Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IstharaEU View Post
    Not sure if trolling or just stupid? To half of the people above.

JC IS THE WORST BECAUSE THEY NOW ONLY GIVE YOU +51 AGILITY / STRENGTH / INTELLECT OR WHATEVER YOU PREFER. Are you able to read that? or..?

Blacksmithing is probably the best due to the epic gems, then i would go for any other crafting profession except JC. For maxing DPS, the on-use glove enchant for Engineering is quite good. If you use it at the right time, it will be a lot more beneficial than the other professions. Tailoring is also recommended.
    Just. Avoid. Jewelcrafting.
    JC is on par with the other crafting professions (bar Blacksmithing if you stick epic gems in your prismatic sockets) if you still have 3 or more rare gems in your gear (I reckon this applies to most people). If you have two, one or no rare gems in your gear, then JC provides 71, 61 and 51 bonus stats respectively.

It's not as horrible as you make it out to be. I reckon the majority of people only have a handful of epic gems in their gear at most, in which case JC is just as good as it's been before epic gems were implemented.

If you want to maximize your DPS output no matter what, you buy epic gems for all your slots. And only in that situation does JC plummet to a mere 51 stat boost. My guess is that the OP is your average raider, in which case JC is still a solid profession. If the OP was in a top end guild that spares no expense to equip their raiders, he/she wouldn't be asking this question.

All but gathering proffs are very close so which ones you pick doesnt matter that much atm.

Jc is a bit behind now since they didnt upgrade the jc only gems compared to epic ones but no biggie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blacksmithing and Enchanting give you the best of the best.*

2 extra sockets

2 extra enchants.

Deleted
    Tbh it doesn't matter what you pick atm. Unless you power-grind those proffs to max, the content will be nerfed so hard it won't matter which proffs you have since the difference is so small. When MoP is released I'll bet the "stat-boost-proffs" will all be equalized(Not the gathering-proffs).

However... just to add "my 2 cents":

For pure stat-boosts with full epic gems: BS(+100 mainstat) >> Enchanting/LW/Inscription*(+80 mainstat) > JC(+51 mainstat) >> Skinning(+5% crit) > Mining(+5% hp)
    *Inscription does remove the need to grind Terazane-rep, LW reduces the costs of leg-enchants.

For procs/On-use : Tailoring*/Engineering/Herbalism - not sure how these measure up against each other, so just gonna leave these here. Herbalism might be overlooked, since it provides a On-use effect, but without removing an enchant.
    *Tailoring reduces the cost of leg-enchants.

Not sure if some of the above has been changed, but at least his is how I remember the proffs :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now?

Caster: Tailoring+Blacksmithing

Melee: Blacksmithing+Engineering

this is actual fact, not opinion. Any other answer is just wrong.

I like the benefits of tailoring/enchanting on my DK - Swordguard Embroidery + 40str enchants on both rings combine for a large dps gain, but I think Blizz has done a good job at balancing most professions out regardless of what you're rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Montiugus View Post

Because Blacksmithing give me more slot for gem and when I go Raids or Dungeons I can Disenchant my item.

Please give me your opinion.
    What does disenchanting an item have to do with maxing your DPS? For enchanting the topic would be the ring enchants which I think are in-line with the other +80 stat bonuses from other profs. It comes down to BS for extra gems and then engineering or tailoring enchant/enhancements that might provide a better boost than the flat 80 stat boost.

blacksmithing(with cata epics) and enigneering all the way

since people keep saying "JC IMO!!" let's review:

JC is no longer the best, if you have access to epic gems (through gold or raiding). Why you ask? The typical +40 Str/Int/Mastery gem has been replaced by the +50 epic versions. This means the Chimera (+67 stat) which used to give a net +81 stat over your standard rare gems (3X Chimera's = (67-40)*3 in bonus stats) now only give +51 stin bonus stats, or (67-50)*3. This is significantly worse than the other professions which did not change with the addition of epic gems, save for the bonus socket from Blacksmithing which gains an extra +10 stat due to the ability to put an epic gem in that slot.

Deleted
    Random question here, but aren't profession bonuses BELOW RNG ?

Deleted
    blacksmithing

BS + Tailor for casters.
    BS + Engineering for others.

Leatherworking is also good for speed drums, but pure dps wise its below the above professions.

How much average Int I should get from Lightweave Embroidery?

Why Engineering for others because Synapse Springs share a cooldown with another trinket?

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    What does disenchanting an item have to do with maxing your DPS? For enchanting the topic would be the ring enchants which I think are in-line with the other +80 stat bonuses from other profs. It comes down to BS for extra gems and then engineering or tailoring enchant/enhancements that might provide a better boost than the flat 80 stat boost.
    I mean I can get +80stat and I also can DE items.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    tailoring >>> BS >> others +80stat > JC > farmer professions
    This is the correct hierarchy of dps to professions for the general audience. In certain situations, however, you will find that a +80 stat profession or engineering will provide more dps for your particular situation.

It is also worth noting that "other +80stat" is equivalent to JC in the event that you are using 3 or more rare quality gems in your gear (ie. Inferno Ruby) It does not diminish until you are replacing epic quality gems (ie. Queen's Garnet) with your chimera eyes. *Similarly, BS does not become a +100stat profession unless you have all epic gems in the rest of your gear as well. *This may seem counter-intuitive due to the fact that you put epic gems in sockets that you would not have otherwise had, but when the rest of your gear has rare quality gems, those two epic gems you put into the blacksmithing sockets could have been in other available sockets for the same increase.

For example, if you do a great amount of your damage based on 1 minute cooldown abilities, and you do not have an on-use trinket, you would probably do best with tailoring/engineering. The reason for this is because they both give you a significant increase every 1 minute, so you can line synapse springs with the embroidery to have a great bonus on that 1minute ability. I only say this to the casters out there for now because I know lightweave embroidery is on a 60 second ICD, if the others are not on 60 seconds then they would not apply to the above.

Contrary to the first example, if you do a great majority of your damage when casting or using abilities with a 90 second cooldown then it can be better to have BS and another +80 stat profession so you can have more consistent dps on that 90 second cooldown, and maximize the large source of your damage and have less perhaps "wasted" time when your lightweave embroidery (in the case of casters) procs but you are not using it to it's full potential.

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Montiugus View Post
    How much average Int I should get from Lightweave Embroidery?

Why Engineering for others because Synapse Springs share a cooldown with another trinket?

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 11:56 PM ----------

I mean I can get +80stat and I also can DE items.
    Engineering does share cooldown with other on-use trinkets.*

Lightweave embroidery gives you an average of 145 intellect (if you proc it right as the 60 second ICD ends) over the 60 second ICD, however, it replaces a +50 int cloak enchant so you have to reduce that average to 95 intellect, and once you consider the time it takes to proc, it'll typically between 90 and 93 average intellect gained.

Regarding you listing the ability to DE items as an extra perk for enchanting, you can list many other things that are extra perks of various professions. *A JC does not need to go through the hassle of having other people cut their gems. *An engineer can use nitro boots (which can actually be a dps increase) albeit at a risk of taking extra damage, but they reduced the proc chance and nerfed the damage it does so it's not even a guaranteed raid wipe when it happens anymore. *(as it was in 4.0)

Off topic: *Has anyone else had * symbols appearing throughout their posts, there are countless littered throughout this post that I didn't put there myself (except that one), around parts that I edited in or changed after I originally posted. *I've never noticed this happening in my 576 previous posts.
    Last edited by Aethilus; 2012-03-08 at 12:36 AM.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

It really depends on what class you are. Each prof gives some sort of benefit that is about +80 stats(unless you have full epic gems then JC gives 51 and BS 100). Now if the profession gives you a cloak enchant that is your primary stat but the highest enchant you can get otherwise is not a primary stat that profession will give you a higher boost.

For example. Early in Cata there were no +50 agi/str/int to bracers enchants. There was expertise and crit and haste I think. Leatherworking gave +130 stat bracer enchants for agi/str/int so LW would give you much more than an 80 stat benefit.

Engineerings perks are very situational but if you use them right they can give you more dps than a static +80 stat bonus.

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    BS + Tailor for casters.
    BS + Engineering for others.

Leatherworking is also good for speed drums, but pure dps wise its below the above professions.
    Drums dont work above lvl 80.

I will also prefer Enchanting+Blacksmithing.

I would like to play Paladin and Warlock.
    What are 2 best professions for them to do max DPS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blacksmithing and jc together would net the highest stat increase, chimera gems and extra slots together do wonders, enchanting is a close second but the profession specific stuff isnt so strong compared too jcing.

Deleted
    LW + BS
    expensive, though.