Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryve View Post
    Question. How exactly should totem be used on this fight? I dont know exactly how it works. Is there a trick to getting it to destroy healing debuffs? Usually I hit Divine Hymn as we go into a hole and the debuffs are either wiped out or really low and everyone else is topped. Should I use Hymn along with Spirit Link?
    Spirit link just eats away the healing debuff within seconds.

We use healing hymns in phase 3 if we fall behind on plasma, and 1 spirit link during first nuclear, and another when its needed. (+ one every roll).
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2012-03-08 at 06:33 PM.

We progressed for 3 weeks pre-nerf and we did not have a single breakthrough. Everything was just about practice and doing everything perfectly till the last tendons, but I personally think it involved a lot of RNG as mages were responsible for stuns and they all legendaries, so sometimes they casted a blast for 30k and sometimes they crit for 60k + legendary proc and left us stunned during tendons = wipe.

Deleted
    <3 <3 meow

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    For stupid easymode.

1 Alg tank, 1 warrior to kite bloods in p3, 1/2dk's (warrior works to or a ret or another feral w/e) taunting bloods to the plate in p3, and a feral tank tanking bloods that go on the raid in p3.

Not like dps is an issue with the nerf.
    This is what I meant by adding a tank. No dps challenge after nerfs, challenge = surviving that many bloods. Extra tank makes it way easier.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Can anyone answer my paladin question?

to answer your question, no it's not necessarily wrong. it just depends on the how many searings you have out or what tank you're using for amalgs or how geared he is, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanoob View Post
    Can anyone answer my paladin question?
    I raid 10 mans, but this should be able to translate fairly well to a 25 man setting.
    Beacon is 100% wasted on a tank before 2-2½ tendon is down. Beacon can be used to heal searing plasma in a extremely mana effective way and should be used that way. A correct use of beacon enables healer mana to be higher for the phase of the fight where it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by muglia View Post
    I raid 10 mans, but this should be able to translate fairly well to a 25 man setting.
    Beacon is 100% wasted on a tank before 2-2½ tendon is down. Beacon can be used to heal searing plasma in a extremely mana effective way and should be used that way. A correct use of beacon enables healer mana to be higher for the phase of the fight where it matters.
    I will definitely get on my pally's about that

Deleted
    Spirit link totem is OP but we managed with just 2 resto shamans. We use 2 tanks (bear and war) and one feral druid as offtank. Tank the amalgamation and the bloods you need to kill by the plate. This way you can stack and kill the amalgamation very fast.

One tip is to AoE the bloods after destroying the first tendon take the two amalgamations and stack them and than make a roll. This way you can reduce the number of bloods at the end of the fight.

Increase you damage on amalgimations. People seem to take this for granted. If you have classes that are piss poor for tendon damage, make it their goals to be top on amalgimation damage.

We took two resto shamans. We used a totem each time we stacked up to roll, and then used another one when we ran out of the stack and set up on his spine.