Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post

Not necessarily, some people might just be too bad at English to be able to communicate.
    so instead of poor communication, he choses no communication through language noone undestands? and hell if hes bad in english, why doesnt he just... que on russia server?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    so instead of poor communication, he choses no communication through language noone undestands? and hell if hes bad in english, why doesnt he just... que on russia server?
    And if he's bad, why doesn't he just queue bot games and practice or get a coach?

I never said it was very smart, just that they're on equal levels of choice'ness.

I've already answered that.
    It's because people are stupid, because people are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.
    It's so many people out there playin this game while not being able to communicate in the slightest, you would not believe, and it is not restrained to russians specifically.

And if he's bad, why doesn't he just queue bot games and practice or get a coach?

I never said it was very smart, just that they're on equal levels of choice'ness.
    Because people are...

because being bad in game is subjective. being bad in english or have no english knowledge at all isnt.

Deleted
    because being bad in game is subjective. being bad in english or have no english knowledge at all isnt.
    Sure it is. If not, how come people can decipher garbled English at different speeds or accuracies?

Sure it is. If not, how come people can decipher garbled English at different speeds or accuracies?
    if someone cant write in english, thats it, he cant write in english, game over. he wont get better in it by playing with english speaking players and not trying to communicate iwth them.

Unlike being bad in game, where you actually get better by playing with players, and if they are bad, the game automatically tries to group them with similar level of skill.

Too bad it doesnt do the same for language

Then it's very bad mannered to speak another language in front of strangers (atleast based on my country's ethics)
    Funny thing is, it's bad mannered in russia too. Here in russian we have that idiom about a beam in one's eye. but those idiots don't give a shit. Honestly, i'm russian myself and i hate those idiots too, i think that's the main reason why we live in the fucking 3rd world county, people here just don't give a shit about another person. Speaking in not english on europe server is a problem that valve should resolve somehow, but i dont see how it would work, some kind of language test before queing? i guess it's not a bad idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzfun View Post
    Funny thing is, it's bad mannered in russia too. Here in russian we have that idiom about a beam in one's eye. but those idiots don't give a shit. Honestly, i'm russian myself and i hate those idiots too, i think that's the main reason why we live in the fucking 3rd world county, people here just don't give a shit about another person. Speaking in not english on europe server is a problem that valve should resolve somehow, but i dont see how it would work, some kind of language test before queing? i guess it's not a bad idea.
    I do not think a test will solve it. But there should be banable to play on English servers and not speaking english. Even if I play with 3 friends who are swedish I talk english for the sake of the last person. I almost never write or talk to my team when soloqueing anymore since people either wont answer or do not understand english. It is so frustrating.

That's a pretty broken assessment, people don't generally choose to play badly and there's matchmaking to help them find matches suited for their level. And considering that in matchmaking everyone has bad games every once in a while everyone would sometimes commit the offense of "being bad", at least from their teammates' perspectives. And a lot of people don't really have a realistic view of their skill level, but I imagine almost everyone has a pretty good idea of the their skill in English language and their willingness to use it.

Meanwhile ending up in a situation where you're unable to communicate with your teammates is, perhaps not every time, but often something that you could have avoided. Maybe your English skills are alright but you still choose to queue to EUW and spam cyrillic text? Maybe they're bad but you still queue on EUW and still attempt to communicate in Russian regardless of not getting any positive responses?

The other fairly useless assessment that gets tossed around is the need to point out that all bad mannered players aren't Russian. I mean, a child could prove that to be true, all you need to do is find a single non-Russian BM player and slap a Q.E.D. on the case. I doubt anyone actually thinks any kind of behavior is exclusively limited to any group, but that the volume of unmannered players or the overall toxicity is higher in the CIS community. I've said that I don't have anything against CIS players, but I've heard from many of them that they don't want to queue on their 'designated' servers because they're full of 'kids and noobs.' Which kind of seems to be the root of the problem, assuming there is a problem, that all players just assume it's everyone else being 'bad' in one way or another and escape their community without trying to fix anything about themselves or their community.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-26 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valve has to deal with this somehow hopefully not by region locking since they would probably lock Bosnia to east -.- but as I've said pages earlier play RD until something is fixed, most people in RD games speak English because only 3% plays it so less chance of getting matched with full team of people typing in cyrilic.

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Deleted
    if someone cant write in english, thats it, he cant write in english, game over. he wont get better in it by playing with english speaking players and not trying to communicate iwth them.

Unlike being bad in game, where you actually get better by playing with players, and if they are bad, the game automatically tries to group them with similar level of skill.

Too bad it doesnt do the same for language
    Uhhh.. The foundation of my English knowledge today is due to VIDEO GAMES. Specifically "Tibia" where i started playing with other players and in English.

But Russians are IGNORANT. They CHOOSE to not listen to other people but Russian. THEY REFUSE to TRY to communicate. 99% of the Russians are like this. I've added Russians to my friendslist cause they were good players and spoke English to me, I didn't even mind when they wrote in Russian to eachother because they would speak English to me if i told them to.

I played Wc3 Dota many years ago, i was usually the host and i had Banlist. I removed anyone with a retarded nickname containing numbers, big letters like this "BALLSACK1234557755", doing a /whoall command and removing all the russians because back then, they ruined all games by leaving.

I want to learn few words Cyrillic to annoy people. It seems like a strong method to do so. xD

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post

I played Wc3 Dota many years ago, i was usually the host and i had Banlist. I removed anyone with a retarded nickname containing numbers, big letters like this "BALLSACK1234557755", doing a /whoall command and removing all the russians because back then, they ruined all games by leaving.
    hahah soo true :d
    numbers in nick = insta lose
    good ol' days of battlenet

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    "Deal with it" is not an option.
    never was, never will be.
    I agree, good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The unusual green one is the only one for me that grabs my attention with his aura/animation , tough i don't have it nor will i since im trading/selling all the unusuals i can find , your courier looks awesome m8

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Guys, let's not turn this into a nation bashing thread please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Guys, let's not turn this into a nation bashing thread please.
    We're merely speaking the truth here

Be that as it may, many times discussions on that line go down hill very, very fast. So better to avoid them altogether than risk infractions/thread closures.

You are speaking your limited perspective. I could go head and tell my experience about Swedish people. The ones I see in this forum tend to be racist but that doesn't mean its the truth. I do not generalize my experience. I suggest same for you.

I am sick of all this racist circle jerk going on in this thread...

and no I am not Russian. You don't need to be Russian to see bash-fest.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-26 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You are speaking your limited perspective. I could go head and tell my experience about Swedish people. The ones I see in this forum tend to be racist but that doesn't mean its the truth. I do not generalize my experience. I suggest same for you.
    Swedish people are, from my experienced perspective, one of the least patriotic, nationalistic and racist nationalities there are. But hey, that's kind of your point, isn't it?

Did anyone catch the Fistful of Tangoes 1v1 solo mid games? I've been without a computer for a while, are they all worth watching?