Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

[Rift] If your thinking of comming back...

I have been growing tired of the MMO genera for quite some time now, largely due to massive WOW burn out. For the last 24 months in wow it has been more of the same.. Sit in a city, wait for Q pop, Farm X dungeon for Y points to buy Z gear... there is no more WORLD left in wow for me I quit over 6 months and that led me to RIFT!!!!!!!

I played Rift at launch for about 2 months and was Amazed at all they did different but just did not stick around as i was in mmo over load at the time. However recently returning to Rift I must say, it is by far the BEST mmo on the market. What impressed me the most was there patch release schedule, they have released 7 SEVEN!!! major content patches in 12 months, wow on the other had does maybe 2? My point being is rift really gives you your moneys worth with TONS of content.

Spending over 2 dozen hours in game since resub I have literally spent only maybe 1 or 2 hours at MOST in the city and this was for things that i could only do in the citys. Im constantly out in the world doing things, Instant Adventure is by far one of the best things to be implemented in an MMO its fantastic.

There is so much to do in rift that other MMOS just do not offer, if your thinking of coming back its free for the next week as it is an anniversary special, Give it a shot see all the new things Trion has added and you will be amazed! I was and im very excited for content updates in the future.

New Raids
    New Zone
    New Rifts
    New warfront
    New ways to experience content
    Almost ALWAYS playing with OTHER people from YOUR server
    and of course world Events.

Give it a shot I couldent be happier

these are just a few of the things added by trion since launch, If your tired of sitting in Org/SW all day doing nothing but running around on mounts and want to actually get back into a game World and explore and adventure with players from your server rift is really worth a shot. it truly does put the multi player back into the mmo at least it did for me!

More and more people are coming back or trying it fresh every day. Glad to see another person sees what I see in the game too.

I'm making a killing on the AH lately, selling bags and raw materials mainly for all the new characters coming in. A huge difference from a few months ago when the AH was very flat and nothing moved. This alone tells me that the population is trending upwards again in a major way -- ontop of the login queues and size of the Ember Isle invasion raids.

Awesome, that was really the point of this thread was to try and get some people back into Rift who may, like me, have given up on it to early! This is not just another "wow clone" as people say now a days. Yes it is an MMO and very similar as most games in this genera are. but it offers so much more then just waiting for another random Dungeon Q to pop.

Glad to see you're happy with Rift, Evounnamed. Do us all a favor and stick around this neck of the forums. The more people who actively post, the more 'lively' the game actually looks. I think the way the same 5-10 people post, outsiders think we're just "fanbois" defending a game that's on the way to F2P. We might be fanboys, but I think it's really for a good reason.

Hopefully we get a good amount of new or returning players with the Free account access for the next week, Come back to Rift for free for a week what do you have to lose!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift has always been a stellar game.

But I'm burned out on Wizards and Warriors after really only having those types of MMORPGs to play for so many years. But if I ever decided to pick up the theme again, Rift would probably be the game I came back to.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post

But I'm burned out on Wizards and Warriors after really only having those types of MMORPGs to play for so many years. But if I ever decided to pick up the theme again, Rift would probably be the game I came back to.
    Try EVE Online maybe? If you can find a good corp it can be a lot of fun. If there was no RIFT, EVE would be the MMO I played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Try EVE Online maybe? If you can find a good corp it can be a lot of fun. If there was no RIFT, EVE would be the MMO I played.
    Another excellent game and I do play off and on, usually when a new expansion or what ever they call their big updates.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post

Phile i would say Come back to rift for the free week, check out things like instant adventure and chronicles and shimmering isle it might really change your mind about what you think "fantasy" mmos should play like, also there designing a new city, looks pretty tech savy if you ask me!

Deleted
    I see more and more people joining rift , heck i just couldnt get my self to like this game , tried it twice , i guess it just isnt for me :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I just recently came back to rift after getting hacked shortly after release. I am definitely quite excited about finishing off the last 15 levels before reaching max level and starting the gear grind to get into raids. I'm taking it slow however since I still have commitments to WoW, but I do LOVE this game and each and every day offers a new experience and something to look forward to, that of which I haven't felt from wow in a while (at least between content patches). Now that DS heroic is on farm for a lot of guilds, I'm even starting to consider taking a break from WoW until mists comes out so I can fully experience end-game rift before my raiding season begins again in mists.

For anyone out there that wants to be friends you can find me on Nisir - High Elf Mage on Faeblight-US

I recently came back to rift too, it's very akin to BC wow era. So much fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Spending about a week now at level cap I must say there is SO Much to do... Planar attunement is AMAZING, its like still gaining levels after hitting cap. Things like running dungeons and doing IA are both rewarding from loot but also EXP that goes towards the planar tree. Everything you do matters in rift actually makes your character better, while running dungeons instead of just Zooming through OMG Shitstorm AOE GO GO Faster, you actually feel like even the trash is worth something even though its tiny it just makes the whole experience of dungeon grinding fun again.

Also I must say the fact that there is an entire zone dedicated to Geared 50 lvl characters is AWESOME! finally content that you can not just out level and faceroll through, I cant wait for Instant adventure for Shimmering isle!

Deleted
    I was tempted to return after playing a bit near launch, upon logging into the account management page I was greeted with 3 days of sub for updating my security details. Thanks Trion!

10+ Year Old Account
    I played for a month or two after launch as well but the game couldn't keep me hooked. Having left TOR I find myself mmoless again and wonder if I should try Rift again. Almost through ME3 so after I'll be meandering gameless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evounnamed View Post
    Phile i would say Come back to rift for the free week, check out things like instant adventure and chronicles and shimmering isle it might really change your mind about what you think "fantasy" mmos should play like, also there designing a new city, looks pretty tech savy if you ask me!
    While I respect Trion and Rift, Im a SW nut and am pleasantly entertained in ToR. But I would definitely come back to Rift for high fantasy over any other game on the market right now. I thought about firing up the free week but I know better, Im not bored with my current game so I wouldnt even give it a fair chance.

I enjoyed Rift except for random zone events ruining low level questing lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    I recently came back to rift too, it's very akin to BC wow era. So much fun.
    ^^^ I am a closet rift player so... I agree with the BC wow era statement 100% btw.

Nice to see so many lurkers coming forward

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Nice to see so many lurkers coming forward
    Playing Wow: "what's rift...?"
    Playing Rift: "what's wow...?"

<3