Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pathetic Loot system.

So, after months of farming Heroic Hour of Twilight for the Veil of Lies trinket on my paladin, it finally just dropped. HOORAY i thought, carried dps doing 5k through this place surely they wont take it. BOY WAS I WRONG.

Not only did the pathetic dk roll on it, but so too did the HUNTER and the HUNTER won it. HOW IN THE HOLY HELL is that a fair loot system where a f$%^ing hunter can roll on tank loot and win it still.

They wonder why they lose subs and have people whinge and bitch at them, it really just boggles me.

So what about you guys, what douchebags have stolen loot you've been farming. And did you put in a ticket to abuse the (now) much smaller amount of CS reps like me ?

To be honest, these days. If i run 5 mens on alts.
    And i am not in a guild group, i basically just go in with the "capping points" mindset.
    I simply do my best and shrug when i notice yet another douchebag action. for the 2-3 rotten apples i run into 7 others are pleasant enough to group with.

Don't come here to whine about douches when you respond by acting like one when things don't go your way.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    So, after months of farming Heroic Hour of Twilight for the Veil of Lies trinket on my paladin, it finally just dropped. HOORAY i thought, carried dps doing 5k through this place surely they wont take it. BOY WAS I WRONG.

Not only did the pathetic dk roll on it, but so too did the HUNTER and the HUNTER won it. HOW IN THE HOLY HELL is that a fair loot system where a f$%^ing hunter can roll on tank loot and win it still.

They wonder why they lose subs and have people whinge and bitch at them, it really just boggles me.

So what about you guys, what douchebags have stolen loot you've been farming. And did you put in a ticket to abuse the (now) much smaller amount of CS reps like me ?

I think my favorite loot system fail is that people are winning offspec gear over people needing for mainspec...Can't say how many times i've lost the token to someone that already has their set, they just want it for their offspec...that's great...still don't have my 2piece because of this. *But hey, "working as intended"...right?
    NZXT Phantom
    ASRock Extreme4 Gen3 | I5 2500k | EVGA GTX 560 TI
    8gb Corsair Vengence | 60gb Agility3 SSD | 1tb Seagate 7200rpm

Deleted
    Yeah put in a ticket so the wait times go up, but you know what? GM's can't and wont do anything in this situation...
    btw, this has been discussed thousands of times, just search the forums and you have your opinions, no need to open a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    To be honest, these days. If i run 5 mens on alts.
    And i am not in a guild group, i basically just go in with the "capping points" mindset.
    I simply do my best and shrug when i notice yet another douchebag action. for the 2-3 rotten apples i run into 7 others are pleasant enough to group with.

Yes there are good people out there but really when theres a hunter doing 4k dps the whole instance and then takes tank loot. Really...*

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gladria View Post
    I think my favorite loot system fail is that people are winning offspec gear over people needing for mainspec...Can't say how many times i've lost the token to someone that already has their set, they just want it for their offspec...that's great...still don't have my 2piece because of this. *But hey, "working as intended"...right?
    Definitely, i think i need to get out of the mindset of people actually realising that they dont want and cannot use the gear so they should pass on it for those who can. Ah well, they want people to stay and play alts and they just royally screw them over every time.

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Don't come here to whine about douches when you respond by acting like one when things don't go your way.
    Read the post then take your smart ass elsewhere k thx <3

Blizzard just needs to implement a role bonus to dungeon loot as in LFR loot. The only problem with that is it'd probably break several important raid mechanics in DS, so they won't ever do it.

The first problem people make when "farming" gear or researching the gear they can get from each instance is assuming that it is theirs. How do you know they weren't farming it for months? Which I don't believe took that long to drop anyways. I always find it funny when I hear someone say in my raid they can't wait for "their" item to drop and than I pass it to a more deserving raider. The next problem they make is assuming that because they can top a meter it should be solely theirs. If anything you're overgearing the content and should be raiding HM's by now. They probably belong there more than you. As for the LFR. Screw everyone who isn't partied with me beforehand. If you think I'm gonna let tier tokens go to you douchebags in LFR you're out of your mind. Now after I've won it if there's a pug who actually needs it and is nice and not spamming lfr than yea I'll give it to them. But I've played long enough to know that 95% of you in lfr are rolling need on everything regardless. Well, so am I.

10+ Year Old Account

They implemented LFR for goodness sake!~!!! *Why are people so pissy about loot when it all comes from a brand new service which point is for you to do the raid? *Wanna get loot under YOUR standards of fairness? *Get a real raid guild or something!!!!!!!!

The community has some standards of fairness that really don't matter. *You could write novels on "fairness" of how to distribute loot and no one would agree 100%.
    THE WHOLE POINT OF LFR IS TO DO A RAID!! *Why must people focus on minutiae and bash one great tool over something so silly?
    /first world problems

you're overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I have a feeling this guy rolls on stuff like that just to piss people off.

OT: I've had this happen to me many times before, lost the agility staff to a warrior not once, but twice. It is frustrating as hell, most people don't do it because they don't know better, they do it because they feel entitled to it. They put the time in, they deserve the gold from vendoring it. That's the kind of mindset that has been cropping up more and more over the past year or so. Granted, there's always been people like that, but it's gotten much much worse lately.

They implemented LFR for goodness sake!~!!! *Why are people so pissy about loot when it all comes from a brand new service which point is for you to do the raid? *Wanna get loot under YOUR standards of fairness? *Get a real raid guild or something!!!!!!!!

The community has some standards of fairness that really don't matter. *You could write novels on "fairness" of how to distribute loot and no one would agree 100%.
    THE WHOLE POINT OF LFR IS TO DO A RAID!! *Why must people focus on minutiae and bash one great tool over something so silly?
    /first world problems
    He's not talking about LFR. He specifically stated it was HOUR OF TWILIGHT, the 5 man heroic. Besides, in LFR he wouldn't have had this problem as only himself and the other tank would have gotten the role bonus on the tank trinkets had this been in LFR.
    Last edited by Moogie423; 2012-03-08 at 08:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why you get badges for killing a boss, so even if you didn't get that item you wanted you're still leaving with something.

Shit happens, it's just a game, deal with it.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    In Lfr they had "build" a rolebonus. Me as a Holypala (3heroic items) went to the second part, just to get this shield from warmaster blackhorn. It droped but an "ENHANCER" won it. Why they create some things for "fair" lootsystem if it doesnt work? With my Hunter alt I ran the 3 new dungeons, the Back with agi dropped but a dk won it. Thats so annoying -.-

Still cant believe people get that agry they rush on here to make a thread about it.
    Also i cant take you serious...paladin carrying dps? nahh hahaha

You lose an ilvl 378 trinket, which has shit itemization, and you want to cry about it? If that's the best loot you're ever going to get, you're not going to need it anyway.
    And did you put in a ticket to abuse the (now) much smaller amount of CS reps like me ?
    Stop being a self-centred crybaby and leave the ticket queues free for people with grown-up issues, hey?

If this hunter bothered you so much during the run, you should have had him kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogie423 View Post
    I have a feeling this guy rolls on stuff like that just to piss people off.
    Actually, I have a pala healer I was in that dungeon with. The same item dropped, tank rolled on it. A dps rolled on it too (need) so I rolled need, won it and gave it to the tank. I feel ms is more fair than os and I helped the tank out. It seemed the fairest thing to do there.

Basically, dont make value judgements about me because I call a spade a spade. The OP acted like a douche by writing a completely unneeded ticket and yet you feel the need to state that you think I roll need on stuff just to annoy people?

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    You lose an ilvl 378 trinket, which has shit itemization, and you want to cry about it? If that's the best loot you're ever going to get, you're not going to need it anyway.
    This, sir, is the most frequent answer for problems like those. And it's probably the reason Blizzard won't react. Because for 1 guy whining about unfair loot system/ninjas there are 10 more that say "who cares stfu" or, just like you, "It's a shitty item anyway qq more".

There are NO shitty items. You know why?

A fresh lvl 85 needs a trinket to beat the ilvl blockade before HCs. He doesnt wanna be a pussy and buy reputation equipment that he is going to keep in bag. But then, the trinket his desperately farming, is being stolen by somebodys OS, for example. He needs to stick with normal dungeons for at least 1 more run. Literally, somebody stole him 1 hour. "QQ moar about 333 ilvl gear"

A gearing 85 wants to start progressing with his guild through DS. The guild requires him to get 4pc, because it is essescial for some fights (this character is a warrior tank). The last token he needs, chest token, is won by a hunter, who already has a normal difficulty tier chest. Sorry, no normal raiding this week. "QQ moar about LFR shit, get to normal raiding".

A level 85 warrior tank starts raiding in casual guild, with raids not far away from pugs. After killing Spine of Deathwing the awesome trinket dropped. You were the only tank on this boss, and on most of the instance. Second tank is just in his OS, and it is said next week a real tank is going to come and fill a tank spot. And the second tank loses trinket by roll. And gets loot. Leader says 'come on, his gear is way worse than you, let him at least have this trinket'.

A raider 85 kills Blackhorn HC with his guild. And the awesome hc shield dropped. As it is a great upgrade, he rolls, he wins roll. And sees the item being given to GMs brother, a retribution paladin, who wants to start prot. "Join a real guild newb, with normal guild master stop qq"

You get it? There is no item thats too bat to whine about when its being taken away. And until this is taken seiously, Blizzard wont do a shit about it.

Deleted
    Should not be that hard for Blizz to fix this, but i guess they rather lean back and have another Carlsberg.

They could for example enter another level of roll.
    Head Token drops for your class, in this example Paladin.

You enter as Holy paladin.
    You have the Holy Head item already, but would like for "offspec", you gain +100 in roll.
    You Do Not have the Holy Head item already, so you want it for your current spec, you gain +200 in roll.

You Enter as Retribuion(still same example)
    You have the Holy Head item already, but now you roll for Retri spec, since thats the spec you are currently playing you gain +200 in roll.

Then all should be fine. You get the +200 roll if your current spec lacks the setpart but only +100 if you have the item for your current spec.

And then apply this to all other items, think that shoudl solve most of it