild had something similar happen only when he was playing WoW, his keyboard would just shutoff, he could use it if he logged off but in order to use it in game he had to reboot his computer. *It was fixed after we updated all his drivers.

well i have just gone through device manager checking for upgrades and nothing apart from one for my mouse, still doesnt work :\

Wish it was that simple, try to go to the actual*manufactures*of your hardware (specifically motherboard, cpu and gpu) as windows isn't always the most up to date. *It's not perfect but a free program called slimdriver is pretty good at fetching the most up to date drivers http://download.cnet.com/SlimDrivers...-75279940.html *
    NZXT Phantom

Deleted
    Wish it was that simple, try to go to the actual*manufactures*of your hardware (specifically motherboard, cpu and gpu) as windows isn't always the most up to date. *It's not perfect but a free program called slimdriver is pretty good at fetching the most up to date drivers http://download.cnet.com/SlimDrivers...-75279940.html *

Thanks, will give that a go.

i know that exiting wow fixes the problem, but i kinda wana find out what caused it since its happened a few times now

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 12:42 PM ----------

right so i updated all the drivers now, but i have turned my pc on or off, so i will have no idea if the issue is actually fixed since i have no idea what caused the issue or made them stop working suddenly.