Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

High School's Chant "USA USA USA" deemed racist!

Some kids in a texas school won their basketball game and chanted "USA USA USA"*

They were then banned for being racist, since most the kids on the enemy team are minorities. Have they forgotten which damn country they live in? Even the school apologized for being racist. The kids chanting" USA" got banned from the finals too.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

http://www.ksat.com/news/defenders/R...2/-/index.html

Do you think this is racist?
    Last edited by golds; 2012-03-07 at 06:59 PM.

This is definitely a lolwut moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Tell me, was there any other than US teams competing? Then what's the underlying meaning of that chant since it didn't actually mean what you thought it meant in that context?

Considering that American isn't a race, but a nationality, I don't see how this can be racist..

Deleted
    No. It isn't racist. Not even in the slightest.

I think someone needs to link the school administration the Steve Hughes video.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame that something like this isn't even surprising anymore.
    Of course it's not bloody racist.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 2012-03-07 at 07:01 PM.

Deleted
    why were they chanting USA USA USA when they playing another USA team, i thought the chant was for when you beat a non-usa team. anyway, don't really see how its racist lol.

Wait what?
    I don't even.... What?

its not racist to support your nation. no matter who your playing. Its being a nationalist. Who makes these decisions anyway cuz they are RETARDED.

Don't see how it is racist? even if its being played by minority teams, its still not racist as the minorities are also americans. it would be one thing if they chanted white white or something along the line, but this is not racist at all.

So... are they trying to say the kids chanting USA were indicating that the "minority" team is not part of the US/not deserving to be in the US or something?

Sounds more to me like just a bunch of excited kids chanting with no real direction behind it. Didn't seem to indicate that they were rubbing it in the other teams faces or anything. Perhaps there's more to the story that's not in the article.

Deleted
    reminds me of something i (think) heard in sweden, some1 was wearing/waving a swedish flag or something and was called racist

*facepalm*

of course that's not racist! they're getting their words mixed up, they probably mean "nationalist" or "patriotic" which are hardly bad things at the level shown.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It is obvious the kids were using the chant in a derogatory sort of way to indicate "We don't consider you Americans, go back to Mexico."*

Kids will be kids.
    Taka of Deus Vox

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Considering that American isn't a race, but a nationality, I don't see how this can be racist..
    Racism also includes ethnicism and similar.
    It's still ridiculous...

racist? lol no

More like utter stupidity

After reading it, the title should be "Losing Basketball Team butt-hurt, calls other team racist"

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    Me neither. Whoever got offended by this chant needs to be smacked with a dictionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

after watching that vid, if i facepalm any harder my hand might go thought my skull.....wtf is wrong with ppl, damn.

After reading it, the title should be "Losing Basketball Team butt-hurt, calls other team racist"
    lol so true

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnok- View Post
    racist? lol no

More like utter stupidity
    whats stupid about it?