Magnus doesn't need other heroes. Can't tell you how many times I've seen Magnus stop a tower push early game by himself. He teleports to the tower and people figure "he's only level 9 let's just destroy him" and then he ults skewers and shockwaves 4 heroes and they're all at maybe 20% life left if not dead from full health. Skewer needs to probably not be such a hard AoE nuke.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    most magnus don't go with damage items so even with empower, his cleave isn't really the problem. The long stun that goes through bkb is much more troublesome. In terms of AoE combo with other heroes, DS is much better.
    DS is only better if you stand in it, and it's over time. Magnus is pure burst - RP, skewer, shockwave, and there's more damage than a Lina combo, and all of it's AOE and unavoidable (because you're stunned.)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

check out the last top 10 dota 2, guys.
    there magnus, totally legit.
    just soloes the whole fething team.

I had to stop watching top 10, it's getting ridiculous. Out of 10 plays a week, 3 are way over fed heroes (even though they say they won't use fed heroes as clips), 2 are sun strikes, 4 is someone just clicking an ultimate, and 1 is an actual good play. And that's a good week.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I wish I could see what kind of logic Icefrog used when he implemented the ultimate for Magnus.

What a bullshit skill.
    Just FYI, Reverse polarity is older than Icefrog. Also, Skewer or free battlefury for anyone is the problem, not RP.

Agreed, skewer and empower are the problem. Mags was fine when empower was damage and skewer was cleave.
    Random casual stuff now

Yeah, I kinda made that post after getting owned in a pub. (Note to self: don't bring friends you can't carry.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I had to stop watching top 10, it's getting ridiculous. Out of 10 plays a week, 3 are way over fed heroes (even though they say they won't use fed heroes as clips), 2 are sun strikes, 4 is someone just clicking an ultimate, and 1 is an actual good play. And that's a good week.
    Top 10 is basically RANANANANANAA BARGLE HARGLE BLARG AOE AOE AOE AOE AOE AOE RAAAAAAH!

This week's Invoker at #1 was pretty neat though. I admired him using blink dagger to predict and avoid pudge hooks.
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Personally I enjoy the Fails of the Week. As fun as it is to watch people do sick plays, it's arguably even more fun to watch people fail.

Mousesports vs Liquid on Defense...

What a way to finish the series.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Mousesports vs Liquid on Defense...

What a way to finish the series.
    Gyro truly is an american hero
    With guns blessed by the divine rapier he shot and bombed the dire base to pieces
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Top 10 is basically RANANANANANAA BARGLE HARGLE BLARG AOE AOE AOE AOE AOE AOE RAAAAAAH!

This week's Invoker at #1 was pretty neat though. I admired him using blink dagger to predict and avoid pudge hooks.
    I was Weaver and baited reverse polarity and time lapsed out of it - where's my top 10 mega super awesome play? I guess I didn't get a rampage so there obviously wasn't any skill involved.
    Random casual stuff now

I was Weaver and baited reverse polarity and time lapsed out of it - where's my top 10 mega super awesome play? I guess I didn't get a rampage so there obviously wasn't any skill involved.
    or you didn't submit it

one of the two

Regular Dota

Ranked Only
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    people who smoke weed past primary school dont deserve jobs. weed is for little kids. you should stop smoking it and move on to real people things

#10 on this week's is stupid as hell. There was like... no skill involved, from any player. Tide gets yanked by Bat and panic Ravages the second the lasso breaks. QoP TP's in and just screams in the general direction of the now stunned enemy team - WOO SKILL!

And then there was Magnus dying and then blinking in, RP, swing swing swing swing. SKILL.
    MMOC IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

And then there was Magnus dying and then blinking in, RP, swing swing swing swing. SKILL.
    that's the point

Hey guys, newbie here. In one of the games a treasure of crystalline chaos dropped, but I couldn't find a key in the market that could open it, and it says that the treasure expires on March 28. How do you open this or is it not possible yet/already?

I assume the chests have been implemented, but not the keys. I think the keys will be added to the store once the Lotus chests go away this Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    that's the point
    Yeah

Some of them were pretty good this week. I liked Rubick setting up hooks for Pudge.
    MMOC IRC!

Because Sven's suddenly jumped up to my favourite Hero does anybody know if there are any good matches of people playing him on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Because Sven's suddenly jumped up to my favourite Hero does anybody know if there are any good matches of people playing him on youtube?
    http://dota-academy.com/hero/2/