Page 3 of 222 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
103
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer Pud'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Posts
    2,998
    This happened in Orlando you say? How odd, even if this were a gated community, seeing a black person near his neighborhood shouldn't be a rare enough occurrence for this guy to suspect this teen of anything. Fishy article, though I'm still sure the gun owner is to blame for this incident, and that race was likely a factor.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-03-09 at 05:47 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    A racist person, what more could there need to be?
    Oh who knows, silly things like facts, evidence, you know - the stuff that actually matters instead of nameless fools jumping to conclusions with minimal information?

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord xylophone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,272
    Random moron shoots random black kid in gated community.

    Conclusion, Americans are racist, trigger happy idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    You can't tell if someone is unarmed or not. The reason why they call it a concealed weapon is because its concealed. I know! /gasp.

    If someone is acting suspiciously, then makes an aggressive act toward you, then you should act to defend yourself. You don't know if they have a weapon or not.

    We know NOW that the kid didn't have a weapon. Watch captain guy didn't know that.



    HOWEVER, he still jumped to conclusions in a bad situation. He shouldn't have been armed out there anyway, and his taking action after calling the police shows some kind of ulterior motive to this incident.

    But, with the information given, there is not enough evidence for me to say one way or the other if this was actually murder, or a tragic case of self defense gone wrong.

    As Gandalf says "Do not be so eager to deal out death and judgement, for even the very wise cannot see all ends"
    He was in his car, got out (or might not have), and confronted the kid. The kid was only found with ice tea and Skittles. How do you do suspect that he is armed? I can pull the race card, but we all know that would be a ridiculous conclusion. If I see a kid walking down the street empty handed, the last thing I would be thinking is "You know what, this kid is probably packing right about now." So now we just assume everyone is armed and shoot them as soon as we get into an argument with them? That is not why the US government grants us the right to bare arms. Someone with a CCW and captain of Neighborhood Watch and a 4 year degree should have more sense than that. I hope the jury takes that into consideration.

  5. #45
    It seems obvious that the guy was wrong in shooting this kid, though the reporting on the story atleast from the article provided is pretty bad too. What time was is? Is it dark? Is there done form of curfew in this community? I'm not saying any of those are reason to kill someone but the reporter of the story has no other angle, no details and even finishes up the story by saying it was obvious that it was because he was black. Jumping to a conclusion based on this story alone is impossible without additional facts.

  6. #46
    I really hate racism, since any person can be a racist regardless of their actual race, wish ppl would learn that any PERSON can be intolerable not an entire race of ppl. simple mindedness

    its a real shame since someone who is racist could easily find a person (of said race in which they loath) that could end up being their best friend or partner, yet ppl let skin colour dictate their views on someone before they've even met them. bah its got so out of hand now its not like its a problem that will ever be fixable since even if your not racist you know there are ppl that are. who also know other ppl are which sounds a bit convoluted but bleh.

  7. #47
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,786
    Quote Originally Posted by McSpriest View Post
    are you kidding? the kid was unarmed. I don't care if he ran towards the guy arms waving he was UNARMED! self defense does not protect you from murdering an unarmed kid.
    I'm not talking about what happened in this case, but think about what you are saying. I have every right to defend myself. If someone is coming at me in a threatening way I have no way of knowing if they are armed or not. All I know is they are threatening my well being. So you would prefer I wait for them to draw the gun first? Or just wait for them to be arms length away to where he could get the gun away from me? Maybe they have a knife in their back pocket. Do I still wait fro them to be close enough to use it?
    Last edited by Baar; 2012-03-09 at 06:23 PM.

  8. #48
    From what I can see we have a kid who got shot by a white guy with very little else mentioned.

    Kay, where's the rest of the relevant information so we can do more than just jumped to stupid conclusions?

  9. #49
    OH MY GOD IV NEVER HEARD ANA SO ANGRY.*

    I never say this but, INSTA BONER.*

    On topic! The guy needs to be arrested for murdering that kid. Hate crime.

  10. #50
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,061
    As usual a white guy shoots a black guy and everyone cries racism...
    Last edited by Noobadin; 2012-03-09 at 06:28 PM.

  11. #51
    Does anybody have another report of this story that actually has, you know, details?

    I read it, and all I got from it was "black kid walking home with candy, guy on watch shoots him".

    Really? That's all?

    Did he threaten the watchman? Did he pretend to have a gun? Did he try to assault him? Did he ignore him?

    It's all guesswork from here.

  12. #52
    So many lemmings in here. You actually come to the conclusion that the guy's some racist nutjob? God help us if any of you manage to get any kind of position in any of the justice or law enforcement organizations in whatever country you live in. The article doesn't even say that they've proved that Zimmerman shot the kid, only that the family lawyer accuses him of doing such. Get some real reading comprehension.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Does anybody have another report of this story that actually has, you know, details?

    I read it, and all I got from it was "black kid walking home with candy, guy on watch shoots him".

    Really? That's all?

    Did he threaten the watchman? Did he pretend to have a gun? Did he try to assault him? Did he ignore him?

    It's all guesswork from here.
    There are no details what so ever. If you would have payed attention to the video, they clearly state that it is all "under investigation" by the police. Also, in the video it says that the kid had skittles in his pocket and no, he did not threaten the guy. It was simply a hate crime. The guy who shot the kid claims that he got assaulted.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    So many lemmings in here. You actually come to the conclusion that the guy's some racist nutjob? God help us if any of you manage to get any kind of position in any of the justice or law enforcement organizations in whatever country you live in. The article doesn't even say that they've proved that Zimmerman shot the kid, only that the family lawyer accuses him of doing such. Get some real reading comprehension.
    He admitted it and claimed self-defense.

    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/0...dade-teen.html

    Basically Zimmerman sees the kid deems him as suspicious for what ever reason starts following him around harassing him, they get into a tussle and the kid ends up shot.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    "17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by a Neighborhood Watch captain inside his own gated Orlando, Florida community where he was living with his father, stepmother and little brother, according to the family's lawyer."

    http://globalgrind.com/news/trayvon-...-watch-details


    More info on Zimmermanhttp://pastebin.com/NMTGJG6x
    Neat fact... Even if you don't understand something, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense... *Much like that sentence : )

    Also, pretty crappy video... Not sure if it's just media news spouting BS for the sake or ratings, or a non-news show doing the same...

    -Alamar
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-03-10 at 07:19 AM.

  16. #56
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,775
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I'm not talking about what happened in this case, but think about what you are saying. I have every right to defend myself. If someone is coming at me in a threatening way I have no way of knowing if they are armed or not. All I know is they are threatening my well being. So you would prefer I wait for them to draw the gun first? Or just wait for them to be arms length away to where he could get the gun away from me? Maybe they have a knife in their back pocket. Do I still wait fro them to be close enough to use it?
    So you would shoot someone that "appears" unarmed if he got close to you and made you nervous?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    As a white man i also have to be careful where I walk, racism is not limited to one race.
    Right! As a proud mexican american, I have to be careful where I walk when I visit known dangerous towns. I have had people try to kick my ass because I do not share a similarity with their color.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Remember, racism is dead people (sarcasm).

    As a black man in 2012, its disgusting that I still have to be careful about where I walk. I was born and raised in Central Florida, not going to say its like the Jim Crow Era, not even the 1950s because racism is still very prevalent. I also stay in a similar community, I was joking about something like this happening not to long ago.

    Beware....Al Sharpton press conference coming....
    oh god your right, fucking hate al sharpton. that douchebag gives anti racism speeches in new york all the time, and amazingly his speeches are quite racist.
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

  19. #59
    An idiot (allegedly) racist person did something completely uncalled for and moronic. Because a person abused his power (owning a gun), everyone else should be held accountable and punished for his actions. A few things:

    1. I didn't read the story, and I'm not going to. I just don't feel like it, sorry.
    2. That dumb dirtbag should get the death penalty.
    3. Abuse of owning a gun doesn't mean no one sohuld be allowed to own one. People have been killed with hundreds--if not thousands--of things over the years. I mean, we've heard of people suffocating others with pillows. Should pillows be banned? We've seen a crazy person go crazy and assault cops with toy lightsabers. Shoudl those be banned? We've seen people stab others to death. Should steak knives be outlawed? People have choked people wit their bare hands. Should all hands be removed for the protection of others? People have drowned others. Shall we expel all water from the planet so that doesn't happen again?

    My point is, you can't take the unusual cases and treat them like they are the normalized incident. Taking away gun rights won't stop criminals. They'll illegally get guns regardless (how many times have pople been killed with stolen weapons?). If you ban all firearms in the country, criminals will go to crossbows. Ban them, they go to a regular bow (though most are too stupid to operate one properly). Ban them, they'll use rocks.

    If someone wants to commit a violent crime, he'll do it. Banning guns won't stop people from being angry and violent. You can't ban angry and violent, either.

  20. #60
    High Overlord Sepuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Landaaaan
    Posts
    143
    The first problem is that an unarmed person was killed by an armed person who's supposed to be neighbourhood watch, not a vigilante bandit murdering all potential threats. Even in regards to the police, until there is visible threat, unless they can see an offensive weapon (i.e. gun), they do not shoot to kill but instead deploy other means such as CS gas, tazers, etc (obviously this doesn't happen every time). Non-lethal weapons demand for subduing of the person carrying that weapon, again, for example there is not justification for a policeman shooting somebody with a baseball bat in the heart, considering policemen that carry arms are taught both lethal and non-lethal shots. So if the law enforcers have limits imposed on their actions, what gives this man the right to kill, shooting the young dude in the chest when there is no evidence of a threat to his life?

    Did Zimmerman warn the boy that he had a gun? Did Zimmerman unsheathe the gun to make it visible to the boy that he had dangerous weaponry? Or did he just simply pump small bits of metal into the boy's chest?

    Note I have not mentioned race in anything I've said so far. Now as a black male, to throw race into the mix... I'm not even surprised this shit still happens. 2012 is just a number, racism will always exist in this world as long as there is more than one skin colour. I'm so so sure that if it was a young white boy walking around in the gated community, nothing would've happened. It's an assumption, but from my own experiences I'm confident in my assumption. My family and I flew out to Florida from the UK in 2010 and stayed in Kissimmee. There was a basketball court within the community. We played a couple of times, and at first we were questioned by the area security (I'm assuming). We told them we were staying in the area. Fair enough, they aren't familiar with us. Same dude questioned us each time, eventually muttering 'I'm surprised black folk even made it here'. I'm sure he didn't intend for me and my dad to hear it, but from that point on we no longer played outside. I couldn't approach anybody throughout the duration of the holiday without them clutching their bag or refusing to make eye contact. It's only when they heard a British accent they stopped and poised. Even when I went Atlanta in 2007, the same thing. The racial tension is still high there.

    Fair enough, the media creates stereotypical fears of certain cultures, and shit, sometimes we create them ourselves. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was a consequence of racism.

    And you know what the biggest fuckery of all is? Zimmerman was not even arrested. Lol. *shaking my damn head*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •