Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo123 View Post
    Problem of SWTOR in my view are:
    -Lack of LFR/LFG => Yes WoW had set a high standard of this feature. It help immensely to easily find a group as well as helping those "dead" server to get chance for party.
    The thinking was that people socialize more that way, in fact people could do without LFG but I am seeing alot people skipping the whole LFG thing because

1) they have no clue how to group (funny, but true)
    2) they are too shy to ask in General (you'd wait until a LFG pops up but it never happens, alot people are waiting for LFGs though and are waiting for LF(2)M to happen first)
    3) they are already in a group and prefer to do it with companions
    4) they are in guilds

In my opinion a server-only LFG tool is required at least, I am sceptical about cross-server, it broadens the infamous internet-anonymity aspect and encourages people to drop manners in favour of "getting things done".

-Lack of population and Unbalance faction => Population is too sad for some server. I would prefer less server but crowded population and loose server with no people online at all. Sometimes it's just suck to play in 100 peak population side server, resulting like 10-20 players in the main ship hub. Bloody impossible to find party
    It's just bad shard management from Bioware side, actually WoW had that as well. It wouldn't be so bad with server mergers or at least free transfers.
    But I disagree, I found parties with as little as 10 people in the zone

-Bugs => A lot of them still exists in the game especially in heroic dungeon which is unforgiving. Some bugs are gamebreaking and will result you to /unstruck or find alternative way to get ur character out
    I found I encounter way more bugs on Republic side than on Empire side. I mean it feels like that Republic side and its quests were barely playtested. Some Trooper class quests are very glitched to eye-popping levels actually. In one quest I counted over 30 bugs to the point that unless you google'd you'd literally get stuck in perma-dialog mode.It's the mission where you have your final encounter with Tavus.

-No cool feature => Well, the ship fighting is ok but the rest is practically "WoW with a scifi theme and a lightsaber". You need something more than what we have in the game currently.
    Well, what "more" is actually more? What do you expect from a game to be more? If it's a game with WoW as blueprint you can at first expect a WoW derivate in its first incarnation. Anything added beyond that fulfils the definition of "more". Anything else are just your own undefined expectations. Since we are speaking MMO there is a good chance that "more" will be added later. It's hard to please everyone, one may be happy with what has been added, others expected - well, more, whatever it is.
    When I am playing MMOs I don't approach it with a "more stuff than my previous MMO" in mind, but rather how much entertaining it is as a whole.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2012-03-09 at 10:24 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Realist Phill View Post
    SW:TOR will NEVER die because you're always going to have those star wars die hard fan boys that'll play the game no matter what the fuck they do to it. Those 1-2M people playing the game right now? Star Wars die hards.

Edit: Also, stop comparing SW:TOR's launch to WoW's launch, no one gives a fuck about 7 years ago. Were living in the present, not the past.
    hey we can say the same about wow. the game is dull and boring with no balance, neither pvp or pve, but people are chained to it even if blizzard announce a "wow: everybody poops" expansion, and even more with the annual pass. And yes, I loved wow so much, a lot of friends and good momentos in 6 years of fun, but now is just a shadow of what it was.
    Well I dont wanna make this thread a wow vs swtor one (somebody did it for me already lol), just trying to open the eyes (like a lot of people are trying to do to swtor players) of that people who are waiting for the LFG or bg que in stormwind/orgrimmar saying the game has a lot of pve end-game, quality end-game (rofl), or saying pvp is more fun and balanced than any other mmo's out there. I think is the routine, people are just used to play wow, and another MMO is another danger to their routine, so they acts bashing the game and trying to convince other people to leave it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
    most of us played wow for 6years....i don't recall any game that achieved that. WoW is just old, it grew old....we got older aswell....even with cataclysm lacking content. It counts 10million players....after 7 years.
    More than 5 million of those 10 million are players in Asia that don't even actually pay a sub fee.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has turned into a cross between a game bashing and <game> vs <game> thread which are not allowed.

Thread Closed.