Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Super Smash Brothers~!!

Hey guys i decided to make a Super Smash Brothers thread My friends who came back for spring break (college) have gotten me into Brawl again, and last night i had some of the best brawls ive had in awhile. One of them is Fox, and i am Falco so its been like a rivalry since melee

Anyway, what is your favorite character? Do you have a 2nd favorite?

What character do you absolutely HATE fighting? And what is your favorite stage

My favorite character is Falco because he floats when he jumps. I love air battles My 2nd favorite is Ike, more than likely because his B --> move is very similar to Falco's.

I absolutely HATE versing Olimar -_-, just his attacks annoy the crap out of me. And my favorite course is Jungle Japes. With my play style of air combat and Falco's floatyness, Jungle Japes is the perfect battlefield for me

Your turn!
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

Looking back, I probably enjoyed melee more, but brawl was pretty damn fun as well.

My favorite character has to be bowser, though he's fairly slow, and as such I find difficult to work with against faster characters like fox, and meta knight. I suppose my best character though, would be ROB, he's just so mobile and fast, with his B being an unbeatable poke, and his combos aren't to shabby either. I've also enjoyed Dedede a lot, but hell, he's even slower than bowser

As for characters I hate, Fox and Meta Knight easily make the top two. Both so incredibly fast, and Fox's gun can rack damage easily. If you play with the smash ball, Fox's final smash is easily one of the strongest as well, can get you two kills if you're not prepared.

I really don't like how they changed Bowser's B+> in brawl to grapple and belly flop, it was much stronger in melee as a fairly decent ranged melee move, and a regular throw if you catch them close enough.

I liked Melee a lot, but Brawl was my favourite. Those were the only fighting games I could really get into to.

Favourite character? Probably Pit, for Brawl. I also like the Ice Climbers for some odd reason.

Favourite stage? Hard to choose. I guess for Melee it would be Hyrule Castle, and from Brawl it's either Spear Pillar or Bridge of Eldin.

I don't think there any characters I hated fighting. Hated playing maybe, like Peach and Ness/Lucas.

Deleted
    If only Nintendo was not incompetent when it comes to online...Brawl would have been my favorite game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    If only Nintendo was not incompetent when it comes to online...Brawl would have been my favorite game ever.
    Not once have I had trouble with their online play for SSB or Kart.

Anyway...

My all-time favorite is Samus. <3

Deleted
    It's not just the lag, it's the whole crappy system. What it needs is leaderboards, lobbies, ranks, server browsers. Not shitty friend codes. The whole online infrastructure is just pathetic compared to what PS3 and Xbox360 offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    It's not just the lag, it's the whole crappy system. What it needs is leaderboards, lobbies, ranks, server browsers. Not shitty friend codes.
    Oh yes, definitely agreed on that then, I apologize. :P

Not sure what they were thinking when they decided on that. Hopefully their next system comes with a decent revamp to their online play/community. >.<

Trying to get mewtwo and mr game and watch was just.... BLARGH
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have a favorite character per-say, but I enjoy playing Olimar, ice climbers, and Ness. Whenever I play with other people who feel they are the best ever when playing with overly cheap characters like Ike, Pit, Meta Knight or Link its just hilarious beating them with one of the characters they would only pick if it was a last resort. I enjoy Link and Ike not for their ridiculous combos but their nostalgic feeling OoT and the Fire Emblem series.
    OT: Speaking of which wtb new Fire Emblem game for 3DS $@W)V)@%$@)%@B%

Pokemon Friend Code:2406-5530-6363 Ghost Safari! PM me to add you!

I avidly played all 3 games, my favorite being Melee.
    Original: Kirby
    Melee: Falco
    Brawl: Sonic

I did not like the changes made to Falco going from Melee to Brawl (he felt slow and clunky) so naturally I went for the fastest character I could find in Brawl .
    My favorite stage was the Star Fox
    I really hated fighting players who were really really good with Kirby.. If you got knocked off the level there is no way they are ever letting you back on.

Skelington played a lot of characters, but his most were Link/Young Link and Roy/Ike. He also plays Pokemon Trainer, Peach, Samus/Zero suit, Luigi, and Falco quite often.
    Worst ones to fight are Sonic and Snake out of all the games. Sonic just annoys the piss out of Skelington and Snake is a dick.

Can't think of stages right now.

Eagerly awaiting the Wii U/3DS SSB games.

Melee takes the cake for me. Brawl comes in a close 2nd though. My favorite character since the classic has been Ness. Can't wait for the new Smash bros games as well. Playing smash on my 3ds sounds delightful.
    every dream I have wants me to stay

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated Melee with a passion. The way the controls and gameplay changed compared to the original just pissed me off. Brawl felt like it came back closer to the original and I liked it alot more.

The original is still my absolute favorite. I am a boss with Captain Falcon and Luigi.

In smash bros I played mostly Mario, Fox, and Kirby

Melee: Mario, Dr Mario, Fox, Captain Falcon, and Roy.

Brawl: Wario and Diddy Kong

Screw Metaknight, Sonic, Snake, and Ike. I hate when people pick those in 4 way FFA w/ smashball on.

The only stages I like are battlefield and final destination.

I have to say I hate what they did with brawl. The game has slowed down and the tripping crap is total bullshit. On top of a slower game damage was nerfed significantly and spiking was some random effect that happened every now and then which is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    One of the best games ever.*Favored*and most played*character*is Wolf. I like others but he is number one for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, I never played Brawl but you couldn't get me away from Melee. I loved setting up pokemon battles. Load up Pokemon Stadium, set all the items to Pokeballs, and let the glorious chaos commence. You'd be racing around the stage so much you'd barely even attack each other directly.

I played melee religiously and got very good at it, even made some cash from local tournys. I love Brawl even more, and I love what*http://balancedbrawl.net/ does to the gameplay. Check it out.

Melee > Brawl > Original for me.
    Was at a friends house recently and played the original Smash, made me remember how slow and unresponsive it was compared to Melee and Brawl. I preferred the speed of melee compared to Brawl, but Brawl had much better balancing for sure.
    My favorite characters:
    Marth - Simple but reflects the players skills/reaction time very well. Plus I'm a giant Fire Emblem fan.
    R.O.B. - Good recovery, great zoning through his specials and air moves.
    Sheik - Moreso in Melee, but was slowed down too much in Brawl.
    Lucas - Like ROB he has great zoning through his specials which are supported well by his air attacks.
    Game and Watch - Good for trolling people because of his attack animations being hard to read.
    I'd like Meta Knight more if he wasn't so button-mashy.
    None of the characters are annoying to fight against as long as you know where to keep them the entire fight.
    Favorite stage is Final Destination because I like to do no item matches on it.

The original SSB is my favourite video game and is still our standard go-to each weekend.. Melee's a close second. Or more specifically, I much prefer Melee for 1v1, but personally, there's something more fun about SSB64 for 3-4 players. It's so concentrated on offense rather than defense, which is usually more amusing as a party game.

Falcon and Link are my favourites in SSB. Link's terrible, I know, but that sorta makes it fun for me.. but I'd never pick him if at a tournament or something. Both of them are also some of my favourites to play in Melee, though nowadays I think I'm best with Sheik...

As for Brawl... eh. I like playing as Ike and Snake, but as a whole I find it much less fun than its predecessors... I can't stand the controls for one (I know the buttons are the same, but I hate the sensitivity and queuing up actions), and a lot of it seems too random... Very gimmicky stages, overpowered items if you choose to use them, tripping, and so on. If I had to pick a main here, I'd say Zelda, but I don't remember if I've even played Brawl at all since 2009...

my two favorites are definitely Dedede and Lucario, my friends absolutely hate versing me when I use either because I just toss them around like rag dolls. Dedede's >B is so good for harassing, and it stops most projectiles.

and of course, can't forget infinite quick-attack juggle with Pikachu =)