Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    The only reason he is being charged is for the black vote in the next election.
    You mentioned this same stupidity a few pages back, which is STILL based on nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    40 pounds is a LOT of weight to give up in fight. i'm a small guy, believe me, it's a lot.

all the info about martin is pretty much negligible. a baggie? i have a brother in law that's a cop, and he wouldn't bother writing a citation for that. basically 1 or 2 minor incidents are indicative of nothing more than being a teenager, not the rap sheet of manuel noreaga
    Zimmerman is 40 pounds heavier, but shorter. Martin is lighter, but taller. I'm not a small guy by any means, but there's also a difference between a muscular lean build and a chubby guy. There's a lot of factors that can contribute to it, it just seems like they want to gloss over Martin's 6'2" (IIRC) muscular frame as somehow "small".

As I said, the injuries that Zimmerman suffered or didn't suffer that night should have been documented so there'd be no doubt. Bad video from hours later isn't how you handle a crime scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk Brewslee View Post
    After just reading on the BBC News Website that Zimmerman has handed himself into the Police, I feel that this suggests he knew he was wrong. This comes days after launching his own website offering people his own view and allowing them to donate to help his with his living costs.

People often make rash and last ditch attempts to justify themselves before acceptance. I've not followed this case closely, but from what I know of I personally think Zimmerman was wrong. The Teenager was found with no weapons on him (to my knowledge) and Zimmerman has so far not been found to have any injuries (also, to my knowledge).

This indicates that perhaps something else was going on. Maybe he was drunk, high, racist or generally just a bit to stupid to realise what a bad mistake he was making. Either way, the U.S. Justice System now has him, and despite the mess that was made with the case at a local level, it is now down to the courts to decide if he is guilty, not forum members on MMO-Champion.

Or maybe he turned himself in because he didn't do it and has no reason to run? They called him up and said tomorrow you're getting charged with murder 2 (which btw has a chance of life in prison) that he wouldn't run if he did it on purpose?

Also how do we know that's REALLY his website. I can make one and call it the even realer George Zimmerman. There is nothing on that site that would even remotely make me believe that the site is actually his. I checked it a few days ago and said KONY 2012 scam and left.

Or maybe he turned himself in because he didn't do it and has no reason to run? They called him up and said tomorrow you're getting charged with murder 2 (which btw has a chance of life in prison) that he wouldn't run if he did it on purpose?

Also how do we know that's REALLY his website. I can make one and call it the even realer George Zimmerman. There is nothing on that site that would even remotely make me believe that the site is actually his. I checked it a few days ago and said KONY 2012 scam and left.
    Um....he had 24 hours to turn himself in. If he were to run, it would have looked even worse for him than it already does.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    You mentioned this same stupidity a few pages back, which is STILL based on nothing.

When one of the first things you say is "We were elected to do this job back in 2009." If you watched the press conference it was nothing law about it and seemed more like a political rally.

When one of the first things you say is "We were elected to do this job back in 2009." If you watched the press conference it was nothing law about it and seemed more like a political rally.
    What did you want her to say that she didn't?

Um....he had 24 hours to turn himself in. If he were to run, it would have looked even worse for him than it already does.

Sometimes people just read the posts and not the quote that goes along with it. When this happens it makes what you say look dumb. Don't be like this, read quoted parts then the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    As far as I can tell Sanford isn't her circuit. She was brought in for this.

Its a flat stupid claim.
    I live in the City she's elected to represent shes a corrupt politician,pilfered the local economy on more than one occasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wells, Booshman, I just want to ask both of you a question. Don't read to much into it, don't over think it. The question is only what it sounds like, and nothing else.

If, hypothetically, the prosecution is unable to prove Zimmerman's guilt, do you still want him to be found guilty?

Why even bring it up? Unless you want people to vote for you. Anytime an elected official wants votes the always talk about when they were voted in and why they were voted in. If it was about justice like she wanted us to believe then why even have a press conference? The only thing she did was say she couldn't talk about the case or where Zimmerman was or is. It was just her blowing her own horn and talking about herself the whole time.

This is why you don't post when you're still wearing your tin-foil, because it makes you sound like a paranoid <snip>.

Mod Warning: Watch the flaming.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-04-12 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Wells, Booshman, I just want to ask both of you a question. Don't read to much into it, don't over think it. The question is only what it sounds like, and nothing else.

If, hypothetically, the prosecution is unable to prove Zimmerman's guilt, do you still want him to be found guilty?
    i cant wait to hear this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

If he's proven innocent then he's innocent. It also shows that a law this troublesome needs to seriously be re-evaluated.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2012-04-12 at 01:09 AM.

"We have evidence to believe that Zimmerman did not act in self defense"

Did she say that? I might have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    I live in the City she's elected to represent shes a corrupt politician,pilfered the local economy on more than one occasion.
    Oh well must be true then, never mind.

Of course not. Are you serious?

Why even bring it up?
    Why have a press conference to let the press know about charges in a case in the national spotlight? Gee I wonder why.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Extrazero8 View Post
    "We have evidence to believe that Zimmerman did not act in self defense"

Did she say that? I might have missed it.
    She can't comment on evidence in an on going case. You know this.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he's proven innocent then he's innocent. It also shows that the law this troublesome needs to seriously be re-evaluated.
    But that's not how our legal system works here. You don't have to prove innocence. You're innocent by default. You have to prove guilt.

If he's proven innocent then he's innocent. It also shows that the law this troublesome needs to seriously be re-evaluated.
    there nothing wrong with the law when used properly and by law abiding citizens protecting themselves or others
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not. Are you serious?
    There are a lot of people of the opinion that he's guilty by default, and should have to prove his innocence. I was just making sure that you weren't one of them.

But that's not how our legal system works here. You don't have to prove innocence. You're innocent by default. You have to prove guilt.
    not necessarily when using an affirmative defense. kind of still, but not completely

Zimmerman's claim is an affirmative defense.

In an affirmative defense the defense is acknowledging that the event took place (in this case a shooting) but that it was a lawful killing. In instances of affirmative defense you need to actually show your defense because you've shifted the burden of proof on to yourself, as you've already agreed you were guilty of the actions.

Its like with mental illness claims. Claiming not guilty by insanity is an affirmative defense. When you claim you are crazy and didn't know what you were doing as a result you then have to show it, the state doesn't have to disprove it.

Same with self defense. If you say "Yes I killed him but it was justified" its up to you to show its justified, otherwise all you've done is confess to killing someone. Hell in some areas in order to enter an affirmative defense you have to please guilty first.