Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    Yes that is what im saying, I have been in several fights and both me and the person I have been fighting with is still alive today and without permanent injuries. If either one of us had a gun and the law on our side people would have been dead, insted we are all alive. That law is insane and you are insane because you genuinly feel someone deserved to die in this situation..

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 01:33 AM ----------

You think fights are about survival, then how come both me and the person I have fought wiht both survived? Its not a freaking death match, its a fight and you do not pass a law that gives scared people the right to kill people just because they are scared.
    Violence begets violence. Why the hell can't you and your associates be civilized in the first place? The law isn't insane. The way people justify their primitive behavior is insane.

Yes that is what im saying, I have been in several fights and both me and the person I have been fighting with is still alive today and without permanent injuries. If either one of us had a gun and the law on our side people would have been dead, insted we are all alive. That law is insane and you are insane because you genuinly feel someone deserved to die in this situation..

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 01:33 AM ----------

You think fights are about survival, then how come both me and the person I have fought wiht both survived? Its not a freaking death match, its a fight and you do not pass a law that gives scared people the right to kill people just because they are scared.
    So you are saying that a woman alone, being physically assaulted by a man, with no help coming, should never ever have the option to defend herself and that she should just be victimized because defending yourself with a gun is wrong, and the person assaulting the woman doesn't deserve to die?

wow

You really made me gasp.

You should Google "killed by a punch", Google "injuries sustained due to physical assaults"
    Last edited by Droids; 2012-03-28 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soutalgon View Post
    Violence begets violence. Why the hell can't you and your associates be civilized in the first place? The law isn't insane. The way people justify their primitive behavior is insane.
    Yes it is insane, america is a country filled with people shit scared of everyone and everything because they allways see the worst possible scenario as the liekly outcome, to make a law that allows them to kill people because of this fear is insane.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 01:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Droids View Post
    So you are saying that a woman alone, being physically assaulted by a man, with no help coming, should never ever have the option to defend herself and that she should just be victimized because defending yourself with a gun is wrong, and the person assaulting the woman doesn't deserve to die?

wow

You really made me gasp.
    Is Zimmerman a woman being raped? Im sorry I missed that part.

You think fights are about survival, then how come both me and the person I have fought with both survived? Its not a freaking death match, its a fight and you do not pass a law that gives scared people the right to kill people just because they are scared.
    In your fights, they may not have been a death match. From Zimmerman's testimony, which may or may not be true, he was having his head pounded against the pavement. This can kill, as your brain can not handle that kind of abuse. Trauma to the skull can cause bleeding inside the skull, against the brain which leads to death unless you receive medical attention.
    To Zimmerman, this fight may have been his death match. He might have really felt he was gonna die. In that cause, as he seriously thought his life was in danger, he used his gun.
    I don't think that was his only option, but I can not know as I wasn't there. You can't say either, as you weren't there. You and I weren't inside Martin's or Zimmerman's mind at the time of the fights.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is insane, america is a country filled with people shit scared of everyone and everything because they allways see the worst possible scenario as the liekly outcome, to make a law that allows them to kill people because of this fear is insane.

The law doesn't ALLOW you to kill people, it merely prevents you from being jailed(which is a faulty way to even deal with problems to begin with) for DEFENDING yourself. The law doesn't say you can murder anyone at anytime, it says you will NOT be criminalized for defending your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    Something stinks. There has to be more to the story.
    Loads and loads more. I get the feeling we will never really know what happened. "he went to the store to get candy, and was walking back home to his family" I smell all kinds of bullshit.

And it's funny how quickly folks act like it's all over gun control and attack the US. If it's like it's being told now, it's sickening as all hell, but I just feel like alot of it isn't being told.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckieMage View Post
    In your fights, they may not have been a death match. From Zimmerman's testimony, which may or may not be true, he was having his head pounded against the pavement. This can kill, as your brain can not handle that kind of abuse. Trauma to the skull can cause bleeding inside the skull, against the brain which leads to death unless you receive medical attention.
    To Zimmerman, this fight may have been his death match. He might have really felt he was gonna die. In that cause, as he seriously thought his life was in danger, he used his gun.
    I don't think that was his only option, but I can not know as I wasn't there. You can't say either, as you weren't there. You and I weren't inside Martin's or Zimmerman's mind at the time of the fights.
    No I wasnt but everything can kill, a person sneezing at you can pass on some deadly virus killing you, its not likely but you dont know, still, you dont kill people for sneezing.

You know what most definitly kills? Shooting someone to death.

I never said the woman was being raped, I said she was being physically assaulted, meaning getting beaten up.

Please answer the question.

A women getting beaten up by a man, someone she can't fight back against, and no help coming, and not knowing how far this man is going to go with beating her up, shouldn't have the right to defend herself using a firearm against her attacker?

Quote Originally Posted by Soutalgon View Post
    The law doesn't ALLOW you to kill people, it merely prevents you from being jailed(which is a faulty way to even deal with problems to begin with) for DEFENDING yourself. The law doesn't say you can murder anyone at anytime, it says you will NOT be criminalized for defending your life.
    But you can allways claim you were defending your life. People get scared for theire life all the time in all kinds of situations and with this law you can kill whichever perceived threat there is without any actions taking against you, in reality giving you the right to murder everytime you feel afraid.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 01:45 AM ----------

I never said the woman was being raped, I said she was being physically assaulted, meaning getting beaten up.

A women getting beaten up by a man, someone she can't fight back against, and no help coming, and not knowing how far this man is going to go with beating her up, shouldn't have the right to defend herself using a firearm against her attacker?

Answeat mine, is Zimmerman a woman? If not, how is that relevant?

No I wasnt but everything can kill, a person sneezing at you can pass on some deadly virus killing you, its not likely but you dont know, still, you dont kill people for sneezing.

I respect your opinion, I do. You have every right to think what you think, but I really think you just don't get the situation.
    You can not equate sneezing to pounding someone's head against the pavement. You are comparing elephants and pencils at this point.

You are comparing a man on top of another man, slamming that man's head into the concrete, punching him, while the man is on the ground helpless, crying out for help for close to a minute, as the same as sneezing?

Your arguments are so trivial and insanely dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    Loads and loads more. I get the feeling we will never really know what happened. "he went to the store to get candy, and was walking back home to his family" I smell all kinds of bullshit.

And it's funny how quickly folks act like it's all over gun control and attack the US. If it's like it's being told now, it's sickening as all hell, but I just feel like alot of it isn't being told.
    so basically, the facts as they are presented now point this way ->
    but you want to go this way <- because it just doesn't seem right.
    okay <.<

But you can always claim you were defending your life. People get scared for their life all the time in all kinds of situations and with this law you can kill whichever perceived threat there is without any actions taking against you, in reality giving you the right to murder every time you feel afraid.
    That's what we have our court system for. They go through the evidence and determine if it really was self-defense or not.
    There are fail-safes for these situations. The whole thing now is making sure the evidence is looked at and the truth is determined.

I respect your opinion, I do. You have every right to think what you think, but I really think you just don't get the situation.
    You can not equate sneezing to pounding someone's head against the pavement. You are comparing elephants and pencils at this point.
    Im not comparing sneezing with hitting, Im saying that everything can scare you and make you fear for your life depending on your fears and mental state, and that this law gives you the right to kill people when you feel scared, which is utterly insane.

Quote Originally Posted by gnomemonster View Post
    Yes, this kid was black, but that is NOT why he was shot. Did being black make him suspicious? No. Did dressing like a thug and having gold teeth make him suspicious? Yes. (You can google and easily find pictures of him at an older age than 14, the rioters do not want you to see them though.)
    The issue with that is we don't know what he was wearing that night -- I have not been made aware otherwise that his grill was a permanent fixture to his teeth. You don't know what he was wearing beyond a hoodie that night and Zimmerman had no reason to suspect him of anything. The only thing anyone has mentioned was that he was wearing a hoodie, but that is easily explained by the fact that it was supposedly raining that night. If wearing a hoodie makes you a "thug" then I must be pretty hardcore because I have like four of them.

People will make anything racial if they can, to add wood to their fire. This could have been a racist killing, but the evidence does not point to that. You cannot just jump to conclusions. Racism is not completely dead, but the longer that we try to make everything about race, the longer it will stick around. And he is not a child, but an adolescent. I am leaning on the shooters side for the fact that people like to call anything racists, without seeing the facts. The kid even has a "thug" record.

This country really needs to progress.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNI5CA5jijw

Please listen to the entire thing, liberal bias the Young Turks have or not (don't personally listen to them), this is rather... telling for me. Before that came out I would have sided with you that it's BS to call Zimmerman racist -- prejudice, maybe so, but racist would have been a BS label.

You are comparing a man on top of another man, slamming that man's head into the concrete, punching him, while the man is on the ground helpless, crying out for help for close to a minute, as the same as sneezing?

Your arguments are so trivial and insanely dumb.
    No I am not, and if you were a little smarter you would understand that. And you still havent presented any evidence suporting that this was what was actually happening.

I am showing that fear can stem from anything and under this law it gives you the right to murder based on that fear.

But you can allways claim you were defending your life. People get scared for theire life all the time in all kinds of situations and with this law you can kill whichever perceived threat there is without any actions taking against you, in reality giving you the right to murder everytime you feel afraid.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 01:45 AM ----------

Answeat mine, is Zimmerman a woman? If not, how is that relevant?
    Why would I need to answer a question that we already know the answer to.

Your desire to make the issue was Zimmerman a woman or not is completely irrelevant and shows you have a horrifyingly lack of basic comprehension.

I asked you a simple straightforward question: "If I physically attack a woman who doesn't have the physical strength to fight back and all she has is a firearm to protect herself, she shouldn't be able to use it to defend herself?", your answer was: "Yes that is what im saying"

I asked you to clarify that remark as I couldn't believe you thought that, and instead of clarifying it you start asking me if Zimmerman is woman.

You sound juvenile and uneducated.

Im not comparing sneezing with hitting, Im saying that everything can scare you and make you fear for your life depending on your fears and mental state, and that this law gives you the right to kill people when you feel scared, which is utterly insane.
    As I said above your post, that's why our court system exists. They will look over the whole scene, gather all the evidence, and determine if it was self-defense or not.
    If this goes to court, then the defense and prosecution will gather their evidence and show it 13 jury members who will make a unanimous vote for guilty or not guilty.

That's what we have our court system for. They go through the evidence and determine if it really was self-defense or not.
    There are fail-safes for these situations. The whole thing now is making sure the evidence is looked at and the truth is determined.
    This I agree with to some extent. My problem in this case is much more with the law then the case itself as I havent red up on the case at all I cant comment on it specificlly.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 01:55 AM ----------

As I said above your post, that's why our court system exists. They will look over the whole scene, gather all the evidence, and determine if it was self-defense or not.
    If this goes to court, then the defense and prosecution will gather their evidence and show it 13 jury members who will make a unanimous vote for guilty or not guilty.
    Yes but under this law Zimmerman might very well be innocent when he really shouldent be, no mather how you turn on it he put himself ina situation where someone died and he killed him.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 01:57 AM ----------

Why would I need to answer a question that we already know the answer to.

Your desire to make the issue was Zimmerman a woman or not is completely irrelevant and shows you have a horrifyingly lack of basic comprehension.

I asked you a simple straightforward question: "If I physically attack a woman who doesn't have the physical strength to fight back and all she has is a firearm to protect herself, she shouldn't be able to use it to defend herself?", your answer was: "Yes that is what im saying"

I asked you to clarify that remark as I couldn't believe you thought that, and instead of clarifying it you start asking me if Zimmerman is woman.

You sound juvenile and uneducated.
    My desire to make the isssue.. Save it, you were the one bringing woman into this disucssion and it have no relevanse. My answear was to the part of your question that was actually relevant to this discussion since Zimmerman is not a woman.

No I am not, and if you were a little smarter you would understand that. And you still havent presented any evidence suporting that this was what was actually happening.

I am showing that fear can stem from anything and under this law it gives you the right to murder based on that fear.
    You are showing a complete lack of reasoning or understanding about basic things.

You can't shoot someone for sneezing. Who would ever think that would be defense for anything.