Deleted

Maybe its time for a nerf for the quality of Jewelcrafting in Mists of Pandaria.

It's for a few expansions now that when the epics hit everyone that can touch prospecting becomes rich in days.*

Also, it even gives 1 stat extra so you can see some silly choices like a clothy with a JC profession.

I would say make the game interesting and remove the extra socket gems. Give it an interesting proc like tailoring's. I suggest to mainly favor tanks.*

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It's for a few expansions now that when the epics hit everyone that can touch prospecting becomes rich in days.*
    Because you can prospect Cataclysm epic gems right

Also, it even gives 1 stat extra so you can see some silly choices like a clothy with a JC profession.
    Huh? What's silly about a clothy with jewelcrafting? Does it make more sense for a proud sturdy warrior to be fiddling around with shiny gems?

The whole idea is that anyone can pick any profession and that professions do not favor specific classes or specs. While there are some minor diferences between the benefits from professions right now, the balance is close enough for those difference to be trivial. I'd say that's exactly how the game should be.

Moreover, making extreme profits with other professions is just as easy, you just gotta know how.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see more ways to obtain uncut gems in future at least. Only gems and inks are as difficult to get in terms of needing abilities bound to your actual crafting profession and only one of those is needed in large quantities by everyone, jewelcrafter or otherwise. That's why prospecting gets you so rich.

Ok you can sometimes get gems from mining nodes or as drops, but both are very rare considering the quantities of gems you need in gear these days.

Deleted
    Well jewelcrafting has been nerfed already when the epic gems appeared - the JCs-only gems used to give a 27 stat advantage which now has been brought down to 17 while the blacksmiths benefit more from their 2 extra sockets.

Also don't forget that you need ore for prospecting - so you either need a second profession plus a substantial amount of farming or you have to play the auction house. But then again playing the auction house can earn you a fortune without any profession at all.

JC gives less personal stats than the other crafting profession now that epic gems are in.

Yes, JC can make alot of money, but its time related. Pre DS I could make significantly more money with BS and Disenchanting than JC, but I heard no outcry to nerf those professions.

u dont become auto rich just cos u can prospect, it takes lots of time spent in front of ah constantly undercutting and playing the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might I suggest you try a slightly bigger shoe size my good man, clearly the ones your wearing now must be 4½ numbers to small.

The more people complain about ridiculous things, the more streamlined n' bland the game becomes which I will bet my hat on, is why the game keeps dwindling in numbers! If anything they should bring back things like profession specific quest and items only usable to the crafter, naturally making them viable at end-game content without making them BiS equivalent.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-03-07 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    the grass is always greener on the other side

Alchemy really needs some method of converting Gems of One color to Gems of another (say convert 2 of X and 1 of Y into 1 Z gem). This would help clean up some of the "useless" gems. I know my JC alt has stacks of Green, Blue and Yellow gems that I practically can not give away, meanwhile Red gems cost an arm and both legs and Orange / Purple ones are not that far behind.

Either that, or they need to tweak the way the stats / colors work to avoid the current situation where pretty much every gem that can not be cut to have either Pure Agi / Str / Int or some combo of Agi / Str / int and a secondary stat are pretty much vendor fodder.