Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can I get banned for this

Me and two friends of mine are going to Retaliation at the end of the season to get a freebie gladiator, seeing how that ladder is dead. Now some guy caught onto our conversation and threatened to get me banned for ''cheating'' and now I'm kind of nervous of doing it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your getting a server xfer to get a mount/chieve... nothing wrong at all with it.

Edit1: Theres no special rules against server xfering for specific reasons.

Edit2: They will also enjoy your $55 each :P

didn't know there was a rule against pvping on a dead battlegroup, or any battlegroup for that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing against the rules for carrying people to high ratings. Only if you pay real money for it.

It's perfectly legal to swap servers and continue to do arena.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

You can't figure out the answer to that and you're shooting for glad? Save yourself some xfer money, imo.

You and your friends are a bunch of sad individuals. *Way to shoot for being the best of the worst! L2P.

Quote Originally Posted by lenthe View Post
    You and your friends are a bunch of sad individuals. *Way to shoot for being the best of the worst! L2P.
    Sad individual is a 2500 player that has done over four carries for gold in S11, where people struggle the most on NIGHTFALL and Bloodlust....Yeah....No.

Wait, so what exactly is it you're doing?
    Server transferring to get into a 'group' where you'll get easy wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Paigeyotto View Post
    i think they r Xfering with a high rating to a dead pvp battle group server so they end on top of that battle group and get title and mount,

as for getting banned for doin it, if u think is wrong, then blizz prbly thinks is wrong too, so...if u want to take the chance...
    Last edited by galileoacosta; 2012-03-07 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paigeyotto View Post
    Yep. Considering we're all above average players in full T2 and the best gems, it will be a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Yep. Considering we're all above average players in full T2 and the best gems, it will be a joke
    Well, I'm not sure if that's considered exploiting. Wouldn't that be the same concept as those guilds transferring to reset raid lockouts to get gear faster or when they did it for legendaries?

10+ Year Old Account
    all you are doing is transferring realm, whether you play arena or raid has nothing to do with anything it's all part of the game, you really think that people who transfer are suddenly not allowed to get glad? or rank 1? w/e

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 06:44 AM ----------

2.25k is glad over there or something stupidly low rating like that, what a joke lol

You just publicized it, effectively ruining your chances if any current duelists or gladiators (on more active battlegroups) decide to move over there - so I would say no there's absolutely nothing wrong with what you're going to do, whatsoever.

I thought they had put a stop to things like this? For example transferring to a server to get Server First, I thought you had to wait x amount of time before trying.

Just remember you have to leave all arena teams before you xfer. But if 2.25k is glad you can easily regain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    You just publicized it, effectively ruining your chances if any current duelists or gladiators (on more active battlegroups) decide to move over there - so I would say no there's absolutely nothing wrong with what you're going to do, whatsoever.
    Hope you're kidding, this is like the oldest known thing to do to get a free glad title if you're at a high rating....he'll be perfectly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see nothing nothing with transfering on a somewhat empty Battlegroup and do arena in it.

Because that's what it is: transfering into another battlegroup to do arena in. Nothing more, nothing less.

In fact, Blizzard might even be happy you do it. Playing in a dead server instead of a full one.

Oh, and better yet, you could ask them yourself. Send a ticked.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-03-07 at 07:32 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how you can't carry your current arena team with you anyways, meaning it doesn't xfer along with your current arena team rating, it isn't really cheating. You need to do it before the end of the season though because you will have to work your new team rating back up to rank one. Not to mention, there are some stipulations to getting those arena titles, such as you are ineligible to get them if you recently xfered near the end of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Sad individual is a 2500 player that has done over four carries for gold in S11, where people struggle the most on NIGHTFALL and Bloodlust....Yeah....No.
    just ignore them

turning a thread into a pissing match is how threads get closed

but go the way of any wow troll and tell them that you dont give a fuck, because that's how you roll

like sometimes i exploit this bug that lets me fly at 350% speed w/o being on a mount. i kill people who kill players in duels and think they are cute when they just fly up in the air on their mount. someday i will get suspended for it, but it will have been worth it every single time

plus you can't just get straight up banned if you are doing something dumb. you will recieve warnings and suspensions first before any long-term action is taken.