Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    Its useless filler content now. The leveling grind for it is boring. I believe more players would be interested in the game if they could skip that useless content grind, and get to access to the main features from the start rather than wasting time with the 1-80 crap.

This is the issue I had with CATA.*

Blizzard spent most of the resources developing useless low level content. Revamping useless low level zones. So much wasted content on low level areas, that could have been made for endgame instead.

The levels in WoW hurt the game more than it help.*
    Mentoring like Guild Wars 2 does, will be the best way to make older content more fun for all.

Or if not that, I would simply suggest getting rid of the 1-80 levels and make the game 1-10 instead. And change all low level content to max level content.
    May as well get rid of that useless 81-84 crap. And all that gearing crap. Just give us all our heroic ilevel epics and legendaries. Fuck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidur View Post
    If you don't like the leveling 'grind', don't level. Be content where you're at and leave the 'filler' for people who enjoy it.
    That would be interesting, if only for the flaw in it,
    Is that Features In The game are locked off by levels.
    So if I like large RvR, I can't do AV/Wintergrasp/etc until I am a certain level.

Again, the FUN stuff is cut off by useless level grind. It's boring. New players want Fun. Why hold them back from the fun, with useless filler content of the old?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

I think its a good idea, I have never played WoW and I won't because of the leveling grind I'd have to go through.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    That would be interesting, if only for the flaw in it,
    Is that Features In The game are locked off by levels.
    So if I like large RvR, I can't do AV/Wintergrasp/etc until I am a certain level.

Again, the FUN stuff is cut off by useless level grind. It's boring. New players want Fun. Why hold them back from the fun, with useless filler content of the old?
    Fun is subjective.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    The exact reason I have trouble playing a DK is because I didn't spend the first 55 levels getting used to the class mechanics, buttons, rotations, and gimmicks. I deleted and re-rolled my lvl 80 bear who I raided on during Wrath, because they changed bear/boomkin enough that I felt the need to level it from scratch to understand how it played out in the new way.

So, no. I'm one of those players who uses 1-84 as a training tool for my class, before simply hitting EJ and rockin' out in LFR at 85.
    That's clearly your fault. DK talents and abilities are given to you at a pace where if you have played before, which you should have because I'm pretty sure you need a character at a certain level for a dk, you should be able to pick up how the class works. If you play it mindlessly, you will get no result but a level 58 DK, but like I said it's your fault. By the time you get out of the DK starting zone there is like less then ten spells available to you and not all even necessary. And last but not least you stil have 27 levels to try to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Knotss View Post
    I think its a good idea, I have never played WoW and I won't because of the leveling grind I'd have to go through.
    Haha, oh god. You think Cata leveling is a grind?

Troll on, honestly.

Mod Edit: Don't call people a troll please.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-03-08 at 07:18 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    An odd post to find on a WoW forum

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    An odd post to find on a WoW forum
    Eh, I make my way around town.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I make my way around town.
    So it seems heh.

This applies to any game, honestly. It sounds like you just want to be able to reap the rewards without working.
    Hey that's why I like the fact that TSW scrapped the flawed themepark Level Design system.

Also GW2 allow players of any level to scale up to do content. No more wasting time with useless filler content, before getting to the FUN features.

The Level Grind, is one of them old traditions, that simply need to go.

Blizzard made MMO's popular by getting rid of many of them old Traditions, that were believed to be standard back then.*

And level grinds are another traditional standard, that simply hurts the game more that it helps. It simply need to go.

How much better would a fail game like Warhammer Online would have been if it had no useless level grind, and the whole world was endgame instead?

Same thing here.

The whole world as endgame is much greater, than having a few high level zones out of the entire world*

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 02:18 AM ----------

It's an mmorpg - not a tivoli.
    umm, interesting.
    So
    MMORPG = Level Grind?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted
    Well they've almost abolished levelling over the years to take zilch time now and at the same rate they've been stagnating and now losing customers. It's the sense of "work for progress"that's been the foundation of the game from the start. At the same rate they abandoned that principle, they've lost their success formula.

I'd say, go back to the vanilla/TBC formula of levelling being at the forefront, and end game being, well the game at the end of the bulk of it all.

Whenever they release an expansion people come back in droves, because then you have levelling back in the game, for a few months, and then when that is done, people quit playing again.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hey that's why I like the fact that TSW scrapped the flawed themepark Level Design system.

Also GW2 allow players of any level to scale up to do content. No more wasting time with useless filler content, before getting to the FUN features.

The Level Grind, is one of them old traditions, that simply need to go.

Blizzard made MMO's popular by getting rid of many of them old Traditions, that were believed to be standard back then.*

And level grinds are another traditional standard, that simply hurts the game more that it helps. It simply need to go.

How much better would a fail game like Warhammer Online would have been if it had no useless level grind, and the whole world was endgame instead?

Same thing here.

The whole world as endgame is much greater, than having a few high level zones out of the entire world*
    The thing that needs to go is the idea that just because something is old, it needs to go. And Warhammer didn't fail because of a mere level 40 grind (which was hardly a grind) it failed due to a complete lack of updates and because EA moved most of the people away from it to work on Swtor instead. Honestly your posts screams lazy and we get the fact that you think GW2 will be the Messiah, but please, let's wait and see eh?

... Oh and your asteriks truly makes no sense.

I'm on board with Knighthonor on this one. Now, I'm not sure how this would work entirely, but what I do know is that the grinding is boring. I have 3 85's and so badly want another so I can enjoy WoW again, but I can't bring myself to level. Why? Because the hours of grinding, of doing the same thing over and over, and the QUEUES (Oh god the queues.) Is so mind-numbingly boring and tedious I'd just rather turn away from WoW then level. This is just my opinion, of course, but Blizzard wasted an entire expansion building up the old questing zones (Not much of an*improvement*to be honest, just a a graphical update with a few spit-shines here and there) for nothing. They're boring and just another thing that makes me dislike WoW.

Yeah i want more people running around at 85 with no idea how to play there class too.....o wait, no i dont

Fun is subjective.
    that's not the point.

Features are blocked from players by level requirements to unlock them.

I can't jump into WoW and start playing AV, EoTS, Raid, Dungeons, SoTA, from the start.

You have to grind levels.

Well what if I find those features to be the fun of the game, but not killing useless quest mobs?

Well I can't do anything about that, since all the features in the game are locked by levels. Killing a mob, isn't .

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 02:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazcakeforu View Post
    Yeah i want more people running around at 85 with no idea how to play there class too.....o wait, no i dont
    Oh wait, LEVEL GRIND, SOLVES THAT!!!! Oops, guess not...
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    that's not the point.

Features are blocked from players by level requirements to unlock them.

I can't jump into WoW and start playing AV, EoTS, Raid, Dungeons, SoTA, from the start.

You have to grind levels.

Well what if I find those features to be the fun of the game, but not killing useless quest mobs?

Well I can't do anything about that, since all the features in the game are locked by levels. Killing a mob, isn't .
    You can pvp at level 10, and do dungeons at lvl 15... Oh and isn't doing a dungeon the same as grinding mobs?

... Oh and yes, you CAN do something about it - you can level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it would be smart to just trash the content they spent a couple of years redoing at the expense of pretty much an entire expansion.

It's for new players. This should be obvious but apparently some people don't get it. Leveling through it is no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Because it would be smart to just trash the content they spent a couple of years redoing at the expense of pretty much an entire expansion.

It's for new players. This should be obvious but apparently some people don't get it. Leveling through it is no big deal.
    But it's still a deal, correct? Wouldn't you rather spend that time leveling and being bored on something more fun seeing as how you're paying for this entertainment?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor;15807892
    [SIZE=1
    ---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 02:18 AM ----------[/SIZE]

[/COLOR]umm, interesting.
    So
    MMORPG = Level Grind?
    Quite frankly - yes. But of course, one mans grind is anothers joy. I hate the idea of grinding honor points in BG's - others love that. Fun is subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Oh and your asteriks truly makes no sense.
    Off-topic and FYI: the asterisks are a bug in the MMO-C stuff somewhere.