Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MoP Resto Skills & Talents - Whats Missing - 90 Talent Predictions -SuggestibleChange

What's Missing

Purify Spirit - Currently only removes all Curse and Magic effects from a friendly target.

Shaman's only get to remove two different types of ailments, other healers remove three.

Druids: Nature's Cure, removes all Magic, Curse, and Poison.

Paladins: Sacred Cleansing: Removes Magic, Poison, Disease.

Priest: Could not find.

Missing Talents:

Cleansing Waters - Missing - Adds a healing effect to succussful curse or harmful magic removal.

Explanation: This could be a glyph or to be added later. I really liked the idea of still getting some heals in when I was removing ailments. Personally I hope its just added to the Purify Spirit tool tip. I'd even settle for a passive skill in resto. I'll actually miss this talent/ ability.

Ancestral Healing - Missing - Critical heals reduced damage taken and increased health temporarly.

Explanation: I think these type of buffs are being cut from the MoP healing style. If they are it'll be compensated for in healing out put or something. However if its not being cut I'd like to see it as a passive resto skill. I could live without this.

Blessing of Eternals - Missing - Increased proc rate of Earthliving HoT on low health targets.

Explanation: This could possibly be a glyph or simply not accounted for yet. I really hope its simply just incorporated into the Earthliving Weapon tool tip. I suppose it wouldn't be missed entirely though.

Telluric Currents - Missing - Cast LB to resto mana.

Explanation: I hear this will likely end up a glyph a lot of people really like it. I personally am not a fan of it at all. As a healer I don't like the idea of dpsing to gain back mana. I just want to focus on healing and healing only. I also don't like the idea of having to spec or add hit to my gear for this reason. Hopefully the MoP set up will have a good way to compensate for this mana regain ability.

What Should Be Changed or Added

Spirit Link Totem - Should be changed to an AoE. This would allow you to select a target area. For example, grouped up melee members of a raid - and not spread out ranged dps typically where you stand as a healer. Or perhaps even a spell you could cast onto a target and everyone around that target is effected. I liked this move a lot more in its original incarnation, however it was removed and added again as a totem. It's still amazing and people love it as a totem. What else can I say?

Animations - All colours of casting animations & auras shouldn't be green/ flowery or yellow holy looking. They should represent water with blue, brown/ earth tones for earth and white/blue for the spiritual part of Shamanism. Druids are the flower, green & garden lovers. Shamans represent the Earth that stuff grows out of. Rocks & Soil.

Examples: Chain heal shouldn't look like you're summoning a paladin charger. That yellow circle around your feet.

Earthliving should lose the flowers that's a druid thing. Maybe drop the green weapon glow for the old rock biter floating earth/rock.

Talents - I noticed in the Shaman talents "Echo of Elements" & "Ancestral Guidance" have similar - yet different effects. With the introduction of the Ascension Transformation (for resto). These abilities (although different) are pretty similar in the idea that they either replicate or duplicate effects in some way or another. I'm not one to complain but it doesn't seem very creative. Don't get me wrong I certainly love the idea of blowing all these CD's and hoping for proc's for major healing numbers. However when you see such a opt out consistently. It's begging that something be changed some where to make it more interesting. It could stay this way, and I'd be completely happy. Looks a little OP in conjunction - hopefully they don't just make them share cool downs or something lame.

Unleash Elements - I think this should just be removed. I know, I know. It's an excellent buff I just don't like the idea of having to constantly cast a buff in my healing rotation. It often gets ignored by players as well, (speaking on the behalf of resto of course). I don't think this ability should apply to resto have it's effects worked in some how or scrap it completely and compensate for it some where else in the numbers. Just my opinion.

Shaman Class Mount - I thought I'd just add this because every thread needs to have a tin foil hat dream. I suggest a Shoveltusk, the reason for this is... Well Frost Witch gear had it. Perhaps it could be a shaman spirit animal in the lore. Maybe a Spectral Shoveltusk or just regular mount? With large totems on it perhaps? Maybe just a Ghost Flight Form. I suppose ground mounts are dead any way. Regular Shoveltusk with totems seems pretty BA, not gonna lie.

Transmog - I know transmog is still in its early days, however most maces and shield look so... Paladin. Maybe being able to switch these with a staff or a large aesthetic totem. A man can dream...

Level 90 Talent Predictions

This would be the simplistic way to go about this.

Earth Elemental - Now takes on the roll of healing - Provides some sort of healing or healing bonus. - Perhaps lesser earth shields on various targets. That maybe act as an absorb shield. Shamans don't really have absorption shields in their healing arsenal.

Air Elemental

Fire Elemental

Maybe not exactly like this but something to do with our elemental's. I could see perma pet becoming an option. Even though most people hate the idea of shaman's having actual pets. Or perhaps being able to summon more then one as an option and one elemental just being baseline. No water elemental's though - those belong to the mages and have since the warcraft started out on the battle chest game. They should also make these elements smarter and not bug out at all.

What do you think?
    What would you add?
    Do you agree or disagree?
    Explain why.
    What are your predictions?
    I'm sure you have creative ideas you'd like to share.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant look up the others but I remember reading the tooltip for earth living weapon says it always procs on targets below a certain percent of health. I think it was 35%.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    What's Missing

Shaman's only get to remove two different types of ailments, other healers remove three.
    This is incorrect.

Offensive dispels, like Purge, are one of the classes of dispel. That's our third.

Missing Talents:

I don't want to go into huge detail, except to repeat that Blizzard themselves has said the MoP talent calculator is incomplete, especially so for Shaman (and Hunters), and that there's a lot of stuff that's already enabled by their own feedback that we don't see there.

Assuming anything will be missing because it's not on the calculator is NOT a reasonable thing to do at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by viciouss View Post
    I cant look up the others but I remember reading the tooltip for earth living weapon says it always procs on targets below a certain percent of health. I think it was 35%.
    This is correct, Blessing of the Eternals is being rolled in Earthliving itself in MoP.

Personally I love casting lightning bolt to get back mana. To me it seperates the good from the bad. I see shamans going OOM all the time because all they do is spam Healing rain and healing surge, most times forgetting to keep up riptide and even water shield, while I will have a minimum of 4k more hps with at least 50% mana pool at the end of the fight.

As far as chain heal goes, I dont get what you dont like about that, it looks to me as if you are channeling energy from the earth to aid those around you, maybe thats just me though.Alos, cleansing waters does provide a heal, if speced into it, its not a hot, but a free heal is a free heal, generally its a big enoguh heal to cancel out the damge done from the dot prior to the cleanse.

Spiritlink totem is absolutely fantastic. It forces you to pay attention and plan ahead, again adding another aspect that seperates the good from bad. If you know damage is coming up, you get in place and bam, awesome CD, on the flip side if you are sitting in the back eating your boogers and just being a lazy healer, its not going to do much for you.

Overall I am extremly happy with the healing design of shamans and I really hope they dont make too many drastic changes in mist.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is incorrect.

Offensive dispels, like Purge, are one of the classes of dispel. That's our third.
    Shamans: (Purge) Offensive Magic; (Purify Spirit) Defensive Magic, Curse;
    Druids: (Nature's Cure) Defensive Magic, Curse, Poison;
    Paladins: (Cleanse) Poison, Disease; (Cleanse + Sacred Cleansing) Defensive Magic;
    Priests: (Dispel Magic/Mass Dispel) Offensive Magic, Defensive Magic; (?) Disease;

Just to be thorough. The disease for priests is assumed as I can not find it on the current available MoP "calculator".

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    .Also, cleansing waters does provide a heal, if speced into it, its not a hot, but a free heal is a free heal, generally its a big enoguh heal to cancel out the damge done from the dot prior to the cleanse.
    He is talking about the new MoP talents system. Where that specific talent that you are talking about spec'ing into doesn't exist.. Hence the missing part....
    Last edited by Timetodance; 2012-03-08 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Swap Poison for Disease for priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timetodance View Post
    Shamans: (Purge) Offensive Magic; (Purify Spirit) Defensive Magic, Curse;
    Druids: (Nature's Cure) Defensive Magic, Curse, Poison;
    Paladins: (Cleanse) Poison, Disease; (Cleanse + Sacred Cleansing) Defensive Magic;
    Priests: (Dispel Magic/Mass Dispel) Offensive Magic, Defensive Magic; (?) Poison;

Just to be thorough. The poison for priests is assumed as I can not find it on the current available "calculator".
    Interesting to note is that paladins are the only ones that can dispel disease.

He is talking about the new MoP talents system. Where that specific talent that you are talking about spec'ing into doesn't exist.. Hence the missing part....
    Unless they change stuff in MoP, priests can dispel diseases and magic. And they have their usual single/multi target offensive dispel.

Only holy specced priests can currently remove poison - and that only on themselves when specced into Body & Soul.

So, if everything stays as it is, priests can still dispel 3 types of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Unless they change stuff in MoP, priests can dispel diseases and magic. And they have their usual single/multi target offensive dispel.

Only holy specced priests can currently remove poison - and that only on themselves when specced into Body & Soul.

So, if everything stays as it is, priests can still dispel 3 types of things.
    Ahh, I knew about the Body and Soul thing just had the poison and disease around the wrong way. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Animations - All colours of casting animations & auras shouldn't be green/ flowery or yellow holy looking. They should represent water with blue, brown/ earth tones for earth and white/blue for the spiritual part of Shamanism. Druids are the flower, green & garden lovers. Shamans represent the Earth that stuff grows out of. Rocks & Soil.

Examples: Chain heal shouldn't look like you're summoning a paladin charger. That yellow circle around your feet.

Earthliving should lose the flowers that's a druid thing. Maybe drop the green weapon glow for the old rock biter floating earth/rock.
    Think most of our spells have already had their animations updated to watery effects, with the exception of chain heal.

Explanation: I hear this will likely end up a glyph a lot of people really like it. I personally am not a fan of it at all. As a healer I don't like the idea of dpsing to gain back mana. I just want to focus on healing and healing only. I also don't like the idea of having to spec or add hit to my gear for this reason. Hopefully the MoP set up will have a good way to compensate for this mana regain ability.
    I hope to see this as a glyph as well, with a hit chance to LB tagged onto it.

Ancestral Healing - Missing - Critical heals reduced damage taken and increased health temporarly.

Explanation: I think these type of buffs are being cut from the MoP healing style. If they are it'll be compensated for in healing out put or something. However if its not being cut I'd like to see it as a passive resto skill. I could live without this.
    I hope they find a place for this, our smart healing is pretty iconic to shaman.
    Unleash Elements - I think this should just be removed. I know, I know. It's an excellent buff I just don't like the idea of having to constantly cast a buff in my healing rotation. It often gets ignored by players as well, (speaking on the behalf of resto of course). I don't think this ability should apply to resto have it's effects worked in some how or scrap it completely and compensate for it some where else in the numbers. Just my opinion.
    I've never really had an issue with this spell, it is underutilized but it does increase thoroughput if you use it often...but at the same time you don't feel forced to use it either.

Shaman Class Mount - I thought I'd just add this because every thread needs to have a tin foil hat dream. I suggest a Shoveltusk, the reason for this is... Well Frost Witch gear had it. Perhaps it could be a shaman spirit animal in the lore. Maybe a Spectral Shoveltusk or just regular mount? With large totems on it perhaps? Maybe just a Ghost Flight Form. I suppose ground mounts are dead any way. Regular Shoveltusk with totems seems pretty BA, not gonna lie.
    Would give my left testicle for a Spirit Hawk flight form.

Level 90 Talent Predictions
    We aren't getting lvl 90 talents, think ascendence at 87 is it for most classes. I think Earth and Fire elemental are pretty good as is, just need much better scaling and better AI plus not tethered to the totem. I would like to see a Water ele that helps with heals, single and aoe.....as well as a more pvp oriented Wind ele that grounds spells and deflects attacks while maybe giving you a mini lust or "echo of elements" type effect to get double attacks on melee or spells.

Suggested MoP Shaman Talent Changes & Resto Abilities

Suggested MoP Talent Changes

Level 15 Tier - Fine

Level 30 Tier - Fine

Level 45 Tier - Changes

Totemic Restoration
    Instant cast - 5 min cooldown
    When activated, immediately finishes the cooldown on all totems.

Totemic Mastery
    Allows the shaman to place down a total of 5 totems at one time. Any number of those totems may be water, air, and earth. Fire totems are still restircted to one totem.

Totemic Projection
    Instant cast - 10 sec cooldown
    Relocates your active totems to a specified location, selected by the Shaman.

Level 60 Tier - Fine

Level 75 Tier - Perhaps Fortifying Waters should be instant cast for elemental and enhancement.

Level 90 Tier - Additions

Summon Earth Elemental
    Summon Air Elemental
    Summon Fire Elemental

Suggested Resto Wish List

Purifying Totem
    8% of base mana
    Summons a Water Totem with 10% of the caster's health at the feet of the caster for 10 sec. The Purifying Totem pulses every 2 sec, removing 1 curse and 1 harmful magic effect from "X amount of" inflicted raid members within 40 yards.

Purifying Waters (Passive)
    Reduces the cost of Purify Spirit by X%, and when your Purify Spirit successfully removes a harmful effect, you also heal the target for Y.

Spirit Link
    11% of base mana
    Instant cast - 3 min cooldown
    Calls forth the spirits to blanket the area targeted by the Shaman. Spirit Link reduces damage taken by all party and raid members within the targeted area by 10%. Every 1 sec, the health of all affected players is redistributed, such that each player ends up with the same percentage of their maximum health. Lasts 6 sec.

Summon Earth Elemental
    28% of base mana
    Summons an elemental totem that calls forth a Greater Earth Elemental to radiate healing energy and providing Lesser Earth Shields to the caster and his allies.
    Lasts 1 min.
    |
    |
    |_> Lesser Earth Shield
    Cast by the Shaman's Greater Earth Elemental, to X raid members. Providing a Lesser Earth Shield to absord Y amount of damage, last for Z sec.

[Moderator edit]
    Moved this post in from its own separate thread to keep things to one thread
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-03-08 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From looking at what we have been shown so far in regards to our changes I am more than happy with most of them.

My main concern is how they will design raid encounters in MoP. Our weakness really shows when everyone has to be spread out or if most fights are Two Healed in combination with the former. If they are going to design a lot of encounters where we have to spread out I would hope they give us some sort of way to help heal as many people as possible with a spread. Some sort of new spell or even modifier like Tidal Waves that can help with this. I did not enjoy having the bench spec for Heroic Ragnaros and I especially dislike having to take a backseat because of class limitations even if it is for the better of the group. Shaman's are easily my favorite class when it comes to healing and I almost refuse to play anything else for competitive progression.

With the defensive buffs to Healing Rain as well as a myriad of other things I just hope we get to finally flex our muscles. Even better, I hope our excursion into MoP is bright from day one, unlike Cataclysm's original launch. Don't know about the rest of you but that was some rocky two-three months.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post

Although I like the design i think it'll be a problem if they add it via a glyph. Think about ele shamans who never will go oom with that glyph...

I think the problem with reintroducing TC is more on the line with healers and regen.

Considering Intellect isn't providing any more mana, it means that everyone is essentially going to be set at X mana.
    Since people aren't going to be able to scale with maximum mana mechanics anymore, they have to rely on Spirit and their big mana CD's.

Since TC scales with damage done, Shaman would be basically be exempt from the whole purpose of their regen update.

op, i think you want to combine the best of every class in shammies which is everyone would like for the class! everyone would like a pet / special mount etc.
    although i'd like this - i don't see this happening and tbh maybe it's for the best. Some other changes you suggest are fine. keep thinking and proposing but try to keep the balance and do not make shammies have other classes stuff.
    To have something you 've never had, you have to do something you've never done...

Quote Originally Posted by omniscience View Post
    Although I like the design i think it'll be a problem if they add it via a glyph. Think about ele shamans who never will go oom with that glyph...
    When was the last time you've seen an ele shammy go oom? Ele Shams have Rolling Thunder (60% chance on LB cast to regen 2% max mana if they have lightning shield up) already. If ele shams start taking this, they'll simply add the tag "As long as Water Shield is active"

Quote Originally Posted by tobiashunter View Post
    When was the last time you've seen an ele shammy go oom? Ele Shams have Rolling Thunder (60% chance on LB cast to regen 2% max mana if they have lightning shield up) already. If ele shams start taking this, they'll simply add the tag "As long as Water Shield is active"
    Lets nerf rolling thunder shall we then? Maybe it's easy to hold on mana when you're standing still and chain casting, but let's look at a pvp, say solo anything different perspective which includes running around... maybe they'll add that tag, what do I care it's still problematic if they dont since ele shamans wont drop below 95% mana...

Quote Originally Posted by omniscience View Post
    Lets nerf rolling thunder shall we then? Maybe it's easy to hold on mana when you're standing still and chain casting, but let's look at a pvp, say solo anything different perspective which includes running around... maybe they'll add that tag, what do I care it's still problematic if they dont since ele shamans wont drop below 95% mana...
    *sigh* you know nothing about Ele Shams do you? An ele sham who uses water shield is a failshaman. Plain and simple. Telluric currents wouldn't change that if it was a glyph. Ever. Period. I know you'll say "what about movement and pvp". No. Still won't change it. Glyph of Unleashed Lightning allows LB to be cast while moving. Switching to Water Shield will cause Ele Shams to drop ALL fulmination charges, which incase you didn't know, Fulmination is a heavy hitter for Ele Shams.

All I want from MOP is a different animation for chain heal, right now it feels out of place with our watery animations. Its too holy looking.*

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think mana is supposed to be a problem for Ele unless they are healing, so I don't see why adding telluric currents as a glyph would be a big deal. It doesn't need any restrictions like "only works with watershield", that might make sense if you want to regain mana you sacrifice some dps.....but I really don't think its a big deal for shaman.

Since TC scales with damage done, Shaman would be basically be exempt from the whole purpose of their regen update.
    Dunno too much bout this but Resto has prob the shittiest mana regen cd of all healers not to mention the only one we have, and its gimped cause it can aoe regen.....it should regen more for the shaman. I hope mana tide will be based off mana pool not spirit. But anyways, long as its inferior to other classes I see no reason not to keep telluric currents as a glyph. I would much rather prefer a better personal mana regen cd though....even if on a 5min cd.

All I want from MOP is a different animation for chain heal, right now it feels out of place with our watery animations. Its too holy looking.*
    Would be nice, doubt its on their priority tho....they should have just updated it when they did the rest of our spells. Not like chain heal gets spammed like before either....just turn the white circle on the floor to a blue one and presto! Watery animation!

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Dunno too much bout this but Resto has prob the shittiest mana regen cd of all healers not to mention the only one we have, and its gimped cause it can aoe regen.....it should regen more for the shaman. I hope mana tide will be based off mana pool not spirit. But anyways, long as its inferior to other classes I see no reason not to keep telluric currents as a glyph. I would much rather prefer a better personal mana regen cd though....even if on a 5min cd.
    Right now it's only the 'worst' because everyone else has mana CD's that increase in value as their mana pools increase (i.e. with Intellect). Considering MTT scales with Spirit, and the fact that everyone's [insert max mana CD] will be a static gain, one could speculate that Resto Shaman's mana regen and their mechanics were exactly what Blizzard had in mind all along.