Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Silencer is an awful support, there's literally nothing to him if you don't have items. Go solo/dual mid or farm safelane and build glaives-stats-glaives-aura-glaives and win the lane with ease. Curse is usually not worth putting more than 1 point into, I usually skip it entirely. It's easy to get rid of, useless in fights and leveling and Glaives/Aura/stats is more efficient.
    Silencer is a situational pick if anything and I agree with him being bad as a pure support, but he will absolutely destroy certain heroes. His aura is a pain in teamfights too, even if he doesn't have items and the opposing team is competent.

I played a CM game last night where we ended with a Bane and a Tiny on our team. I told our Captain to ban Silencer because he literally shits all over Bane and Tiny, but nope, "Why would they pick Silencer?".

They picked Silencer and we got trashed in 70% of the teamfights. I'd start channeling my Fiend's Grasp (I was the Bane Elemental) and then suddenly "SILENCE" and then I was just standing there, while our Chen got stunlocked and focused by the enemy team. I think we had two helpful Hand of God casts that entire game due to chainstuns, aura silences and global silence.

We did get outplayed, but holy moley can Silencer screw with you in a teamfight if he is positioned right.

He was their solomid too.
    Last edited by mmoc5fa303d2cd; 2012-08-19 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuckin Dazzle. Such a fun hero, and so powerful. Constantly shits out heals as long as he's in the fight, grave is probably one the best skills in the game, and Weave is something that makes a huge difference in a fairly subtle way. I fucking love Weave. Weave your teammates and dive a tower, weave the enemy team and watch your carry shred people, weave your team and take rosh with hardly any damage. 2 gud.

Been skipping Meka on him for a faster Medallion in most games. Meka just seems mildly redundant when you're already shitting heals everywhere and by time I've got the spot in my inventory to buy Meka, it's probably past the time when Meka is its most useful (up to about 30-35 mins.)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I always go medallion first on Dazzle. It's very quick to build on him and the combination of that + maxed poison touch at level 7 will kill just about anyone in a gank. I've always been a firm believer in the best defense being five dead enemies, though.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-08-19 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I always go medallion first on Dazzle. It's very quick to build on him and the combination of that + maxed poison touch at level 7 will kill just about anyone in a gank. I've always been a firm believer in the best defense being five dead enemies, though.
    I always go Soul Ring first and leave Poison Touch at lvl 1. Max heal first, then grave, then I get touch to 3 before going pure stats. I used to skip Weave until heal+grave were maxed but then I realized how fucking overpowered giving your entire team +10 armor is at the 10 minute mark :P

Had probably the best game I've had in the sense that we curbstomped them and made at least one person ragequit. I guess I was the 5th guy for a group of 4, and for fucking once the group of 4 were pretty good. Early rosh with leoric+ursa (they spotted them going in for lvl 1 though so they had to wait until like lvl 4) and they sent a solo NS against Rubick+PA... and NS spent the entire game at his tower, getting virtually no farm. I think between the two of us we had like 30-35 denies when we left the lane and NS was only ever about half a level ahead of either of us. Came nightfall, he STILL couldn't get any farm, so I guess he ragequit - disconnected without ever having said a word to his teammates and never came back.

Then I stole Sylla's bear and killed him with it. Then QoP killed me, I came back and stole her ulti and killed her with it. Then I killed Juggernaut with his spin. I love Rubick.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Broodmother is still my favorite. Been playing that mode that gives you 3 heroes to choose from. Impossible otherwise for me to learn them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skjuludde View Post
    Broodmother is still my favorite. Been playing that mode that gives you 3 heroes to choose from. Impossible otherwise for me to learn them
    Yeah, it's a good mode for learning heroes, but sometimes you'll lose games simply because your team got bad picks while they got good picks. Luck of the draw.

I've been randoming in AP a lot lately.

DS has quickly become my favorite hero. So easy to shit on most heroes. Ion shell rank 4 just melts stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    DS has quickly become my favorite hero. So easy to shit on most heroes. Ion shell rank 4 just melts stuff.
    Did they ever fix the invisibility exploit? Used to be you could have a BH or Clinkz windwalk and Ion Shell them and then all they do is just chase a hero in circles while they wonder where all their HP is going.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Did they ever fix the invisibility exploit? Used to be you could have a BH or Clinkz windwalk and Ion Shell them and then all they do is just chase a hero in circles while they wonder where all their HP is going.
    it is not exploit ?

inb4 remove DS from CM too stronk
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-08-19 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    it is not exploit ?

yeah fuck that shit so fucking op i mean absolutely valve need to fucking delete from CM and AR and ban every fucking exploiter
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-08-19 at 11:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    it is not exploit ?

shrug, everyone I heard talking about it talked about it as an exploit and not intentional, supposedly it was going to be fixed and treated as a bug.

Smoke jungling apparently got fixed, but I haven't even seen it in a long time anyway.

I always hog the hard lane solo, my opponents are so bad that I always ends up the most farmed hero on the map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they do something to matchmaking again? I haven't had an even game in a long damn time. Just bailed out of a game where none of my teammates spoke english and... predictably... they were all complete garbage. It was amusing to see NA actually be useful in a game for once, though.

I don't know why there aren't IP restrictions or whatever for public matchmaking. Seems like all that happens is someone that doesn't speak the common language of the servers joins, is probably not very good to begin with, and usually complains about lag the entire time. Sure, you could probably get around them with proxies, but people that are smart enough to do that probably aren't going to suck at games anyway.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-19 at 12:34 PM.

Why don't you stop solo queuing then? All you seem to do is complain about match making but you don't take the very obvious step of finding other people to play with.

Like I really don't understand why someone would, for what feels like months now, constantly complain about solo queue but keep doing it. Do you not understand that you bring it on yourself?

Also why would rank 4 ion shell on an invis hero be op. That's level 7 and you still don't have detection? It's no more overpowered than any other aspect of stealth, which is to say not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    Why don't you stop solo queuing then? All you seem to do is complain about match making but you don't take the very obvious step of finding other people to play with.

Like I really don't understand why someone would, for what feels like months now, constantly complain about solo queue but keep doing it. Do you not understand that you bring it on yourself?
    Because why should I be forced to have to find a group of people - and then find time where we can all play for hours on end - instead of there being a matchmaking system that's accurate?

Why can't I just log on and queue for a game and have the very reasonable expectation that everyone in the game will be accurately matched instead of it just apparently grabbing people from a very wide variety of skill levels and throw them into the game?

Also why would rank 4 ion shell on an invis hero be op. That's level 7 and you still don't have detection? It's no more overpowered than any other aspect of stealth, which is to say not at all.
    ... I never called it overpowered? I just said that I had been told it was considered a bug/exploit, maybe they were incorrect.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-19 at 02:47 PM.

It's not even about matchmaking, dota was always a team game and anyone could tell you you will always have better time playing with people you know. And matchmaking still works well within its margins, it's just Dunning-Kruger talking whenever people lose and they need to rationalize it by looking for guilt in things other than themselves.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-08-19 at 03:19 PM.

It's not even about matchmaking, dota was always a team game and anyone could tell you you will always have better time playing with people you know. And matchmaking still works well within its margins, it's just Dunning-Kruger talking whenever people lose and they need to rationalize it by looking for guilt in things other than themselves.
    Sometimes it really isn't your fault. Had a Chinese player that didn't know English (so I assume he never said a word the entire game) go 0-5-0 as Luna when our team had 30 kills around the 35 minute mark. That's actively avoiding a fight and teamplay for you. We would go to push their tier 2 towers and he would leave the team to go farm the second anyone got remotely close to us. By the time he decided to run in and use his ult we (me as DP and an ally TH) used our AoE ultimates to wipe their team for only two deaths. Too bad their Huskar got back up and killed us all and raxes because he was stupid fed from having free map control due to 4v5 the entire game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except I'm not saying every loss is a game that I played perfectly - in every single game I've lost, AND in every game I've won, I can identify mistakes I made. Sometimes I really botched the job and we lost because I fucked up. Sometimes I played well and we lost for some other reason - but even so, there were mistakes I made that could have been avoided.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-19 at 03:44 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, had some fun with some buddies before the summer break ended, and decided to play the DotA drinking game (take a swig every time you die, and you must random)
    Oh my. I randomed Lina. It was probably the worst experience ever. I couldn't land Light Strike Array to save my life, they had an AM and Silencer, I had like 15 deaths. We had to slow down, and didn't play another game after. Wow, yeah, don't do that.
    Don't drink and DotA kids. Unless you're Brewmaster... adds to the immersion, I guess. Lol.