Which Paladin spec's in MoP?

Hello fellow Paladins!

I, like many of you im guessing, have been cornered into either tanking or healing during raids for my guild (im an officer). I know both specs are strong so it makes sense and we all know heals and tank are usually harder slots to fill. While I dont necessarily dislike either role I am to the point where I would like to play Ret before, and during MoP, as I think they have became more viable since Cata launched and I feel this will continue to MoP.

So atm I am trying to figure out what spec I am going to drop for Ret. I know this primarily a personal choice answer but I really am dumbfounded atm as my GM did not mind either way, so....

What spec will you be playing in MoP and why?
    Thanks!

Deleted
    I will be playing a Retribution Paladin, because that's what I've been sticking with up to this point. I think you should go with whatever you feel like, if you want to play Retribution and your GM is okay with it, I say go for it!

It really will depend on which of the two specs you prefer playing currently. I've always loved tanking and have tanked on my Paladin since I was able to choose a spec on him in Burning Crusade. i've done a Tank main spec Holy offspec and it does make you very useful but it can be very stressful going from being the one responsible for keeping everyone else from getting their faces beat on to the one healing through the beating. I found I didn't heal often enough to warrant maintaining a gear set for Holy and because of that I wouldn't say I was a bad healer, but I wasn't as good as others who have healed since day 1. That and since the Ret abilities are more or less the same as Prot it makes it very easy to jump back and forth between the two. So my Paladin is Prot main spec and Ret off spec. Just last night I ran raid finder with my friends and queued up as both Tank or DPS and actually was picked to DPS rather than tank! It's quite refreshing and enjoyable to DPS for a change and surprisingly good DPS considering I'm using Firelands DPS gear and not DS gear. While I wasn't sweepin' the deepz I did get fairly close to a my friend that plays a rogue in full DS10 gear. It's a good bit of fun especially when you get like 6 back to back Divine Purpose Procs with Art of War procs overlapping and you are hitting bosses like a train with your cooldowns popped. So as for me, Prot and Ret is where I will be for a while now and most likely into MoP unless I decide to switch it up with the new expansion.

Holy - That's what i always liked the most! But know not for my OS - Either Holy(PvP) or Ret! [Depends on wether i'll get my http://www.wowhead.com/item=32458/ashes-of-alar before MOP!]

I've been pushed into tanking Heroic Dragon Soul because our DK tank started nerd raging during progression wipes and I was the only one with a semi-decent tank spec. I've firmly placed that this is for progression only. I will be Retribution ONLY for MoP. I've got the beta, and I will be streaming Retribution dungeons, questing, raids and other fun stuff. Retribution just looks like it will be a lot of fun in MoP with the new talent system.

Especially PvP a slow and a snare in one button.

Thanks for the responses, I must say PvP is probably where I am lacking in titles and achv's and I would like to get back on track where i left off in WoLK...of course its been a tough xpac for pallys in a pvp perspective (prot is a no go and I didnt really want to pvp holy either). So i too am hoping that people wont be laughing at Rets in pvp come MoP quite as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be playing Prot, and only Prot it's the only paladin spec I've EVER played seriously since I rolled this guy in TBC, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

except if Brewmaster monks are REALLY awesome
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Ret Paladin MS, Holy OS for making some extra cash running dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atm i have pve ret and pvp ret spec. In MoP though i wont need two different specs. Im not in a very hardcore pve guild so my pvp talents will do just fine in pve.

As for my off-spec ill be prot. Played tank during most of the TBC, Wotlk and some of the cata. I like prot, for me its dps>tank>>>healing.

Ret 4 lyf.

I played prot on T11 cause of guild needs, sat out T12 cause of... burnout from playing prot :P

And then back to ret again for T13 and it is legen... ...dary.

You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.

Holy PvE / Ret PvP
    Holy being my mainspec for the last.. 9 tiers straight?
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

15+ Year Old Account
    I will be playing Holy/Ret, just because I dislike tanking.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)