Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bring back Mewtwo, make Charizard his own character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing I would like to see eventually worked into the Smash Bros series is to make different characters have I guess what you would call resources for their moves, sort of how in WoW each class has different things to how they work like Mana, Rage, Soul Shards, Energy, etc.

For an example I will use Ganondorf. If I were making the next Smash Brothers game I would completely re-design a lot of how he plays to make him feel truly unique just as I feel all of the characters should. I would introduce for him some kind of meter or number down near where his damage percent is located. The way it would work is as Ganondorf is attacking this number will either go down or up, it will go down if direct damage is received and will go up if Ganondorf manages to make direct hits on opponents. Depending on the strength of the attack received and dealt will increase/decrease how much the number goes up or down. Once Ganondorf manages to get this number up to its maximum level he will then be able to trigger three separate moves. If he does B-Down he will for a small amount of time transform into the Ocarina of Time version of Ganon and be stuck stationary but will be able to attack around in him a decent sized radius with his swords. If he does B-Up then he temporarily will turn into his classic Zelda/Link to the Past Ganon form and be able to move around but will be extremely heavy and slow but have increased damage dealing abilities. If he does B-left/right then he would do the same attack that is currently his Final Smash in Brawl though not as powerful. His new Final Smash would be something like his giant evil energy head form thing that he does in Twilight Princess when he attacks Midna. After he would do these special moves he would have his number type dealy reset back to zero and he would have to build it back up again. And of course also I would remake him so he actually uses his damn sword.

There are plenty of other systems I could see the creators come up with to make each character feel truly unique. Like for Mario I could see something like maybe if certain requirements are met during the battle then Mario could transform into Paper Mario with an entirely new move set or maybe for Mewtwo have some kind of of psychic energy source that effects attacks or for that matter make the way that the Pokemon characters work perhaps be based off actual mechanics from their series. I guess the closest thing I could compare to a current character would be Captain Olimar in Brawl since he has the most unique fighting style of all the other characters and really feels set apart. Some of the flying characters like Meta Knight and Pit sort of have a unique feel to them and also to a lesser extent Sonic just because he actually feels like he plays just like he does in his actual game series.

Nintendo said they wanted to bring in Capcom characters, but for the love of God not Megaman. He only uses ranged weapons. Bring in Viewtiful Joe instead, he was MADE for a Smash Bros. game.
    Mega Man could use swords too, at least in the Battle Network games.

He'd be an awesome character, and probably the most recognizable Capcom character if they decide to add one.

I have only ever asked for one simple thing, and I still can't get to my mind why he is so hard to add. Where the hell is my Ridley!? Oh yeah, a boss... I forgot >.>

Seriously, I'm satisfied with the SSBB roster except for the fact that we're missing Ridley! We need more Metroid characters, and we need more villains overall. And don't even give me that stupid size-argument, just look at Bowser in Super Mario Sunshine and Galaxy, he is atleast the same size as him, if not bigger. And no, he wouldn't be a Charizard clone, he has way more possibilities than that. Tbh I think he'd fit perfect, Metroid is one of Nintendo's biggest genres, and still it only has 1 character, Samus, ZSS is a character inside a character (yo dawg), so she doesn't count per say, and even if she did 2 characters is still too little for Metroid. I can't even express how dissapointed I was when he turned out to be a boss in SSBB, so all I'm asking is Ridley for the next SSB as a playable character, he has been in a stage (Norfair in original), he has been in the intro (SSBM), he has been a trophy (twice), he has been a sticker, his theme has been used, he has been a boss, now we only need him as a character. There's also plenty of skin possibilites, Original (purple Super Metroid), Red (original art), Meta, Omega (would fit in for green team), Ridley X (blue-sh), and that should be enough. Nothing holds him back this time, and he has always been one of the most anticipated character to be in the game (only next to Sonic and Dedede, judging from multiple polls on multiple smash forums). So I beg you Nintendo, give me a chance to play as the absolute badass of gaming!

Mewtwo would also be nice to have back instead of Lucario.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    Add:
    Goku/Other powerful Z fighters
    Naruto
    Cell/Frieza
    Chell (make it work dammit)
    Cave Johnson (totally want to see those combustible lemons )
    Ridley (he was very close to being added).
    Sakurai (the creator) has stated multiple times that he won't be adding anything that origined from cartoons or animes, they have to be video game characters. I know one can dream right? Personally I'm happy they're even barely adding any 3rd party characters, makes Nintendo-nerds like me have the best time of our lives fighting against Nintendo character rather than having Jigglypuff vs Goku out of fucking nowhere.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-03-09 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I have only ever asked for one simple thing, and I still can't get to my mind why he is so hard to add. Where the hell is my Ridley!? Oh yeah, a boss... I forgot >.>

Seriously, I'm satisfied with the SSBB roster except for the fact that we're missing Ridley! We need more Metroid characters, and we need more villains overall. And don't even give me that stupid size-argument, just look at Bowser in Super Mario Sunshine and Galaxy, he is atleast the same size as him, if not bigger. And no, he wouldn't be a Charizard clone, he has way more possibilities than that. Tbh I think he'd fit perfect, Metroid is one of Nintendo's biggest genres, and still it only has 1 character, Samus, ZSS is a character inside a character (yo dawg), so she doesn't count per say, and even if she did 2 characters is still too little for Metroid. I can't even express how dissapointed I was when he turned out to be a boss in SSBB, so all I'm asking is Ridley for the next SSB as a playable character, he has been in a stage (Norfair in original), he has been in the intro (SSBM), he has been a trophy (twice), he has been a sticker, his theme has been used, he has been a boss, now we only need him as a character. There's also plenty of skin possibilites, Original (purple Super Metroid), Red (original art), Meta, Omega (would fit in for green team), Ridley X (blue-sh), and that should be enough. Nothing holds him back this time, and he has always been one of the most anticipated character to be in the game (only next to Sonic and Dedede, judging from multiple polls on multiple smash forums). So I beg you Nintendo, give me a chance to play as the absolute badass of gaming!

Mewtwo would also be nice to have back instead of Lucario.

Sakurai (the creator) has stated multiple times that he won't be adding anything that origined from cartoons or animes, they have to be video game characters. I know one can dream right? Personally I'm happy they're even barely adding any 3rd party characters, makes Nintendo-nerds like me have the best time of our lives fighting against Nintendo character rather than having Jigglypuff vs Goku out of fucking nowhere.
    For your first comment about Metroid I agree totally but for me personally its pretty much everything you said except replaced with the Mother/EarthBound series. I was blown away that New Pork City actually became a stage in Brawl but other then that once again Nintendo managed to completely ignore the Mother series. Seriously the music selections and trophies they had for them was pathetic as well as they compeltly managed to mess up the Final Smash attacks for Ness and Lucas, obviously they didn't bother doing more then just saying to the fans "Hey look! We remember this series but don't particularly care about it but you cant say we forgot!".

And for your second comment I completely agree and is why I dislike the fact that Freddy Kruger ended up in the newest Mortal Kombat game. I don't care if he fits the theme, hes not even a freaking video game character, if they had say made it a cross over like DC vs Mortal Kombat but with horror movie characters then fine that's ok but don't throw those types of characters into the main series games. Same with the Star Wars characters and Spawn in the Soul Caliber games.

Quote Originally Posted by squirtguns View Post
    They should add:

Geno
    Waluigi
    Birdo
    Paper Mario
    Dixie Kong
    Dude Geno......yes

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    For your first comment about Metroid I agree totally but for me personally its pretty much everything you said except replaced with the Mother/EarthBound series. I was blown away that New Pork City actually became a stage in Brawl but other then that once again Nintendo managed to completely ignore the Mother series. Seriously the music selections and trophies they had for them was pathetic as well as they compeltly managed to mess up the Final Smash attacks for Ness and Lucas, obviously they didn't bother doing more then just saying to the fans "Hey look! We remember this series but don't particularly care about it but you cant say we forgot!".

And for your second comment I completely agree and is why I dislike the fact that Freddy Kruger ended up in the newest Mortal Kombat game. I don't care if he fits the theme, hes not even a freaking video game character, if they had say made it a cross over like DC vs Mortal Kombat but with horror movie characters then fine that's ok but don't throw those types of characters into the main series games. Same with the Star Wars characters and Spawn in the Soul Caliber games.
    Indeed, I've never played much Earthbound myself, but I've followed the story and gone in-depth with it, and it's a really cool series. Lucas was a great addition to the roster, he just needs a few tweaks here and there to make him more special, they shouldn't even be wasting their resources on clones, although I'd only call Lucas a semi-clone of Ness. New Pork City is a really cool stage. I do however understand a little better why Earthbound/Mother doesn't get as much attention as some of the other franchises, I just can't fit it together how Metroid get's so little attention when it's undoubtely one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, it still only get's as much attention as Ice Climbers which noone knows. I mean, Earthbound is only REALLY big in Japan, else it's more of an, I guess you could call it underground thing, here in the other parts of the world.

Freddy Krueger in Mortal Kombat? Da fuq? What the hell happened? I understand Kratos to a certain extent, but it just goes to show how little imagination they have left. I just lol'd big time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know who else I think would be interesting to make an appearance as a fighter in the next Smash Bros(which I personally believe will be called Super Smash Brothers Clash) would be Great Puma, the Video Wrestling Federation champion from the NES game Pro Wrestling. There really isn't any character in the series as of yet that could be really considered of having moves truly based on a wrestler and would just be freaking amazing to see a 3D version of him. If not Puma then they freaking must put in Little Mac from Punch-Out and maybe for a rival/villain put in King Hippo or Mr. Dream.

Also they really need to add more alternate costumes/skins for characters in the next game like how Captain Falcon can become Blood Falcon and Link could become Dark Link. I really wanna see some of the Mario characters in their attire from the Mario Strikers series or see Mr. Game&Watch in his updated sprites from GameBoy Gallery or just based off the old Game&Watch box art for him.

Also a stage based on Stunt Race FX or one based off the Wario Land games and maybe one inspired by the Famicom Detective Club series.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-03-12 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    +1 for Geno.

As good a call as Hector is, I'd rather they add Ephraim (personally I'd rather they add Joshua but that'll never happen.)

As for third party companies. Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post

Nintendo said they wanted to bring in Capcom characters, but for the love of God not Megaman. He only uses ranged weapons. Bring in Viewtiful Joe instead, he was MADE for a Smash Bros. game.
    Honestly, I would rather they just stuck with nintendo franchises. It's fun to see goofy characters beat the hell out of each other, if they started bringing in real fighters, I think they would just look silly among them.

OT: Would love to see a hammer bro as a character, maybe even switching up what weapon he uses. A Croco skin for yoshi would be awesome as well

Ghirahim
    Groose
    Midna
    Impa from SS

For the love of god, no stupid Naruto characters like people here have said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Add Gary Oak and Professor Layton

Pokemon Friend Code:2406-5530-6363 Ghost Safari! PM me to add you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    As good a call as Hector is, I'd rather they add Ephraim (personally I'd rather they add Joshua but that'll never happen.)
    Although this might sound silly, one part of me thinks it would be cool if they added Seth since he's so damn hardcore, but then again, he's probably not that popular and he would just destroy everyone (like he did if you used him in that Fire Emblem game).

What about Lyn? She's already in there as an assist, and her critical attack from Fire Emblem would make an insanely cool Final Smash.

Also, I'd like someone from Golden Sun. Probably Isaac since he's also an assist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Ghirahim

For the love of god, no stupid Naruto characters like people here have said.
    God this a million times, I don't know where people get off even thinking a Nintendo cross over game would ever include characters that are not even from games. That is like saying Popeye should be in it since Nintendo made a game with him in it. Also since I know so many people wanted him in the last game, for the love of god no Sora. The amount of stuff they would have to change and cut to make him work in the game wouldn't even be worth it. Also if they do add a Square character I will personally be pissed if it ends up being Cloud or Lightning or some Final Fantasy character that never appeared on a Nintendo system beyond a small cameo. I am assuming if Square got invited to add a character it would be a Final Fantasy character because...well come on...only other characters I could see maybe would be Crono or possibly from the Enix side a Slime/Rocket and maybe, maybe by a long shot and this is stretching it, Neku from The World Ends With You.

Also since they already have a Super Scope as a weapon they should add a pair of dual Zappers as a new item, one orange and one grey.

Deleted
    I agree with everyone who said Ridley, we seriously need more Metroid characters!

I would also want Geno to join just because I feel sorry for all the people who wants him. I haven't even played Mario rpg, but whatever.

They should also put Mewtwo back into the game, but I would like him to have a bunch of new moves.

Now, for characters I want to get removed:

Lucario (replace him with Mewtwo)
    ROB

And characters I don't want to be added:

ANY ANIME/CARTOON CHARACTER!

FAWFUL That is all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    FAWFUL That is all

That plus Geno plus possibly O'Chunks are the three main Mario characters I want to see added though the odds of that happening are somewhere below zero.

Also we need Face Raiders as a new Assist Trophy. Have it so it either takes face data from saved pictures on the Wii U/3DS for them or if none is available the default face will be Shigeru Miyamoto. Have it so they break through the background and shatter the screen for a short amount of time.

Also since somehow PictoChat and Electroplankton got stages made of them I want to see a stage based off of the Game Boy Camera. Make it a really insane and random stage like the WarioWare one with characters bouncing between the various applications on it including the mini games and also using saved photo data from the Wii U/3DS.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-03-18 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    FAWFUL That is all
    Ohyes. Fawful and Count Bleck.
    And he needs to scream "I HAVE CHORTLES/ANGST/FURY!"

10+ Year Old Account
    How about new bosses? Personally I am hoping to see a couple of these guys show up:

-Andross (N64 version)
    -Metroid Prime or Mother Brain
    -Giygas (if not used in a stage based off The Devil's Machine)
    -Medusa (either NES version or the huge version in Uprising) or Orcos
    -King Hippo (if not a character)
    -Metal Gear REX (if Snake returns)
    -Dr. Robotnik (if Sonic returns)
    -King Boo
    -Anubis in his mecha from Metal Combat
    -Emperor Bulblax (from Pikmin)
    -Octopus (if they change Mr. Game&Watch's Final Smash)
    -Doom Dragon from Golden Sun
    -King Red Eyes (StarFox Adventures)
    -Ghastly King from Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
    -The Black Jewel or Rudy the Clown or The Shake King or the Genie from the Wario Land games
    -Classic Donkey Kong/Cranky Kong (some kind of boss battle based off the first stage of the Donkey Kong arcade game) or Giga-Kong from the final boss in Game Boy Donkey Kong
    -Light Tennis (some king of boss based off Pong)(or a new mini-game based off it)
    -Nightmare or Dark Matter or 02 from Kirby
    -Giratina or Arceus or Genesect from Pokemon
    -Giga-Ganon! (or just OoT Ganon/Classic Ganon)

Also a Tetris stage, make it happen Nintendo!

Oh, also a Mach Rider and Mr. Stevenson from Gumshoe assist trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Midna. Imp form obviously.
    I'd be all over the game if they added it.
    Boo, that's what I was gonna say. >.>

Though they should also add Navi, bwahahaha!